2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AeroDynamic wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 21:18
Newey is a lot more privy to actual data from people that really understand what is happening on the track. So are F1. Rob Smedley and Newey have both Suggested the RBR car was a bit better that season. Fan opinions to the contrary are just opinion. The RB was inherently faster because the rake maintained good DownForce after the regs reduced the floor and the slots teams used to extract DF from floors.
That is a plain lie. Newey said the total opposite directly after Max became the WDC on the live feed. Can you please rewatch and retract your post.

LionKing
LionKing

ispano6 wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 21:20
Guys, use the ignore feature! Don't let the usual suspects ruin your time here. Make sure to always read the forums logged in so that you can skip the crap and quit replying to their posts!

Max is the reigning World Champion and we get to relish and enjoy him and Red Bull Honda's achievement this year as car #1! Make sure to re-watch the 2021 final last lap, over and over and over again and just imagine what the other fans were feeling when Max crossed the line as champ! Nothing can take away that satisfaction!

For this season only focus on what the Red Bull team says and does, nothing else! There's no point in reading and writing endless rants about other teams and drivers in this thread!
Max was too fast and too good for Hamilton last year.

PlatinumZealot

Rob Smedely and Adrian Newey are the two strongest authorities on this. Rob sees the data from all teams, and Adrian Newey has the most knowledge on the RB16B. If someone chooses to ignore the facts then their minds will never change, so can we drop this conversation now please, it's pointless.

Dee wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:27
I really do not know why mods do not ban the posters who continue to de-rail topics. I respond to irrelivent comments that needs a rebuttal.

A month ban off this thread is what is needed

Then those that come to troll will have nowhere to go
You will have to speak to Mr. LH13 here. This is where things went off-topic.
lh13 wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:40
Max won against a faster Mercedes car by performing better and making less mistake.

Sent from my 21061119AG using Tapatalk
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

hollus

[/quote] It is a large and complicated forum, discussions can only stay on topic with some focus and self-restrain effort form the posters. If you post on mobile and the thread topic does not display... take those 2 extra seconds to scroll before making a post.[/i]
[/quote]

The last 2 pages are just rehash of old personal fights, beating a dead horse that got rotten long ago.
Thread locked.
Rivals, not enemies.

Stu

hollus wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 23:59
It is a large and complicated forum, discussions can only stay on topic with some focus and self-restrain effort form the posters. If you post on mobile and the thread topic does not display... take those 2 extra seconds to scroll before making a post.[/i]
[/quote]

The last 2 pages are just rehash of old personal fights, beating a dead horse that got rotten long ago.
Thread locked.

[/quote]

Great call @hollus.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

langedweil

Let's hope the flamewars stay out for a while ...

Anyway, seems pretty unreal we have a raceweekend already in 11dys.
Very curious to see to what extend the cars will change come Thursday, and if the RB18 stays largely the same.

Overweight teams pleading for raising the minimum weight from 795 to 800 is absolute ridiculous imho .. hope FIA won't move an inch on that.
HuggaWugga !

Kingshark
Kingshark

I visited this thread to learn more about the development of the RB18, but instead what I found is insecure driver fans still arguing about who the better driver of 2021 was, in March 2022. Embarrassing stuff.

Anyway, I am curious to see how the new Red Bull looks. I’ve heard rumours that it will have some substantial updates for the second test. I also hope that the porpoising issue is at least mitigated.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Dee wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:27
I really do not know why mods do not ban the posters who continue to de-rail topics. I respond to irrelivent comments that needs a rebuttal.

A month ban off this thread is what is needed

Then those that come to troll will have nowhere to go
If the posts are irrelevant, they don’t need a rebuttal…

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Surprised that the RB18 looks the same as in Barcelona… Maybe some surprises later this week?

organic

SmallSoldier wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 09:15
Surprised that the RB18 looks the same as in Barcelona… Maybe some surprises later this week?
Could be seeing if the updates to tackle porpoising are working before putting anything else on? Would not be surprised if this is the case; Marko suggested there'd be a fairly significant update for Bahrain so I was expecting more

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

organic wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 09:17
SmallSoldier wrote:
Could be seeing if the updates to tackle porpoising are working before putting anything else on? Would not be surprised if this is the case; Marko suggested there'd be a fairly significant update for Bahrain so I was expecting more
That’s the reason for my surprise… But yes, they could be trying to build a base line first and the new parts will show later… I was expecting something more on the first day based on their comments though

AeroDynamic

The new Mercedes does not live up to the spirit of the regulation. There are some parts that are illegal in our opinion.

– Christian Horner
RBR will protest

DChemTech
DChemTech

AeroDynamic wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 09:52
The new Mercedes does not live up to the spirit of the regulation. There are some parts that are illegal in our opinion.

– Christian Horner
RBR will protest
And that's why we shouldn't live in the spirit world. Proper engineering according to the provided quatitative rules being disputed because it may not be in line with some hooey qualitative feelings.

But hey, I hope the protest succeeds, just to piss off everyone that used the spirit-argument in past successful protests by MB. And after that, let's ditch spirit and go for SMART rulesets.
Last edited by DChemTech on 10 Mar 2022, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

organic wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 09:17
SmallSoldier wrote:
Newey said that the updates will come tomorrow and everyone can see them with there own eyes, so on the outside.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

DChemTech wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 10:25
AeroDynamic wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 09:52

– Christian Horner
RBR will protest
And that's why we shouldn't live in the spirit world. Proper engineering according to the provided quatitative rules being disputed because it may not be in line with some hooey qualitative feelings.

But hey, I hope the protest succeeds, just to piss off everyone that used the spirit-argument in past successful protests by MB. And after that, let's ditch spirit and go for SMART rulesets.
update

and yet, AMuS contradicts this.
"These are not mirror mounts, but two wings. They also have vertical baffles built on top. They have nothing to do with the mirror mount."

–Christian Horner
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... k-bahrain/

Edit again**

so RBR's official position is they have given no 'official' interview about the Mercedes.