F1TV Discounts out yet - 2022?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
klicic

Re: F1TV Discounts out yet - 2022?

Thank you for sharing
Would I need VPN for watching outside of Turkey?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

kptaylor

They have a 20% off deal now, but if you're a current subscriber you would need to use a different email address to get the discount as it's for new subscribers only.

angel_gabe

Indeed I can confirm that the discounts are out. For another couple of days. In Turkey you get to pay around 279 TRY ( barely 17 €)
@klicic if you live in a country were f1 pro is supported, non u don’t need vpn.
But in order to take the discount you need to create a brand new account

Cuky

As far as I can see discounts are no longer available. But since today 7-day free trial is available, though Instagram story adds a not stating that it is available only in selected territories.

I am in Croatia and I had subscription for F1TV previously and I was able to get that 7 day free trial for my account

Jolle

lyira wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 13:56
Jolle wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 20:47
Cuky wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 19:58
The thing is, I'm on Android TV (Sony Bravia to be exact). For now my workaround is to have my PC connected to one of HDMI ports, so I just move my browser window to that screen and watch it that way. Not perfect, but works for now
Got a SONY Bravia as well, but because I use Apple stuff heavily, I also have an Apple TV hooked up :D (I actually never use any of the Sony's smart stuff)
Okay bro you just flex it up, :( :( :( :(, i watch all race on my almost dead pc with lg old monitor(which my dad Brought from his old office)..... If you are not using Bravia, plz do its give away :P
It’s 10 years old, no F1TV app for that

Cuky

Ok I am now a bit confused. F1TV app is still not available through Google Play on my Bravia TV and when I try to install it using phone or PC it lists it as unavailable for my TV. Then I had an idea to try downloading .apk file of F1TV app and installing it manually on my TV. So I downloaded the latest version of F1TV app from apkmirror, saved it on a USB drive, opened it on my TV using a File Explorer app, installed it and it runs normally. Opens up, logs in with my account and plays everything just fine.

So the confusing part is: if the app really works fine on smart TV why on earth are they making us go through all those hoops when they could just make it available like it is on android phones.