2022 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Gardens, May 06 - 08

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Spoutnik

Re: 2022 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Gardens, May 06 - 08

organic wrote:
12 May 2022, 18:26
dialtone wrote:
12 May 2022, 14:01
Spoutnik wrote:
What a load of nonsense…
I mean it's evidently true. Max had an easy pass into T1 which Charles didn't/couldn't defend because of the mistake Charles made at T17 which lost him a few tenths. The mistake was made on the first lap max was in DRS; how is that not immediately cracking?

Yes it's obvious RB had better pace, especially on the medium tyre, but Charles made it easy for his title rival
Don't really know if it's a mistake or the rear tyres were dead :?: I'll take an onboard to understand.

dialtone

organic wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
What a load of nonsense…
I mean it's evidently true. Max had an easy pass into T1 which Charles didn't/couldn't defend because of the mistake Charles made at T17 which lost him a few tenths. The mistake was made on the first lap max was in DRS; how is that not immediately cracking?

Yes it's obvious RB had better pace, especially on the medium tyre, but Charles made it easy for his title rival
I completely disagree. RB didn't just have better pace, it was on a different world on the medium tyre. It's like saying that Verstappen made mistakes in Australia to lose 20 seconds in 20 laps, it's ridiculous. Leclerc lost about 1 second per lap for 4-5 laps when he got passed by Verstappen.

Gap diagram, passing happened on start of lap 9, by the time lap 14 comes around Leclerc is 3.5+ seconds back. There's no way to defend when your tyres went off a cliff like that losing 0.7-8 per lap, he had no traction. Calling those "mistakes" is totally misunderstanding what is going on, totally laughable.

And this is so funny when I got attacked for saying that Verstappen made mistakes in Bahrain when he repeated the same nonsense move 3 times despite knowing leclerc was braking early to get DRS over him in the second straight, and 3 times in a row he got baited... Or that Perez with supposedly an ICE problem and had lost 30hp, when ICE helps with top speed, and Perez had +32kph (!!!!) advantage over Sainz in the straight to T17 for 2 laps, and still couldn't pass.

What was Leclerc supposed to do? Remove graining from the tyres by looking at them intensely? haha

Edax

dialtone wrote:
12 May 2022, 19:36
organic wrote:
dialtone wrote:

What a load of nonsense…

I completely disagree. RB didn't just have better pace, it was on a different world on the medium tyre. It's like saying that Verstappen made mistakes in Australia to lose 20 seconds in 20 laps, it's ridiculous. Leclerc lost about 1 second per lap for 4-5 laps when he got passed by Verstappen.

https://i.imgur.com/gY6mbuj.png

Gap diagram, passing happened on start of lap 9, by the time lap 14 comes around Leclerc is 3.5+ seconds back. There's no way to defend when your tyres went off a cliff like that losing 0.7-8 per lap, he had no traction. Calling those "mistakes" is totally misunderstanding what is going on, totally laughable.

And this is so funny when I got attacked for saying that Verstappen made mistakes in Bahrain when he repeated the same nonsense move 3 times despite knowing leclerc was braking early to get DRS over him in the second straight, and 3 times in a row he got baited... Or that Perez with supposedly an ICE problem and had lost 30hp, when ICE helps with top speed, and Perez had +32kph (!!!!) advantage over Sainz in the straight to T17 for 2 laps, and still couldn't pass.

What was Leclerc supposed to do? Remove graining from the tyres by looking at them intensely? haha
Even more significant VES was still 1.4 second down in lap 7 when he started his run and closed it down in one lap. Pretty evident that VES was just cruising in the first few laps and setting up a run. Maybe LEC was spooked a bit by the fast approaching VES, but i concur , there was not much he could have done to keep him behind.

I do have the feeling that I see LEC run out of tires a bit too often. He’s obviously very fast but the tires need to keep up.

F1DataAnalysis

Cars gg diagrams

As in previous races, LEC reached much higher acceleration in traction and braking compared to VER. The Merc seems to perform well under braking, and decently elsewhere. The RB, however, gains by keeping the positive longitudinal acceleration high for a longer section di the straight

Follow me for F1 Data and Telemetry Analyses: Support the page and request custom analyses:

Tim.Wright

Re: Cars gg diagrams

F1DataAnalysis wrote:
12 May 2022, 20:21
As in previous races, LEC reached much higher acceleration in traction and braking compared to VER. The Merc seems to perform well under braking, and decently elsewhere. The RB, however, gains by keeping the positive longitudinal acceleration high for a longer section di the straight

https://twitter.com/f1dataanalysis/stat ... AqUdCSctDQ
Those lateral accelerations don't look feasible to me - way too high. You are showing peaks of 6 and 7G which are not realistic. From what I have seen on the FOM onboards around 4-5G peak at 200 km/h is typical.

Do the acceleration signals some from the FOM feed or do you calculate them somehow?
Not the engineer at Force India

Juzh

dialtone wrote:
12 May 2022, 19:36
organic wrote:
dialtone wrote:

What a load of nonsense…

https://i.imgur.com/gY6mbuj.png

No it isn't. Dream on with your poor defence.
At the end of the day leclerc made a completely unforced error on the very first time verstappen got at least somewhat close to him and then didn't even defend inside line into T1, something Carlos demonstrated later on can be done successfully. Don't need no telemetry analysis to see this.

