Assetto Corsa Time Trials PC

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
SiLo

Re: Assetto Corsa Time Trials PC

I used to play ACC in VR, but I found that it was actually harder because the resolution of the track was reduced and I was missing some of my braking points.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 12:30
I might download and try this tomorrow. Does AC work with VR? My monitors are too far away to use properly lol
VR most definitely is the way to go. I can't do any racing now unless its in VR. Without VR , It just doesn't feel like I'm in the car.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

cooken

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 16:25
SiLo wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 12:30
I might download and try this tomorrow. Does AC work with VR? My monitors are too far away to use properly lol
VR most definitely is the way to go. I can't do any racing now unless its in VR. Without VR , It just doesn't feel like I'm in the car.
I'm really keen on getting into it eventually, never tried before. First I think I need to update my 2600k and gtx970...maybe prices will come back to earth one day but impossible to justify lately.

Zynerji

I dunno. VR seems super nice, and it is surely the future, but I can buy 3x42inch 4k tvs now for$250usd each.

I'd be hard pressed to really need more than that in a home setup. I get the pro-gamers living in the VR space, but for me, it's nose cam, and 120* FOV.

cooken

Zynerji wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 17:29
I dunno. VR seems super nice, and it is surely the future, but I can buy 3x42inch 4k tvs now for$250usd each.

I'd be hard pressed to really need more than that in a home setup. I get the pro-gamers living in the VR space, but for me, it's nose cam, and 120* FOV.
I would argue for home VR makes way more sense than triples because it takes up way less space.

SiLo

cooken wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 18:30
Zynerji wrote:

I would argue for home VR makes way more sense than triples because it takes up way less space.
I prefer monitors over VR, but it's way less immersive. I'm not as fast or consistent because the loss of detail makes it harder to be super accurate.
Felipe Baby!

Zynerji

cooken wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 18:30
Zynerji wrote:

Sure, but you look silly af on your Twitch stream. 😏

JH1992

Anyone set a lap yet? I ran a 1:26 but didn't push too hard because I don't have a reference to chase

cooken

JH1992 wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 21:23
Anyone set a lap yet? I ran a 1:26 but didn't push too hard because I don't have a reference to chase
Yep I had a go, 1:26 flat. Would be good to have the times posted to a shared doc somewhere rather than keep updating this thread.

NathanOlder

cooken wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 21:33
JH1992 wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 21:23
Yep I had a go, 1:26 flat. Would be good to have the times posted to a shared doc somewhere rather than keep updating this thread.
I will look in to it as I'm sure I've seen it done with other racing leagues.

As for the car, I had a quck go last night, it's a little bit annoying using the qualifying tyres as they are only good for a lap, maybe 2 laps at best :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

I'm using the hard tyres and just bobbin round. It's quite the challenge with shifter as my heel/toe skills are poor!

If I can get closer to you faster people then that's a bonus
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SiLo

I'm going to download later and give it a go. I don't have a shifter though so will have fun pressing a clutch pedal and then pulling a paddle XD
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

Unfortunately the server will be down for the time being, having some issues with the moderators here (unrelated to this thread). So its best to just stop the server for the time being as I may not be able to communicate with you guys.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

cooken

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 18:41
Unfortunately the server will be down for the time being, having some issues with the moderators here (unrelated to this thread). So its best to just stop the server for the time being as I may not be able to communicate with you guys.
Sorry to hear that. Is it possible to get the current leaderboard?

NathanOlder

cooken wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 19:00
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 18:41
Sorry to hear that. Is it possible to get the current leaderboard?
Will do.
Off the top of my head it was looking like this.

You were top with a 1.25.1
Then Jesse Heidrich 1.25.6
Myself 1.25.8
RZS10 1.27.4
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.