2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Ryar wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 10:17
diffuser wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 09:47
Ryar wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 04:51
My point is, Bricksworth loses more people. RB has been buying away some for their new Engine facility and if AM starts too, they would also go for it. Unless, Toto has a plan for a "pink engines". :)

As RB has just started, their engine employees are potentially locked for some time and might not be easy pluck.
What makes you think the RB guys are the best? What makes you think Merc let any of the best people go? Lot of aero people have been plucked from RBR over the years but they still seem to churn out great chassis. Truth is RB PU division may never build anything. RB may strike a deal with Audi in the next 3 years and RB PU propper may never build any PU for F1.
You are confusing things. Where did I say, RB guys are the best? How do you know it wasn't the best people that quit Merc? I am not even talking about RB's aero guys. Sometimes truth could be stranger than fiction. Just like you said RB may not build anything, it may so happen, RB or AM might end up buying the whole of Bricksworth! My bet on it is as big as yours.
Yeah, no idea what AM's PU plans are but I would agree that an AM F1 team with a Merc PU doesn't instill confidence in AM roadcar's ability to build PUs.I would think it gives them have a bigger need to build their own PU than RBR.

west52keep64

Ryar wrote:
As RB has just started, their engine employees are potentially locked for some time and might not be easy pluck.
Didn't we learn recently that there's no way to "lock" people in employment, that's called modern slavery. An employment contract may have a notice period, but it has to be reasonable and if it's not it won't be enforced in court i.e. there will probably be an agreement/settlement.

You're also speaking as if all people capable of building engines for F1 work for Mercedes, which is nonsense in reality.

AtlasZX

west52keep64 wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 18:58

Didn't we learn recently that there's no way to "lock" people in employment, that's called modern slavery. An employment contract may have a notice period, but it has to be reasonable and if it's not it won't be enforced in court i.e. there will probably be an agreement/settlement.

You're also speaking as if all people capable of building engines for F1 work for Mercedes, which is nonsense in reality.
I think it's more "U can't work for other F1 teams except us for the next X years, or U have to pay us" there are a lot of "don't do something" contracts in the world.
Years ago Renault F1 hired a FIA guy and he had to wait 1 year before being allowed to actually work at Renault's F1 team, ha was a Renault empolyee, but had to work away from F1.
Last edited by AtlasZX on 04 Mar 2022, 20:59, edited 3 times in total.

F1doc

First interview with new Team Principal, Mike Krack.

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... term_goals
Last edited by F1doc on 05 Mar 2022, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

NAPI10

F1doc wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 20:58
First interview with new Team Principle, Mike Krack.

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... term_goals
Looks like a 'Taskmaster' which AM desperate needs to achieve their dream.

Mchamilton

diffuser wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 15:11
Ryar wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 10:17
diffuser wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 09:47

What makes you think the RB guys are the best? What makes you think Merc let any of the best people go? Lot of aero people have been plucked from RBR over the years but they still seem to churn out great chassis. Truth is RB PU division may never build anything. RB may strike a deal with Audi in the next 3 years and RB PU propper may never build any PU for F1.
You are confusing things. Where did I say, RB guys are the best? How do you know it wasn't the best people that quit Merc? I am not even talking about RB's aero guys. Sometimes truth could be stranger than fiction. Just like you said RB may not build anything, it may so happen, RB or AM might end up buying the whole of Bricksworth! My bet on it is as big as yours.
Yeah, no idea what AM's PU plans are but I would agree that an AM F1 team with a Merc PU doesn't instill confidence in AM roadcar's ability to build PUs.I would think it gives them have a bigger need to build their own PU than RBR.
Aston martin use merc engines in most of their road car models anyway.

Ryar

west52keep64 wrote:
Ryar wrote:
You are regurgitating the same nonsense repeatedly. A contract with long gardening leave is permitted in UK employment laws and around the world and can be enforced in a court. Let me repeat, A settlement is NOT EQUAL to "Gardening leave is illegal and cannot lock". If a team has an option to barter, they use this opportunity, which is what they did with Fallows. There are so many instances within F1 where people served long gardening leaves before joining next employer. You are plain wrong if you think it does not stand in court. Period.
https://www.gov.uk/handing-in-your-noti ... 20benefits.

https://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/18696 ... edes-march
The news had been widely anticipated after Allison left his role at Ferrari last July and was put on a period of gardening leave. He was linked to a move back to Renault initially, where he had been technical director prior to his move to Ferrari, but in the end opted for a fresh start at Mercedes.
https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/formul ... ar-AAR5dWM
Aston Martin headhunts Mercedes F1 aero chief.

- Adam Cooper 24-11-2021

Blandin is still working at Brackley and is not expected to join his new team until October next year, after he has completed his gardening leave.

west52keep64 wrote:
You must be naive to not to first attempt to hire from the most successful engine maker of the current generation.
Hakuna Matata!

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 15:11
I thought Aston Martin road cars used either reengineered Ford/Mazda engines (i.e., a V12 made out of two Ford/Mazda V6s, and the Jaguar AJ V8 also based on the Mazda V6 albeit modified to 90 degrees I think) and now Mercedes engines?

Many options were considered, including a new small inline 6 design but the ideas evolved towards a family of V6, V8 and V12 to both replace the existing engines and to be ready for new smaller cars.
https://www.jaguarheritage.com/jaguar-h ... v8-engine/

gshevlin

When I read hints of Aston Martin setting up a PU operation, I read "F1 team hints that it wants to be the factory team for a new PU supplier from 2026".

NAPI10

I would rank AMR22 somewhere 5th or 6th fastest in terms of one-lap pace based on testing. My estimate
, they will be anywhere between ‘P9’ & ‘P13’ by end of Qualifying this weekend.
The team focused on race pace & reliability during testing; that’s what going to benefit them. Before the development race start, reliability will play a crucial factor to score big during initial races. I won’t be surprised if this car manages ‘P5’ or ‘P6’ by end of chequers flag; at least the next couple of races.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Mara Nello

Ohh sh#t... Get well soon Seb! That is a real pitty.

But also glad to see Nico back on the grid. Perfect back up!!

Jambier

Wow, Nico, the eternal come back man!

It has been a long time since he drove isn't it ? Hopefully he can have enough running time to discover those new F1

NathanOlder

Jambier wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 12:11
Wow, Nico, the eternal come back man!

It has been a long time since he drove isn't it ? Hopefully he can have enough running time to discover those new F1
Was only 16 months or so, so only a few months longer than the likes of Albon. And mising testing shouldnt be too huge these days, when the drivers only get 3 days of testing which works out at 24hrs. His talent will be enough, I hope and expect he has the measure of Stroll.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC