2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
sosic2121
sosic2121
13
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

rscsr wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:16 pm
sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 am
silver wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:55 am
It's always a package that wins. Most successful riders have had their fair share of regrettable moments. But without them, they wouldn't have won anything. Marquez had one really bad moment out of, what became a natural scene of him, many crashes. Until that point, he failed to win just one season and that was due to an extremely uncompetitive bike. Well, he did manage to dictate to eventual winner. A bad moment like that of his crash in 2020, could have happened to any rider at any point in their career, but it's amazing that he won so many before that unfortunate moment arrived. I don't think he would have won anything if not for everything that he is. I don't consider him to reckless or overtly aggressive. He was just mesmerizingly quick and he won with bikes that so many talented riders, including another multiple world champion failed to master. That would be his legacy.
No it could not, that's the point. I think you should rewatch that race. What was he trying to achieve there!?
That is an error that happens very often. Even on the Moto3 bikes it happens. Especially there it seems that the traction control just gave it all. At least I remember Cal Crutchlow saying something with that gist.
After couple of laps he was leading and was the fastest. He continued to push super hard for no good reason and lost the bike, some how he saved it but lost many places. Then he started to push even more, and with 5 laps to go he was P3 behind Vinales. Quartararo had a 5s lead so there was no chance he would catch him. P2 was his maximum and he had 5 laps to do it and was faster than Vinales. "Normal person" would be happy with this situation after throwing away easy win with lap4 mistake. Even commentators started to speculate about his tires at that stage.
But it looked like Marc was still trying to win...

User avatar
Andres125sx
160
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

xaero wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:43 am
sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am
xaero wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:41 am

Any form of motor racing is inherently risky and everyone involved also understands it. Do you really think it is only Mark who is pushing? IMO, this is really insensitive statement. :(
He's reckless, his overtaking can sometimes be discribed as dangerous,
I don't buy this argument. How many times he has put anyone else in danger (obviously there will be few racing incidents but then who has none?)? These arguments are mostly used by bitter Rossi fans just to degrade Mark.
Indeed. The ironic part of that is those false arguments were thrown by someone who has done the dirtiest maneouver I´ve ever seen in any form of motorsport in last 30 years... but people buy it #-o

I was a Rossi fan, I still have a VHS tape around here with his very first race in 125cc. I had always admired his competitivness and that italian dna wich makes them push the fights to the limit of rules, but without crossing the line.... or almost. When he pushed Gibernau out of track on last corner of last lap in Jerez (it was Jerez?) it´s a good example.

But kicking someone is just too dirty, I can´t justify that in any way or form, so from that point Rossi was no longer one of my favourites.

If Rossi kicks someone that´s fine, but if any other rider push so much he risks his own health, that´s bad #-o :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Andres125sx
160
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and IMO Marc is crossing it waaay to often.
Marc is incredibly fast driver, but other than that it's hard to find something positive to say about him(as a driver). He's reckless, his overtaking can sometimes be discribed as dangerous, he fails to learn from his own mistakes and he is not able to play a long game and often taking unnecessary risks like in a race when he br his arm.
IMO his aggressiveness won him some races but also lost him 2-3 season...
That red part is comical when in same post you say yourserlf (blue) a 6 times WDC could have even won 2-3 more titles. So you think he could have won 8-9 titles in MotoGP but still find it hard to find something positive about him? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anycase that blue part shows your bias. His aggressiveness won him some races.... some races? He won every title since he made his debut in MotoGP if not injured, he broke all records and won a huge percentage of races to the point MotoGP was becoming boring because of his domination... but you say that aggressiveness won him some races...

His aggressiveness won him 6 titles and 56 victories in MotoGP when he was only 25 years old, your bias is not doing you any favour :wink:

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
51
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Wet FP1 on now in Portimao, Marc Marquez very quick

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

johnny comelately wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:05 am
Wet FP1 on now in Portimao, Marc Marquez very quick
Can we say that this bike is good with wet tyres or at wet conditions?

