All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Wouter wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 20:25
#-o #-o #-o

Brawn targets six F1 sprint races in 2023

Formula 1 managing director Ross Brawn wants to revisit the plan to run six sprint events in 2023,
which will be discussed with the teams next week.

By:
Adam Cooper

Brawn originally wanted to hold six events this season, but after a debate with the teams about the potential cost of damage within the constraints of the budget cap it was agreed to stick with three sprints, as was the case last year.

However sprints are one of the items on the agenda of Tuesday’s meeting of the F1 Commission, where an increase to six sprint race events for next year will be discussed once more.

Brawn is hopeful he can convince the teams to agree with the plan.

“On Tuesday we want to discuss increasing it to six, so we'd like to have six races next year,” said Brawn.

“I think [the teams] can see the success and I think we didn't know quite where we were last year with the old cars, but I think they can see the way this is feeding into the new cars, and the philosophy of the new cars.

“So I'm optimistic that they'll all see the value in it and what we're giving the fans. :shock: #-o
I think the thing you should always remember about the sprint is it gives you a great Friday as well.
We have qualifying on Friday, three days of action for the fans, so we can't ignore that.”
Did he ever asked the fans??? It's all about the money.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/brawn ... /10153540/
Oh I hope not, they are a real waste of time.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Can someone tell exactly what Albert Fabrega is saying? He replied to someone on Twitter that one of the teams is blue.

I can only say, within the confidentiality I must maintain, that the color of one of the teams involved is blue.
ElReyGuiri on Twitter: "ATTENTION to the BOMB that releases @AlbertFabrega in his live broadcast."

"The market is already moving. Things are moving but I can't say because they told me not to say anything."

"The one that leaves doesn't surprise me, the one that arrives does. [...] Well, it's a change of drivers between teams."

The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Sounds to me like Albon Occon or Alonso is going some whwere?
How true though?

Edit, unless money is involved and a 'second driver' is needed

chrisc90

I SERIOUSLY cant see Red Bull being involved in that. When Checo is on the performance level he is at the moment, it would be ludicrous to bring someone in to replace him.

Sieper

It’s not Checo, no way.

Gasly Vettel swap?

Ricciardo - ….. swap?

Big Tea

Sieper wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 22:50
It’s not Checo, no way.

Gasly Vettel swap?

Ricciardo - ….. swap?
Neither of these are blue though?
Albon to Mclaren would defiantly be worth considering, It may even get him onto the Merc reserve list, and I would not be surprised to Dan move to pastures anew next year.

vorticism

i defer to above and below posts
Last edited by vorticism on 26 Apr 2022, 00:01, edited 3 times in total.
𓄀

organic

Could easily be latifi losing his spot and Williams moving to fill their second seat, no?

Big Tea

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 23:17
Could easily be latifi losing his spot and Williams moving to fill their second seat, no?
Latifi losing his seat would mean someone bringing money in.
Logan Sargeant is 'signed up' with Williams, does he have enough points?

Sieper

Latifi and Stroll are both paying to keep these teams moving. No way they will be ousted.

organic

Sieper wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 01:18
Latifi and Stroll are both paying to keep these teams moving. No way they will be ousted.
How much does latifi bring? He's already cost them a few million in crashes

Sieper

20-30 million I read somewhere. No idea. But it must be significant if you catch my drift.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Wouter

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-p ... /10242520/

Formula 1’s plans to increase the number of sprint races to six in 2023 hit a roadblock on Tuesday when the FIA blocked the vote going through, sources have revealed.

Following a meeting of the F1 Commission in London, plans by F1 owner Liberty Media to increase the number of sprint events met little resistance from teams.

But, when the matter came down to getting the majority support it needed, the unanimous backing from the competitors and FOM was not enough to push the matter through as the FIA did not support the plan in its current guise.

For the sprint expansion to get put in to regulations for 2023, it needed what is known as a ‘super majority’ of 26 votes from the 30 on offer between the teams (10), the FIA (10) and FOM (10).

With only the teams and F1 in agreement, the FIA’s resistance meant the proposal failed for now.

Sources have indicated that FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem, who chaired the meeting, told participants that he was only willing to go ahead with having more sprints if a financial contribution was made to the governing body.

While his stance prompted some anger within the room – with one source suggesting it was motivated by ‘greed’ – the FIA did later agree that it would investigate exactly what impact the extra sprints have on its personnel before reconsidering the matter.

In a statement issued by the FIA after the meeting, the governing body said: “With the first of three sprint events of the 2022 season popular with fans and stakeholders last weekend at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Formula 1 and the teams were supportive of an extension to six sprint events for the 2023 season, running with the same format as in 2022.

“While supporting the principle of an increased number of sprint events, the FIA is still evaluating the impact of this proposal on its trackside operations and personnel, and will provide its feedback to the Commission.”
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 21:36
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-p ... /10242520/

Formula 1’s plans to increase the number of sprint races to six in 2023 hit a roadblock on Tuesday when the FIA blocked the vote going through, sources have revealed.

Following a meeting of the F1 Commission in London, plans by F1 owner Liberty Media to increase the number of sprint events met little resistance from teams.

But, when the matter came down to getting the majority support it needed, the unanimous backing from the competitors and FOM was not enough to push the matter through as the FIA did not support the plan in its current guise.

For the sprint expansion to get put in to regulations for 2023, it needed what is known as a ‘super majority’ of 26 votes from the 30 on offer between the teams (10), the FIA (10) and FOM (10).

With only the teams and F1 in agreement, the FIA’s resistance meant the proposal failed for now.

Sources have indicated that FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem, who chaired the meeting, told participants that he was only willing to go ahead with having more sprints if a financial contribution was made to the governing body.

While his stance prompted some anger within the room – with one source suggesting it was motivated by ‘greed’ – the FIA did later agree that it would investigate exactly what impact the extra sprints have on its personnel before reconsidering the matter.

In a statement issued by the FIA after the meeting, the governing body said: “With the first of three sprint events of the 2022 season popular with fans and stakeholders last weekend at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Formula 1 and the teams were supportive of an extension to six sprint events for the 2023 season, running with the same format as in 2022.

“While supporting the principle of an increased number of sprint events, the FIA is still evaluating the impact of this proposal on its trackside operations and personnel, and will provide its feedback to the Commission.”
What? a whiff of sanity? Well done FIA.