2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1doc

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Hard luck for Vettel. Hopefully he isn't suffering badly with COVID. It would have been a more interesting line up for AM if Hulk was standing in for Stroll.

the EDGE

I have a feeling he will not be the only driver missing races this year, Covid is far from over

Sevach

Hulk is finally in green lol.
Get better Seb.

Shrieker

I love how the Hulk is the go-to stand in driver in case something happens to one of the regulars, but also is often overlooked for (much) lesser drivers...

Gotta be the quirkiest of quirks in F1.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

NAPI10

What a start to AM campaign ): ):
One good thing out of this will be feedback from Hulk will be valuable for the team to improve upon. I won't expect much from him apart from finishing the race & collect data for the team.

AeroDynamic

Sevach

the EDGE wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 14:59
I have a feeling he will not be the only driver missing races this year, Covid is far from over
Asia has been hit hard by it recently, Hong Kong and China particularly, no new variants at the moment just Omicron making it's way there.

AeroDynamic

after reading the article briefly, its just as expected. He left because he couldn't stand being micromanaged by stroll. He likes to be his own boss and this was most evident during that Mercedes brake duct copy saga in 2020

Mchamilton

Sevach wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 16:00
the EDGE wrote:
Asia has been hit hard by it recently, Hong Kong and China particularly, no new variants at the moment just Omicron making it's way there.
Its the ba.2 sub variant of omicron, apparently more infectious than measles, which makes it the most infectious disease known. But its even less harmful than the 'original' omicron.

Sevach

Mchamilton wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 17:58
Sevach wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 16:00
the EDGE wrote:
Its the ba.2 sub variant of omicron, apparently more infectious than measles, which makes it the most infectious disease known. But its even less harmful than the 'original' omicron.
I just would like to say that it's difficult to accurately point out how hard Omicron hits in comparison to previous versions due to the world at large being vaccinated now.
In HK where older people didn't adhere quite so well vaccination the situation seems really bad currently.

Back to F1 now.

PlatinumZealot

I fear the team is going downhill if Stroll doesn't step back.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1doc

The little touches. It looks like the engineers are enjoying Hulk being back in the car.

NAPI10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 00:37
Blaming everything on Stroll doesn't make any sense. He has done his best to give financial stability & a bigger brand name to this team. Is he wrong in expecting better performance from them?

The team started downhill as soon as Otmar took over from Bob. Bob was running a tight ship.
Otmar's exit is the best thing to happen to this team; I wish Green should follow the suit. This is a cozy club from Jorden's days enjoying a low budget & low expectations environment.

Krack looks like a 'Task Master' and a no-nonsense kind of a guy. If Lawrence gives him full freedom; this team will rise to top.

PlatinumZealot

NAPI10 wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 18:49
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Blaming everything on Stroll doesn't make any sense. He has done his best to give financial stability & a bigger brand name to this team. Is he wrong in expecting better performance from them?

The team started downhill as soon as Otmar took over from Bob. Bob was running a tight ship.
Otmar's exit is the best thing to happen to this team; I wish Green should follow the suit. This is a cozy club from Jorden's days enjoying a low budget & low expectations environment.

Krack looks like a 'Task Master' and a no-nonsense kind of a guy. If Lawrence gives him full freedom; this team will rise to top.
Financial resources and firm demands are all great, but at the end of the day if Stroll doesn't give the team space to breathe he will never get the best out if them. He strikes me as the typical micromanaging boss that knows little about what he's trying to manage. I have been there before. Millionaire CEO who ignored company structure and was jumping into departments and demanding things from workers and just making a mess overall. It didn't work well because it duplicated our work and bred confusion.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NAPI10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 19:03
NAPI10 wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 18:49
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Financial resources and firm demands are all great, but at the end of the day if Stroll doesn't give the team space to breathe he will never get the best out if them. He strikes me as the typical micromanaging boss that knows little about what he's trying to manage. I have been there before. Millionaire CEO who ignored company structure and was jumping into departments and demanding things from workers and just making a mess overall. It didn't work well because it duplicated our work and bred confusion.
There is a 'Culture Clash' for sure...none of the Stroll's predecessors (including Vijay) were as demanding & expecting the team to perform at Championship level.
One team(Non-Manufacturing) which can be compared here is 'Redbull'.Dietrich is as ruthless as Stroll and that's the culture of that team...he accumulated people with a similar mentality in the Redbull team.
Stroll needs to do the same & find similar kinds of people to implement his ambitions. He is not the person who is going to tone down.