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
51
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

etusch wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:14 am
johnny comelately wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:05 am
Wet FP1 on now in Portimao, Marc Marquez very quick
Can we say that this bike is good with wet tyres or at wet conditions?
The bike and Marc's riding looked quick and stable, finished with a 1:50.666
His practice start looked perfect.
All early days though

sosic2121
sosic2121
13
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Andres125sx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:09 am
sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and IMO Marc is crossing it waaay to often.
Marc is incredibly fast driver, but other than that it's hard to find something positive to say about him(as a driver). He's reckless, his overtaking can sometimes be discribed as dangerous, he fails to learn from his own mistakes and he is not able to play a long game and often taking unnecessary risks like in a race when he br his arm.
IMO his aggressiveness won him some races but also lost him 2-3 season...
That red part is comical when in same post you say yourserlf (blue) a 6 times WDC could have even won 2-3 more titles. So you think he could have won 8-9 titles in MotoGP but still find it hard to find something positive about him? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anycase that blue part shows your bias. His aggressiveness won him some races.... some races? He won every title since he made his debut in MotoGP if not injured, he broke all records and won a huge percentage of races to the point MotoGP was becoming boring because of his domination... but you say that aggressiveness won him some races...

His aggressiveness won him 6 titles and 56 victories in MotoGP when he was only 25 years old, your bias is not doing you any favour :wink:
Imagine what he could have won if he used his brain from time to time. Now, he's pretty much finished. Great champion knows when to fight and when to play percentage game.

silver
silver
5
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:50 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

sosic2121 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:05 pm
Andres125sx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:09 am
sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and IMO Marc is crossing it waaay to often.
Marc is incredibly fast driver, but other than that it's hard to find something positive to say about him(as a driver). He's reckless, his overtaking can sometimes be discribed as dangerous, he fails to learn from his own mistakes and he is not able to play a long game and often taking unnecessary risks like in a race when he br his arm.
IMO his aggressiveness won him some races but also lost him 2-3 season...
That red part is comical when in same post you say yourserlf (blue) a 6 times WDC could have even won 2-3 more titles. So you think he could have won 8-9 titles in MotoGP but still find it hard to find something positive about him? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anycase that blue part shows your bias. His aggressiveness won him some races.... some races? He won every title since he made his debut in MotoGP if not injured, he broke all records and won a huge percentage of races to the point MotoGP was becoming boring because of his domination... but you say that aggressiveness won him some races...

His aggressiveness won him 6 titles and 56 victories in MotoGP when he was only 25 years old, your bias is not doing you any favour :wink:
Imagine what he could have won if he used his brain from time to time. Now, he's pretty much finished. Great champion knows when to fight and when to play percentage game.
I would like to imagine he would be selling burgers at McDonald's if he would have listened to his critics.

Saykas
Saykas
16
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Incredible photo of Nakagami using the rear ride height device out of the final corner in Portugal.
Photo by Cormac Ryan-Meenan @CormacGP.
Image

User avatar
Andres125sx
160
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

sosic2121 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:05 pm
Andres125sx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:09 am
sosic2121 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and IMO Marc is crossing it waaay to often.
Marc is incredibly fast driver, but other than that it's hard to find something positive to say about him(as a driver). He's reckless, his overtaking can sometimes be discribed as dangerous, he fails to learn from his own mistakes and he is not able to play a long game and often taking unnecessary risks like in a race when he br his arm.
IMO his aggressiveness won him some races but also lost him 2-3 season...
That red part is comical when in same post you say yourserlf (blue) a 6 times WDC could have even won 2-3 more titles. So you think he could have won 8-9 titles in MotoGP but still find it hard to find something positive about him? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anycase that blue part shows your bias. His aggressiveness won him some races.... some races? He won every title since he made his debut in MotoGP if not injured, he broke all records and won a huge percentage of races to the point MotoGP was becoming boring because of his domination... but you say that aggressiveness won him some races...

His aggressiveness won him 6 titles and 56 victories in MotoGP when he was only 25 years old, your bias is not doing you any favour :wink:
Imagine what he could have won if he used his brain from time to time. Now, he's pretty much finished. Great champion knows when to fight and when to play percentage game.
I´m glad to see you admire Marquez so much you think he could have won even more titles and races! =D> :mrgreen:

His current track record is much better than the rest of the grid toghether, so I think you´re probably too kind on him. Actually only two riders in MotoGP/500cc history won more titles than Marquez (Agostini and Rossi), so IMHO Marquez did the best he was able to. I don´t think he´s so good he could have beaten Rossi when he´s still 29 years old, so IMO you´re overstimating Marquez.

But I don´t want to put down a MM fanboy :lol:

xaero
xaero
0
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Andres125sx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:55 am
But I don´t want to put down a MM fanboy :lol:
:lol: :lol:
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
51
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Qualifying 2022 Portimao was a rough event, was this avoidable?
Pressures comes from TV rights holders and from that Dorna, FIM, sponsors etc.
Personally I believe it would be prudent to have waited for a fully dry track.
Racers being what they are will always have a go, which can be either noble or foolhardy.
The modern physics of speed are very different to what is usually imagined. Watching it on TV doesnt convey it enough by any stretch of the imagination.
Either way the pressures are acting out of proportion, they should not have that much sway.
The result is avoidable harm. From all those crashes, mostly violent highsides, we could have had many broken bodies and possibly permanent diplopia for Marc Marquez.
I'm hoping no one says racing is dangerous or they should race in whatever conditions or thats why they get paid the big bucks, it doesnt have to be that way in order to have good racing.
I felt every crash there and I hope people fully understand the degree of pain and violence.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
51
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Using Bautista as the ticket to get into this thread, the WSBK Assen meeting on this weekend has provided first class racing between Alvaro Bautista (Ducarti), Johnathon Rea (Kawasaki) and Toprak Razgatliougi (spelt from memory :wink: )(Yamaha)
I looked to the horizon and couldnt see any other competitors, strange :wink:
Catch it if you can - race 1 race 2 and superpole race.
Bautista was a whiz in MotoGp and seemed to learn his craft from following other top riders much to their annoyance.
When he lost his ride he went to WSBK and promptly won about 19 races in one season on a Duke then went to Honda and was in the shadows for 2 years, now back on a Duke and battling at the front again!
Johnathon Rea was one of MotoGP's losses for not having him except for one or two races for Honda ?? where he acquitted himself admirably.

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

johnny comelately wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 am
Using Bautista as the ticket to get into this thread, the WSBK Assen meeting on this weekend has provided first class racing between Alvaro Bautista (Ducarti), Johnathon Rea (Kawasaki) and Toprak Razgatliougi (spelt from memory :wink: )(Yamaha)
I looked to the horizon and couldnt see any other competitors, strange :wink:
Catch it if you can - race 1 race 2 and superpole race.
Bautista was a whiz in MotoGp and seemed to learn his craft from following other top riders much to their annoyance.
When he lost his ride he went to WSBK and promptly won about 19 races in one season on a Duke then went to Honda and was in the shadows for 2 years, now back on a Duke and battling at the front again!
Johnathon Rea was one of MotoGP's losses for not having him except for one or two races for Honda ?? where he acquitted himself admirably.
Haha very close. Toprak Razgatlıoğlu.
Toprak = Sand
I don't know what is Razgat but if we assume Razgat as name of a city, a village or something like that, with "lı" suffix Razgatlı means a man who born in that city. Oğlu= son. Razgatlıoğlu means son of a man who born in Razgat.
You are welcome. 😁

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
51
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

:)
etusch wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:36 pm
johnny comelately wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 am
Using Bautista as the ticket to get into this thread, the WSBK Assen meeting on this weekend has provided first class racing between Alvaro Bautista (Ducarti), Johnathon Rea (Kawasaki) and Toprak Razgatliougi (spelt from memory :wink: )(Yamaha)
I looked to the horizon and couldnt see any other competitors, strange :wink:
Catch it if you can - race 1 race 2 and superpole race.
Bautista was a whiz in MotoGp and seemed to learn his craft from following other top riders much to their annoyance.
When he lost his ride he went to WSBK and promptly won about 19 races in one season on a Duke then went to Honda and was in the shadows for 2 years, now back on a Duke and battling at the front again!
Johnathon Rea was one of MotoGP's losses for not having him except for one or two races for Honda ?? where he acquitted himself admirably.
Haha very close. Toprak Razgatlıoğlu.
Toprak = Sand
I don't know what is Razgat but if we assume Razgat as name of a city, a village or something like that, with "lı" suffix Razgatlı means a man who born in that city. Oğlu= son. Razgatlıoğlu means son of a man who born in Razgat.
You are welcome. 😁
:)