Palmer basically nails it in his piece. Yes, tyres were perhaps not optimal, but that doesn't excuse him overcooking the corner on the first occasion there was pressure from behind.

Bringing up bahrain is as desperate as it gets. There verstappen, in boat of a car handling wise, attempted a move on a very nimble ferrari and got ahead multiple times. In miami leclerc attempted a move, in what looked like a faster car at that point, and couldn't do anything, he wasn't fast enough. He couldn't force a mistake or brave it on the brakes as verstappen did in bahrain even when he knew it'll be hard to stop the car for the apex. Let's not forget who crashed in imola, again by an unforced error (i'm bringing this up as you've brought up "failed" overtakes in bahrain as an error on verstappen's part #-o ).

dialtone

Juzh wrote:
12 May 2022, 22:20
At the end of the day leclerc made a completely unforced error on the very first time verstappen got at least somewhat close to him and then didn't even defend inside line into T1, something Carlos demonstrated later on can be done successfully. Don't need no telemetry analysis to see this.

Palmer basically nails it in his piece. Yes, tyres were perhaps not optimal, but that doesn't excuse him overcooking the corner on the first occasion there was pressure from behind.

Bringing up bahrain is as desperate as it gets. There verstappen, in boat of a car handling wise, attempted a move on a very nimble ferrari and got ahead multiple times. In miami leclerc attempted a move, in what looked like a faster car at that point, and couldn't do anything, he wasn't fast enough. He couldn't force a mistake or brave it on the brakes as verstappen did in bahrain even when he knew it'll be hard to stop the car for the apex. Let's not forget who crashed in imola, again by an unforced error (i'm bringing this up as you've brought up "failed" overtakes in bahrain as an error on verstappen's part #-o ).
It's pointless for you to respond to me, you've lost all credibility from my side and any interest in me interacting with you. Have a nice day.

Juzh

dialtone wrote:
12 May 2022, 22:22
Juzh wrote:
12 May 2022, 22:20

It's pointless for you to respond to me, you've lost all credibility from my side and any interest in me interacting with you. Have a nice day.
And yet you responded =D> . As I said in my previous post, I knew you've got some sort of agenda to peddle around here, it's obvious now what that is, it basically boils down to leclerc good, verstappen bad (and probably same for ferrari and RB).
As for credibility, I stopped taking you seriously when you tried to suggest entire RB team and perez are a bunch of liars, and somehow trying to prove that perez only suffered power drop for a few laps, despite a mounting of other evidence proving the opposite. The fact you wouldn't drop that premise said it all (even bringing it up in the first place was comical).

F1DataAnalysis

Re: Cars gg diagrams

Tim.Wright wrote:
12 May 2022, 20:48
F1DataAnalysis wrote:
12 May 2022, 20:21

https://twitter.com/f1dataanalysis/stat ... AqUdCSctDQ
Those lateral accelerations don't look feasible to me - way too high. You are showing peaks of 6 and 7G which are not realistic. From what I have seen on the FOM onboards around 4-5G peak at 200 km/h is typical.

Do the acceleration signals some from the FOM feed or do you calculate them somehow?
Thank you for your input: the lateral acceleration is calculated, and the noise could be more easy to mistake for ‘signal’ in these scatterplot than when plotted as a function of time. I’ve noticed that too, I have to check the noise level of the lateral acceleration (the longitudinal acceleration comes from the derivative of speed and its values seem closer to what I expected (even somewhat lower, considering that F1 cars reached 6.0g peaks in Australia 2017 when braking)
Follow me for F1 Data and Telemetry Analyses: Support the page and request custom analyses:

siskue2005

organic wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
What a load of nonsense…

I am afraid Leclerc did crack under pressure. Just like he did in imola.
We knew that Leclerc is every bit as fast as Max, Lewis or Geroge, however he does lack in this area. That will be the only thing stopping him from winning the championship

sosic2121

siskue2005 wrote:
13 May 2022, 00:03
organic wrote:
dialtone wrote:

What a load of nonsense…

I am afraid Leclerc did crack under pressure. Just like he did in imola.
We knew that Leclerc is every bit as fast as Max, Lewis or Geroge, however he does lack in this area. That will be the only thing stopping him from winning the championship
Where is this coming from? :shock:
He made a small mistake. That's it.

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have made it if his car had better top speed.
He has shown already that he can drive under pressure.

Spoutnik

Max bottled the qualy on Saturday too... Nobody is perfect

chrisc90

Max is the best driver on the grid. And he can handle the pressure.

In my opinion

organic

Spoutnik wrote:
13 May 2022, 11:10
Max bottled the qualy on Saturday too... Nobody is perfect
How much running did he have? New track too.

Spoutnik

chrisc90 wrote:
13 May 2022, 11:25
Max is the best driver on the grid. And he can handle the pressure.

In my opinion
Lewis too !