All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
izzy

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

KeiKo403 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 17:24
I used to have respect for Domenicali and thought F1 was in good hands when he took over. These answers though...
lol yes, it was quite likely Stefano himself who had a quick word with Michael about unlapping! Super political answering with generalities. And Martin Brundle acting righteous but he's been putting out this fakery about MM doing it to have a racing lap as well. And it's pretty obvious any journo who wants to hang on to his precious accreditation has to stay on message and blank the fact MM had no reason of his own to suddenly change his mind.

But Stefano has said his job is to make money for Liberty I think? So yes, a sweet smile, but :evil:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wogx

F1 wants to continue with Zandvoort, but Spa-Francorchamps and Paul Ricard probably will fall out of the calendar. Spa's chances are slim, but have recently increased with the cancellation of the Russian GP. The Vegas race is expected to be announced soon
That's a joke, if true.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

axle

Spa is just completing a revamp. Whilst it was aimed at bringing back EWC (Endurance Motorcycle Racing) it will have improved safety for Cars too.

Cannot see them spending the money without some pre-agreement to an extension of contract in place...
- Axle

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Just_a_fan

I sincerely hope that they're not going to drop Spa for a Vegas race. I like the COTA track and will obviously be interested to see how Miami plays out, although I have my doubts about a track laid out in a car park. Not sure that a race in Vegas brings much to the calendar, especially if it's a "car park circuit".
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

mclaren111

Spending my TV license fees on making each other rich... :evil: :evil:

Big Tea

Not sure where to but this, but here it is
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Drivers' union GPDA, on behalf of all drivers, has complained to the FIA and F1 management about the new setup this season.
Thursdays have been officially cancelled, but for the time being drivers are still working on all kinds of obligations that day.

Drivers' union GPDA has sent a letter expressing dissatisfaction with the new format. The teams will also discuss this in Imola this weekend.

Thursdays have been officially canceled this year, to give teams some more air in view of the record number of 23 Grand Prixs. In reality, however, little has changed. Drivers still complete numerous interviews and PR obligations on Thursdays.

On Friday mornings, the official, public press conferences start early in the day; at Imola at 10 a.m. The first training then takes place at half past two, followed by the qualification for the sprint race at 5 pm.

https://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1 ... 5364599813
The Power of Dreams!

Stu

I really feel very sorry that there are ‘less enjoyable’ parts of their work.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

Stu wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 07:57
I really feel very sorry that there are ‘less enjoyable’ parts of their work.
I understand your comment :-), but the point is that because of the many races they pushed everything to Friday so that they could keep Thursday free. The Thursday activities would move to Friday, the entire Friday schedule has been changed. However, it now appears that everyone just has to be present on Thursday, which was also the case in Melbourne, also for the talks and photos with the fans. They should have left everything as it was, because this doesn't change anything.
The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

I'm not being funny, but they get paid a lot of money and have a job many dream of.

As someone who works long shifts, often 50+ hours a week, has a high stress job and gets paid A LOT less than an F1 driver, I have no sympathy for the drivers.

They need to come try a real job and then realise how good they actually have it!!

Now if the conversation was about the hours the mechanics have to put in, that would be a different matter!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 12:13
I'm not being funny, but they get paid a lot of money and have a job many dream of.

As someone who works long shifts, often 50+ hours a week, has a high stress job and gets paid A LOT less than an F1 driver, I have no sympathy for the drivers.

They need to come try a real job and then realise how good they actually have it!!

Now if the conversation was about the hours the mechanics have to put in, that would be a different matter!!
Part of the conversation also concerned the working hours of the mechanics. They were also promised to be able to start everything much later, so arriving later at the circuit, but they now also have to work on the usual days and that is not according to agreement. That's what it's about: Promising something and then not keeping it. Then don't promise!
The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

Fair enough, but that's not how it came across in the press conference. It seemed like drivers moaning about having PR commitments.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

#-o #-o #-o

Brawn targets six F1 sprint races in 2023

Formula 1 managing director Ross Brawn wants to revisit the plan to run six sprint events in 2023,
which will be discussed with the teams next week.

By:
Adam Cooper

Brawn originally wanted to hold six events this season, but after a debate with the teams about the potential cost of damage within the constraints of the budget cap it was agreed to stick with three sprints, as was the case last year.

However sprints are one of the items on the agenda of Tuesday’s meeting of the F1 Commission, where an increase to six sprint race events for next year will be discussed once more.

Brawn is hopeful he can convince the teams to agree with the plan.

“On Tuesday we want to discuss increasing it to six, so we'd like to have six races next year,” said Brawn.

“I think [the teams] can see the success and I think we didn't know quite where we were last year with the old cars, but I think they can see the way this is feeding into the new cars, and the philosophy of the new cars.

“So I'm optimistic that they'll all see the value in it and what we're giving the fans. :shock: #-o
I think the thing you should always remember about the sprint is it gives you a great Friday as well.
We have qualifying on Friday, three days of action for the fans, so we can't ignore that.”
Did he ever asked the fans??? It's all about the money.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/brawn ... /10153540/
The Power of Dreams!