[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
yinlad

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

does anyone have the mandatory parts and regulation box files from 2020 knocking about still? The website links don't work anymore :( I want to get my CAD muscles working again so having something to work on is better than waiting for the rules for this year to maybe drop at some point
MVRC - Panthera

Ft5fTL

yinlad wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 23:16
does anyone have the mandatory parts and regulation box files from 2020 knocking about still? The website links don't work anymore :( I want to get my CAD muscles working again so having something to work on is better than waiting for the rules for this year to maybe drop at some point
Apart from the FreeCAD guide file, links works on my side.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

TalnoRacing

Hoping tomorrow will be "the" Monday....

yinlad

TalnoRacing wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 15:42
Hoping tomorrow will be "the" Monday....
It's becoming a bit of a meme isn't it.

But in all seriousness if anyone is able to contact LVDH (through the forums doesn't seem to work in his months long absent periods between posts) I'm sure there's plenty of people to help him get stuff finished. At this point it's been over 12 months since we were supposed to start a season with this ruleset and they still aren't ready :(
MVRC - Panthera

Ft5fTL

I hope these can bring back the much needed attention to this championship.

This one got more downforce with just 2 iterations than my last entry. It's safe to say that if we ever get a new season, our front runners will go nuts with the new floor.

Alonso Fan

Ft5fTL wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 02:12

https://imgur.com/vt9YsXs.png
https://i.imgur.com/9GxV9Pb.png
https://i.imgur.com/dyEzEFV.png
https://i.imgur.com/cnxO5P7.png

This one got more downforce with just 2 iterations than my last entry. It's safe to say that if we ever get a new season, our front runners will go nuts with the new floor.
Looking really nice! What post processing software are you using?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Ft5fTL

Paraview as usual :D

CAEdevice

Ft5fTL wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 02:12

https://imgur.com/vt9YsXs.png
https://i.imgur.com/9GxV9Pb.png
https://i.imgur.com/dyEzEFV.png
https://i.imgur.com/cnxO5P7.png

Fantastic work, the graphics are super too! It would make a perfect poster for MVRC2022!

variante

Beautiful! I hope you're NOT learning too much from it :lol:

If the new season doesn't start soon enough, F1 teams will have tested all possible ideas already...

Stu

variante wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:19
Beautiful! I hope you're NOT learning too much from it :lol:

If the new season doesn't start soon enough, F1 teams will have tested all possible ideas already...
Not yet, I’ve got a couple of things that I’d like to try….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

etsmc

Any updates on the new challenge?
Don't know about the others but I would be happy to go with the last set of rules and reg boxes and just try creating new cars on those again.

samprince053

I think someone posted them earlier in this thread, but it would be good to give it a go again even on old regs, seems we will never get the new regs sadly :( Hope someone is willing to run the competition even on old regs or in a different format some time soon!

Koldskaal

Hi guys
I just talked to LVDH and I am happy to announce that I will be joining the MVRC-team as a "contributor". Meaning I will take care of many of the important, but not so interesting tasks like, writing articles for the website and such.

I will also help with ironing out the rules and doing some of the necessary CAD work in that regard. I hope to do all of this and still stay a competitor. In this case, considering we’ve all had a few years to look at the “long” version of the coming rules, I don’t consider it to be too problematic. But I am open to hearing what you guys think.
I will not have access to any of submitted parts, nor have any influence on the CFD.

I am joining the team, because I offered my help, and send a script to LVDH that I wrote to automate much of the scrutineering work. The idea is use this script for scutineering, and to keep it open source. So that anyone can check their cars, and be confident that it complies with the rules.

In any case, things are progressing. The intention is very much to get the competition up and running as soon as possible. Anyway, this was a lot of boring text. Here are some pictures of my test mule, from my depressingly named “MVRC-2021 preseason”-folder. It is based on how I thought the MVRC-rules might turn out. This specific car will be 1 year old in 7 days.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

variante

Very good news. I think it's important to cure better the "facade" by writing articles and such.

Worrying that you started developing the car a full year ago! :shock:

Koldskaal wrote:
03 May 2022, 21:50
The intention is very much to get the competition up and running as soon as possible.
Is that a matter of weeks or months?
I know that it's not wise to give dates at this point, but...

Koldskaal

variante wrote:
11 May 2022, 23:32
Worrying that you started developing the car a full year ago!
Maybe I should clarify: What you are seeing is as far as I got :lol: I only got to 20 simulations before I lost interest without the competition. I saw a familiar name on reddit claiming to have performed 150 simulations on a 2022 car.

About when the season starts: Right now we are planning the first 2 races before the F1 summer break. Remember; nothing is set in stone yet, but things are progressing as expected.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian