2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

etusch wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 15:37
I was sure he come back after 2020 crash. But after cross bike crash last year I lost confidence on him. And now I think it is a finish.
I am sure Honda will start to think in this way soon and start to looking a new talent, if they are not thinking in this way already. ( This years' bike suits PE riding style more so maybe Honda are in the approach of "MM retirement is close" long ago from now)
I'm thinking the same too!

But some sources say that they offered Mir an LCR seat...why would you offer Mir (a champion) a satellite seat?? At least move Espargaro there! Though I never was too keen on Mir...

I would love to see Martin or Acosta if he manages to keep up his pace in Moto2 this year! Other than that Quatararo seems a nice fit for Yamaha so I don't see him coming to Honda any time soon!

Any other guesses??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Andres125sx

Puig wrote: "You must listen to the riders and if you have riders that have been world champions, multiple times, you can assume that these riders are guys who know what they are talking about.
So true, not only for Michelin, also for some fans who think they know better than him how to test the limits :roll:

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 23:14

I'm thinking the same too!

But some sources say that they offered Mir an LCR seat...why would you offer Mir (a champion) a satellite seat?? At least move Espargaro there! Though I never was too keen on Mir...

I would love to see Martin or Acosta if he manages to keep up his pace in Moto2 this year! Other than that Quatararo seems a nice fit for Yamaha so I don't see him coming to Honda any time soon!

Any other guesses??
I also think that Mir is not that good. I don't follow moto2 but I would try to find a new guy from there istead of current motogp. As you said only Quartararo can fit Honda's demand. If Yamaha's season goes bad, he can think to go honda.

Maybe MM force himself so much because he feels Honda looking for another star for their bike.

xaero
xaero

Andres125sx wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 08:03
etusch wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 08:24
Maybe MM force himself so much because he feels Honda looking for another star for their bike.

https://c.tenor.com/mx9fNn1S4PwAAAAC/spit-take.gif
No one on current grid is even 80% of what Marc is despite of all setbacks :lol:
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

etusch

xaero wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 09:22

No one on current grid is even 80% of what Marc is despite of all setbacks :lol:
If that glass is clever than the drinker

Make that math for comming race and write the ratio again.

xaero
xaero

etusch wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 10:55
xaero wrote:

Coming race he might not be there, but once he will be back we will see :wink:
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 08:03
etusch wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 08:24

https://c.tenor.com/mx9fNn1S4PwAAAAC/spit-take.gif
:lol: I also laughed there...

People think that guys like Quatararo, Bagnaia and Mir can keep up with Marc over a season just because they beat him in some races! Well look where all of them were at Qatar for example! These guys cannot be consistent enough to keep up a title fight against Marc Marquez!

Even Lorenzo and Rossi on a Yamaha couldn't beat Marc back in 2016 even though they had more wins than him! The only reason we see so many different riders winning right now is because Marc has been missing for 2 years! :wink:

etusch

xaero wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 11:38
etusch wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 10:55
xaero wrote:

Coming race he might not be there, but once he will be back we will see :wink:
You guys working very hard for not understand. I am a MM fan. I know he was very good but he has some wrong approachs and because of them we can not see him racing and when we see he is not what he was.
Coming race he will not be there. So ? I have same chance to win that race with MM. Because we both will not race that race. And it is just because he tried hard at warm up. He tried to go as fast as tests while there were not same tyre which not helping the bike.
I don't say more than this. I am sure you are lying yourself too about how wrong you are.

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 13:36
He tried to go as fast as tests
Did you see his telemetry? You´re doing a bold assumption, then affirm a 6 times WDC did a rookie mistake trying to go faster than possible :roll:

What do you think is more plausible? The rider with more titles than the rest of grid togheter made a rookie mistake? Or you´re doing some wrong assumption?

He crashed because racing is about trying to be faster than your rivals, and he always try. Don´t blame a rider because of that, and stop assuming he doesn´t know how to ride a bike with new tires please

If you race, you crash, that´s all

etusch

Cuky

First pole position for Aprilia in MotoGP era. Aleix rode a brilliant qualifying.

Jack Miller has received 3-place grid penalty after qualifying for impeding Quartararo in Q2

etusch

I only could watch fp1 and expect pole from AE. He always perform very well. But when I saw MV also there that means bike works here.
Maybe Honda should go for Alex E instead of Alex M

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

A tremendous win for Aleix Espargaro and Aprilia.
Braking seemed to be their only weakness.

Hondas are dangerous and have been in recent years.

Andres125sx

I´m glad for Aleix, he´s worked very hard on many MotoGP bikes and deserved a victory, congratulations! =D> =D> =D>

AMG.Tzan

Marc ready to come back in Austin apparently... :o

https://www.instagram.com/stories/marcm ... 133994539/