pneumatic oil circuit and engine cooling circuit diagram.

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
echedey

pneumatic oil circuit and engine cooling circuit diagram.

hello, would anyone have a diagram of how the cooling circuit of a f1 engine is piped, as well as the pneumatic circuit, lubrication oil and hydraulic circuit?

Rodak

Re: pneumatic oil circuit and engine cooling circuit diagram.

I don't think F1 cars use pneumatics except to charge the valve system and I believe that is passive. The only thing air driven I can recall was in the distant past some cars did feature an onboard pneumatic starter that was good for one restart.

echedey

I am referring to the diagram of the ducts and pipes of the engine block and cylinder head through which the lubricating oil circulates and the compressed air that fills the pneumatic valves and the ducts through which the antifreeze water circulates through the engine block and cylinder head.

saviour stivala

Formula one engines have no ‘pneumatic’ engine oil or engine coolant circuits.

saviour stivala

compressed air 'circuit' is only used for pneumatic engine valves system.

echedey

then how is the pneumatic circuit for the valves and how is the oil circuit that lubricates the engine these systems.

Rodak

Google is your friend; show some initiative.

Hoffman900

Rodak wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 01:08
This. He's been asking for us to design an engine for him for a year now. He should just buy and engine and copy that to start and learn why they did what they did.

saviour stivala

Hoffman900 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 02:16
Rodak wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 01:08
This. He's been asking for us to design an engine for him for a year now. He should just buy and engine and copy that to start and learn why they did what they did.

Can confirm that one will be just wasting his time with him. I know because I have personally tried to help him understand with his inquiry about (geometric angle of each cam of each cylinder) with zero success after trying three times.

coaster

A cbr1000rr engine with a failed oil pump (common) can be had for as little as 200 bucks.
Buy one, strip it carefully, measure and weigh parts, learn a cad package and model some parts or the whole thing.
Digital calipers from Aldi can be had for 20 bucks, vernier protractor from ebay for 30 bucks, thats all you need.
Its lazy just to expect others to put ideas into your head, many rich people do this to inventors and it saddens me to see it happen.

echedey

friend i am a f1 fan i am a mechanic i have never seen a formula 1 in my life, i learn from photos videos and what i read, when i have doubt and curiosity i ask and before i start my project i need to collect in formation, i the pneumatic valve system of a v10 or v8 engine of a f1 i have never seen it, i need to know how it is in detail i also need to know how is the circuit and lubrication system of the engine as also the cooling system once i know this i can start to make my project i am not engineer i am a fan.

coaster

Air springs had been around before F1 in press tool applications, these were high friction and high pressure.
Renault created a high performance version of air springs using low friction, medium pressure.
Brian G thread describes in fine detail the design features of this system, it is a finite lifespan, much less than coil springs which is the main reason no road vehicles employ the air spring.

Exploring the internals of a late 2000's motorcycle engine brings you very close to F1 design concepts, i recommend it.

echedey

ok I'll keep it in mind, how is the ferrari engine you designed already finished?

Rodak

There are some amazingly good analyses of F1 engine parts with LOTS of pictures on this site. Do a bit of searching.

coaster

The ferrari motor was a tracing of a bitmap, the fidelity of detail was not enough for producing parts.
A 2nd pass was needed which means a complete redraw, other things needed time in my life like getting married, moving to another city with cheaper housing, setting up the garage machine shop again.
I have a bunch of old F1 parts gathered from Ebay over the years and it really does just point to a hotted up version of sports motorcycle engine.
The answers are easy to find, imagine adding a giant cam profile, some titanium rods and a good set of forged pistons to a litre bike and the outcome will be pretty close to f1.