Posterity Engines

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Zynerji

Posterity Engines

I'm thinking with the cost cap in place, some teams might do a bit more "road show" type promo events with their excess staff.

Then I was thinking, since lots of teams use v8 cars for these demos, why not encourage a 2022 update for these old designs?

Each manufacturer could do a modern tech Head/ignition/DI/exhaust update for their v8, and send them on the road as a "Technical Display" instead of just a loud party atmosphere... Better yet, the teams could travel together, and have a chassis dyno set up in front of the crowd.

I think it could be a thing!

Thoughts? 🤔

coaster

Re: Posterity Engines

Oh yes, and sadly no.
Racing used to be about pure horsepower, grid girls in bikinis, tobacco and alchohol advertising.
It was the devils playground and god how I loved it.
F1 only comes to my country on paytv, i dont have paytv and have no inclination to get it while these 720kg whales with all their electronic junk weighing them down, grid kids and frozen engines allowing an unfair ego parade without any comeback allowed by way of development.
To hell with F1.