2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wazari wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 01:47
Too easy to overtighten delicate body panels with torx head fasteners.
Jolle wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 02:09
Probably material choice. If you use a aluminium or magnesium screw, you cross thread them less easy with this J-like screw head. Torx are more suitable for harder materials like titanium or steel.
Thanks. =D>

ispano6

Albon just confirmed that it wasn't him on the radio when Max crossed the line at Abu Dhabi. A lot of people have said it was Alex, I have always thought it was GP.
Last edited by ispano6 on 11 Mar 2022, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

organic

AeroDynamic

Christian Horner like his colleague Marko, has backtracked from the initial hocus-pocus that was attributed to him by the credible source AMuS.

He now says the Mercedes is legal in his opinion.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/105986/r ... legal.html

HPD

Perez: "We are not working on fast laps yet. That will come on Saturday on the last test day. Then Max and I both have half a day. There will also be something new to see on the car."
https://nos.nl/artikel/2420729-eerste-t ... an-de-auto

Wouter

Yesterday: https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/ra ... 22/day-one

Head of Race Engineering Guillaume Rocquelin : “We had a good day today, in one day we did the amount of mileage we would usually carry out across an entire race weekend. That means being able to gauge the reliability of parts across the race weekend in one day and we are in a good place...................
Today: https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/ra ... 22/day-two

Day 2 of Formula One’s final pre-season test in Bahrain saw Max Verstappen take over from Sergio Perez at the wheel of the RB18. And though running was interrupted on a number of occasions by red flags elsewhere, the World Champion eventually made his way to second spot on the timesheet, using the C4 compound Pirelli tyre to set a best time of 1:34.011. The Dutchman also gave a demonstration of the overtaking potential of F1’s new cars during a brief and good-spirited on-track battle with rival Carlos Sainz.
And though the frequent stoppages left Max with a total of 86 laps, the Dutch driver was pleased with the progress made during the course of his day: “I think we did as good a job as we could today, it was very warm and there were quite a few red flags. It was quite a good day, all pretty standard and we put quite a good amount of laps on the car. We won’t really use these tyre compounds for the race so again, it’s not really representative. It was fun to have a little battle with Carlos, I think he was on a long run with more fuel and I was on a shorter run and once I caught him he started using DRS, I think he wanted to race as well. So far the car is pretty good but there are always areas to work on.”

Head of Race Engineering Guillaume Rocquelin added that even though the red flags hampered running, the Team had planned for a more punctuated session today as it delved deeper into optimisation options for the RB18: “It was more of a stop-start day today, mostly by design. We had a good continuous run yesterday, so today was more about exploring and testing different things. We spent more time in the garage making changes to the car and also taking more risks. We learned a lot and gathered a lot of information today. I’m quite happy with what we found out, we are progressing in different directions and it’s all very positive. We were reasonably competitive at the end without even trying.”
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Positive noises. I doubt any team is really trying that hard but it's a good sign.

Let's see how significant the updates are that they're bringing tomorrow

gandharva

LOL, Helmut's "poker face".

etusch

If I am wrong please correct me. We don't know fuel loads. By keeping this in mind , Verstappen overtook sainz without drs but sainz hardly overtake him or attacked him with drs. There is tyre difference and unknown fuel loads. Again, power wise good sign

jumpingfish

etusch wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 11:36
If I am wrong please correct me. We don't know fuel loads. By keeping this in mind , Verstappen overtook sainz without drs but sainz hardly overtake him or attacked him with drs. There is tyre difference and unknown fuel loads. Again, power wise good sign
"It was fun to have a little battle with Carlos," Verstappen beamed after the session ended.
"I think he was on a long run with more fuel and I was on a shorter run, and once I caught him he started using DRS – I think he wanted to race as well."

west52keep64

The RB18 looks very hooked up on this final day, I'd say they are almost certainly this years championship contenders. I think it could be an RB versus Ferrari year this year, Mercedes seem to have some fairly fundamental issues to resolve.

MtthsMlw

Interesting reaction from the garage there after Verstappen's fastest lap

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

I thought the garage reaction was weird too? Has there ever been cheers after a lap in testing? Is it just mind games or do they know something? Eg perhaps they could see from GPS that Ferrari was full-push on Leclercs lap, and they mopped the floor with his time? Idk but thought it was real strange for testing.

chrisc90

Maybe they know they have a pretty well sorted out car?

Big Tea

This car seems to be in a class of its own today, although a lot depends on what problems the others have to sort out and how well and how soon they crack it.
RB should use the early season to stack as many points as possible, which will need both cars at optimum scoring.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.