F1 TV Pro: Low Framerate on Google TV (Chromecast)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
drno1234

F1 TV Pro: Low Framerate on Google TV (Chromecast)

Dear Forum members,

I need your help regarding the following issue:
  • When I watch F1 TV Pro via browser on my laoptop it looks absolutely smooth (like 50 fps)
  • When I watch F1 TV Pro via the F1 TV App on Google TV (on my Chromecast) is is significantly worse, it looks like 20 fps even on the highest quality setting
Anyone of you had the same issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Zynerji

Re: F1 TV Pro: Low Framerate on Google TV (Chromecast)

I've never had luck casting the app.

I just sideload F1TV to my smart TV as it will not download normally. (It updates fine, however).

drno1234

To clarify: I did not do casting (e.g. from my Laptop to Chromcast) but I installed the F1 TV App on my Chromecast directly (which runs Google TV).

J.A.W.

Have you tried patching your laptop into your HDTV via an HDMI cable?

If you are really keen, source a used/fully functional top brand (Panasonic/Samsung/Loewe)
plasma screen HDTV having the specs which will accept the tuning functions of your L-T,
via 'game mode'.

The high refresh rate, lack of motion blur & excellent colour/tone/contrast offered
by a quality plasma screen is great for action sports viewing, IMO..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Zynerji

J.A.W. wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 01:49

If you are really keen, source a used/fully functional top brand (Panasonic/Samsung/Loewe)
plasma screen HDTV having the specs which will accept the tuning functions of your L-T,
via 'game mode'.

The high refresh rate, lack of motion blur & excellent colour/tone/contrast offered
I'm eyeballing the short-throw 4K laser projectors currently. My last 142" 1080p setup ate $300 bulbs every month when used as a TV. Simply unsustainable.

J.A.W.

Zynerji wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 01:58
J.A.W. wrote:

via 'game mode'.

I'm eyeballing the short-throw 4K laser projectors currently. My last 142" 1080p setup ate $300 bulbs every month when used as a TV. Simply unsustainable.
"$300... every month"!

Hell, you could likely buy a good used 65in plasma screen TV for $300..

Zynerji

J.A.W. wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 02:38
Zynerji wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 01:58
J.A.W. wrote:

via 'game mode'.

"$300... every month"!

Hell, you could likely buy a good used 65in plasma screen TV for $300..
And that was 2005 momey...😒

drno1234

J.A.W. wrote:

via 'game mode'.
Thanks for the proposals.

I would like to use a solution without cable and without a new TV.
The TV is not the reason neither is chromecast, because when I watch Youtube via my Chromecast its absolutely smooth.

F1 TV Pro is saying they a streaming 50fps, this is what I want. But, as stated above, I have something like 20fps in my setup (F1 TV App installed on latest edition of Chromecast). And since this setup is not so uncommon I am wondering what the reason is and how to fix it.

Big Tea

drno1234 wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 19:49
J.A.W. wrote:

via 'game mode'.

The TV is not the reason neither is chromecast, because when I watch Youtube via my Chromecast its absolutely smooth.

F1 TV Pro is saying they a streaming 50fps, this is what I want. But, as stated above, I have something like 20fps in my setup (F1 TV App installed on latest edition of Chromecast). And since this setup is not so uncommon I am wondering what the reason is and how to fix it.
Have you tried a different 'dongle'? A basic one if you have it as you then know nothing is happening in the background.

There are lots of youtube vids showing how to use an old router for this. You can use USB from router to TV, or HDMI if you have it on both
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

MtthsMlw

Can't you just cast it to the Chromecast without using the F1TV app on it? That's what I'm doing and it works fine.

J.A.W.

drno1234 wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 19:49
J.A.W. wrote:

via 'game mode'.

Sadly, you can't buy a new plasma screen TV, but given the ~30 year life-span for a ~$300 big screen,
its def' an excellent option for accurate viewing of action sports, (& another feature I forgot to note
earlier) - is that plasma screens offer the same view of the action at a wide angle, so you can have
others there present, & sitting in a wide arc - to watch the action, all seeing a real deep, good show.

SiLo

MtthsMlw wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:18
Can't you just cast it to the Chromecast without using the F1TV app on it? That's what I'm doing and it works fine.
This never works for me on mobile, only on the rare occasion that it decides to load properly. Might be because I'm on VPN though, but sometimes it works just fine which is really odd.

I just watch on my phone or at my PC now because it's tiresome finding another solution.
Felipe Baby!

NL_Fer

I had to switch to Viaplay app on my smart tv this season. I also had bad frame-rate and slow loading also.

I connected my tv with UTP wire instead. Now it has a 1Gb to the modem and no problems anymore. I guess my smart tv, and maybe your Chromecast has a hard time decoding the stream+wifi signal at the same time.

Never had problems with YouTube or movies on that same smart tv, over Wifi. But maybe live sports uses another type of stream.