2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cocles

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Wait a minute, are you telling me that a car that won't be updated until race six is falling behind over the first five races?

#-o

continuum16

Cocles wrote:
16 May 2022, 22:28
Wait a minute, are you telling me that a car that won't be updated until race six is falling behind over the first five races?

#-o
I see your point, but Ferrari have more or less run the same car from Bahrain to now as well. Also worth noting that we need percentages rather than just time for a more accurate picture, due to differences in lap time between circuits, although I think you find the story to be similar.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

silver

Cocles wrote:

#-o
It's not surprising though. Others have made gains, especially Red Bull and though Ferrari didn't bring upgrades, they have become a bit of easy meat to Red Bull over the races. As Mercedes has been lost and experimenting without success, they are bound to fall behind.

continuum16

continuum16 wrote:
17 May 2022, 00:40
Cocles wrote:

#-o
I see your point, but Ferrari have more or less run the same car from Bahrain to now as well. Also worth noting that we need percentages rather than just time for a more accurate picture, due to differences in lap time between circuits, although I think you find the story to be similar.
I know it's not the same because the previous post specified race pace, but if we look at qualifying pace (technically supertimes, but this is still in quali), Miami was actually an improvement compared to the previous races. Obviously the Ferrari is better on Staurday compared to RB, but again, they also haven't updated the car like Merc. If anything, this shows that the new wings in Miami did help, at least a bit.

"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

lucafo

So, any news about Mercedes second "filming" day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammerfist

By my recollection this is not correct. Usa was definitely an improvement for them relative to the best car. Imola was the worst they looked all year and the gap in race pace was closer to 2 secs if i recall. But then russells car wasnt set up properly on the slicks. But still; Max was 2 sec faster than russell in q2 at imola.

pursue_one's

lucafo wrote:
17 May 2022, 17:02
So, any news about Mercedes second "filming" day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercedes may score a stopover at the Paul Ricard circuit tomorrow [filming day].
All this to pre-test the new solutions prepared for Barcelona.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

chrisc90

I thought they had to use previously used parts on filming days as you cant test new parts?

pursue_one's

chrisc90 wrote:
17 May 2022, 22:13
I thought they had to use previously used parts on filming days as you cant test new parts?
You might’ve got the tyre test and filming confused.
Testing new parts on filming days is allowed.

NicoS

continuum16 wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:37
continuum16 wrote:
17 May 2022, 00:40
Cocles wrote:

#-o
I know it's not the same because the previous post specified race pace, but if we look at qualifying pace (technically supertimes, but this is still in quali), Miami was actually an improvement compared to the previous races. Obviously the Ferrari is better on Staurday compared to RB, but again, they also haven't updated the car like Merc. If anything, this shows that the new wings in Miami did help, at least a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/DiLwmgD.png
Why is it called supertime? can we not call it qualifying times?

pursue_one's

Mercedes has apparently already landed at Paul Ricard, and Stoffel Vandoorne will be behind the wheel of the updated W13.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

AR3-GP

Why would they not use their own drivers?

PlatinumZealot

AR3-GP wrote:
18 May 2022, 14:08
He is their test driver.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 May 2022, 16:12
AR3-GP wrote:
18 May 2022, 14:08
He is their test driver.
Have they ever used him for a filming day before? Iirc pre-season filming day with the initial spec W13 this year was George/Lewis and the preseason W12/W11 tests were Bottas/Lewis. Idk about any others

Big Tea

New rules this year, all teams have to run 2 non-full time drivers
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.