2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Wouter

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Nakagami is fastest at warmup. I would like to see him as winner

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
01 May 2022, 11:00
Nakagami is fastest at warmup. I would like to see him as winner
Yes, its strange how the Hondas seem to be a little better on full tanks

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Jerez
Impeccable race for Pecco, perfect.
Lorenzo Mk2 tried his best for second
Espargaro, A employed some racecraft at last for 3rd
and warrior Marc Marquez had a huge trademark save and then left a wide black line after passing Aussie Jack
Worth watching for the yet to be converted!

etusch

johnny comelately wrote:
01 May 2022, 14:52
Jerez
Impeccable race for Pecco, perfect.
Lorenzo Mk2 tried his best for second
Espargaro, A employed some racecraft at last for 3rd
and warrior Marc Marquez had a huge trademark save and then left a wide black line after passing Aussie Jack
Worth watching for the yet to be converted!
His save shows if he keep himself away from trouble he can recover to get old strong days with little bit clever. He looked opportunity for a long time before making his move.
Japannes bike makers should find a way to be as fast as Ducati at straights with their shorter wheel base and cornering ability

etusch

Wouter

Suzuki set to quit MotoGP at the end of 2022

Suzuki is set to quit MotoGP at the end of the 2022 season just seven years after it returned to the premier class, Autosport has learned.
--------------------
Autosport understands the heads of Suzuki gathered all members of the MotoGP team on Monday and communicated its decision to quit the series at the end of the year.

It is a decision that has come as a shock to all within the team.

An official announcement will likely arrive in the next few hours.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/s ... /10268123/
The Power of Dreams!

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Wouter wrote:
02 May 2022, 20:18

Suzuki is set to quit MotoGP at the end of the 2022 season just seven years after it returned to the premier class, Autosport has learned.
--------------------
Autosport understands the heads of Suzuki gathered all members of the MotoGP team on Monday and communicated its decision to quit the series at the end of the year.

What a shame, just when they got more horsepower

AMG.Tzan

johnny comelately wrote:
02 May 2022, 23:39
Wouter wrote:
02 May 2022, 20:18

--------------------

What a shame, just when they got more horsepower
Classic nonsensical Japanese...

Right when they solve their problems and start winning they pull out! Just like Honda did with Formula 1! Such a shame for MotoGP...

Big question though! Where will Mir and Rins end up?? I expect one of them in the Honda camp and one of the in the Aprilia camp, but which one ends up where I don't know! Honda had made an offer to Mir I think but it was for an LCR seat! Rins may be a nice fit for Aprilia in place of the now psychologically declining Vinales...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cuky

Dorna has released a statement in which they say that they have contacted Suzuki to remind them that the conditions of their contract to race in MotoGP (which if I remember correctly was signed to the end of 2026)do not allow for them to take this decision unilaterally.

Though Dorna has also said that if they agree the terms with Suzuki to leave that they will announce the number of teams and riders for 2023 season. They have also said that there are some independent teams as well as manufacturers that are interested into entering MotoGP and that they did re-confirm their interest in the past 24 hours.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/05/ ... uki/419795

etusch

Do you have any knowledge about reason of Suzuki departure. They were doing very good job

Cuky

We can't know for sure as they haven't officially confirmed yet that they are leaving.

But some rumors I ran into over the internet are that their Superbike sales are not going well and they want to focus on smaller displacement bikes and even electric bikes. Also one rumor that was floated around is that apparently Suzuki (whether motorcycle or car part of the company) was caught cheating on emissions and that they will have to pay a huge penalty.

But those are all unverified rumors and we will probably know exact reasons when they confirm that they are leaving.

Apparently if Suzuki leaves Leopard racing seems to be interested to get into MotoGP class running a pair of satellite Aprilia bikes.

Rumors about Mir joining Honda might have some more weight as well, as apparently Honda has informed Pol that his contract won't be extended.

Cuky

Apparently there is a lot of instances where teams and riders would use lower pressures in tires than what rules stipulate and no one is being penalised because all teams have agreed with Michelin to not make that data public. Now some teams have had it enough and they leaked data from the last race. Bagnaia, Jorge Martin, Dovizioso and Rins have all had tires not complying with minimum pressures. Bagnaia, Martin and Rins had too low of a pressure on the front tire, while Dovizioso had that on the rear. Bagnaia had lower pressures than what is legal in every single lap, Martin was legal for just one lap while Dovi and Rins gad legal pressures for 11 laps.

I think it is outrageus to have something that is both safety and performance related and clearly regulated being ao blatantly disregarded and unpunished.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... tyre-rules

etusch

I think Suzuki bike has more potential we can see with a better rider. I think Mir will be another time loss and misshot for honda like PE. Maybe Quartararo but I don't want him to leave Yamaha because Yamaha should be competitive for better races. According to me, if honda choose to listen me :D, they should find another talent from other series someone like MM,Casey Stoner or Quartararo.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

FP1 over at the Bugatti circuit
1.Espargaro, P. 1:31.771
2.Rins
3.Bagnaia