2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Superb win for Fabio
All his ducks were lined up (hope that translates)
The works Hondas were abysmal, even the LCR Hondas were more stable. Dangerous machines again with Marquez, M looking like he was at a rodeo.
Portimao is one of the best bike tracks along with Sachsenring.

Andres125sx

Damn Miller, he ruined Mir race and maybe even his title chances. He apologized with him and Suzuki tough, racind incident, but very costly for Mir

Jorge Martin crashing again... wow, the season he should be leading Ducati, even the official team riders, he´s crashing 3/5. He´s still the fastest (toghether with Bastianini), but need to calm down

Marquez fighting Marquez hard :mrgreen: Marc looked far from comfortable with the bike, but he managed to finish the race and collect good points

Glad to see Quartararo and Yamaha up there again. WDC leader with an average of 13 points per race... what a crazy season

etusch

racing incident is a bit questionable for me. how someone can think that a ducati can overtake a suzuki in the middle of turn. If you ride a ducati, if you didn't overtake at straight you should let other rider go and try again at next straight. Miller should not try to take turn and at leasst he should go straight there.

J.A.W.

Mir has to 'move it, or lose it', anytime a track position opportunity is up for grabs, since
that's what racing is about, & Mir knows that playing at 'mobile chicane' won't faze J.M...
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 11:13
Mir has to 'move it, or lose it', anytime a track position opportunity is up for grabs, since
that's what racing is about, & Mir knows that playing at 'mobile chicane' won't faze J.M...
Mobile chicane someone fighting for podium? #-o

J.A.W.

Especially then, since not only points, but a spot on the box - is up for grabs!
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

johnny comelately

GO MICK !
almost worth its own thread

johnny comelately

johnny comelately wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 12:59
GO MICK !
almost worth its own thread
1988??
Comments are worth a read

johnny comelately

FP1 in Jerez, Suzukis on top led by Mir, the travelling chicane :wink: (someone called him) 1:38.194
FP2 now with the appropriately named Fabio quickest 1:37.97 so far
Marquez, M down twice in 30 seconds with understeer on that Honda Titanic. Taken back to the pits by Dani Pedrosa!
quickest Honda is Espargaro, P in 7th so far thinking "I should have asked for more, no.... demanded"
Ten minutes to go and the top 6 covered by 3/100ths of a second!
Jean Michel-Bayle (MX and 500 GP + winner) giving Zarco a hand
FP2 finishes with Fabio on top with a 1:37.071 on the on rails Yamaha, imagine if they had 10 more ponies and it never rained.
Takka keeps honourable face for Honda in 5th

johnny comelately

GO MICK ! a few years later with his crook leg on the Honda Glorious, balanced, on rails, powerful

AMG.Tzan

I think the time has come for Marc Marquez to leave Honda and try something new!

They destroyed a bike that could at least win some races with Marc onboard just for the sake of making an easier bike for riders that perform once in a whole season! Now instead they have a bike can't even get into the Top 5 and Marc seems even more uncomfortable than last year when he had the arm injury...

I don't know where he can go! For many years I was thinking of Ducati because the bike seems to be really good on the brakes and has top speed which is just what Marc was asking for back in 2019! But now Ducati has its own young stars so I don't see that happening! Same goes for KTM...

So Aprilia is the other V4 bike that may suit Marc now that they have figured it out! Aleix seems constantly fast on it this year...

Yamaha and Suzuki could be a gamble as although both bikes look quite easy to ride and quite fast, I don't think they could be a good option long term because of their tendency to take longer to bring in new developments!

Happy to hear your thoughts! :)
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 16:06
I think the time has come for Marc Marquez to leave Honda and try something new!

They destroyed a bike that could at least win some races with Marc onboard just for the sake of making an easier bike for riders that perform once in a whole season! Now instead they have a bike can't even get into the Top 5 and Marc seems even more uncomfortable than last year when he had the arm injury...

I don't know where he can go! For many years I was thinking of Ducati because the bike seems to be really good on the brakes and has top speed which is just what Marc was asking for back in 2019! But now Ducati has its own young stars so I don't see that happening! Same goes for KTM...

So Aprilia is the other V4 bike that may suit Marc now that they have figured it out! Aleix seems constantly fast on it this year...

Yamaha and Suzuki could be a gamble as although both bikes look quite easy to ride and quite fast, I don't think they could be a good option long term because of their tendency to take longer to bring in new developments!

Happy to hear your thoughts! :)
I think you are wrong about honda. There can be manything changing in motogp but you can be sure that yamaha and honda will be top 3 or 4 everytime. Honda is trying to find a new way and it can take sometime to make it work. It is very acceptable.
If I were MM and think to try someting different it can be only Yamaha.

johnny comelately

FP3 over in Jerez with .069 between first Pecco Bagnaia and Fabio, with the Ducati looking a bit more comfortable maybe because of an extra 6 kph speed.
Taka on the semi works Honda beating the works bike of warrior Marc Marquez in 4th, memories of Yamaha a couple of years ago when the works bikes were continually shamed back into their boxes.
With poor Pol Espargaro having the mandatory Honda crash with understeer. Tomorrow it will be oversteer, they need to employ Goldilocks who will make it just right.
KTM's are in last week.
Senor Vinales got a message from Tom Cruise! but the Aprilias are not quick enough

johnny comelately

Honda seem to have fitted a new kind of hinge to the chassis..........

etusch