2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

mkay wrote:
21 May 2022, 17:36
rickybobbyf1 wrote:
21 May 2022, 17:17
organic wrote:
21 May 2022, 17:13
Was expecting Hamilton to beat Russell once the car was more driveable/more confidence inspiring. Still good progress but hopefully he can get his mojo back and then fight a bit further up.
Same thoughts. It’s getting hard to justify his slump. I hope he recovers…
This is the first race weekend where the car is actually driveable and Lewis is only trailing George by 1 tenth. :roll:
The wide shots show George clearly living with the car better especially on exits. Lewis just doesn't like it. Interestingly Driver61 on yotube says other than Imola Lewis has been faster in the races. So it could also be a race setup preference.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mvfad

Mercedes difference to the p1 in the previous qualifyings:

Bahrain +0.7s
Jeddah +0.9s
Australia +1.0s
Miami +0.9s
Spain +0.6s

Considering that they said that the big problem with the car was the porpoising and that they were finally able to lower the ride height the way they would like in Barcelona and considering that there was an improvement in the engine, I think 0.6s for p1 was still a long way off. Also, in this race they didn't seem to have problems warming up the tires because of the high temperature of the track, with the lower temperature and the difficulty of the car to warm up the tires for hotlap, does this difference tend to increase (as in the previous races)? :-k :-k

mstar
mstar

Seems lewis was mentioning he was struggling with the rear all day today. I wonder if he is going for more race set-up to protect the rears / fronts more? His car through sector 3, particularly the last corners looks very unstable at the rear

dialtone
dialtone

mstar wrote:Seems lewis was mentioning he was struggling with the rear all day today. I wonder if he is going for more race set-up to protect the rears / fronts more? His car through sector 3, particularly the last corners looks very unstable at the rear
If his setup was about protecting the rears then they failed, he was sliding everywhere in s3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mstar
mstar

dialtone wrote:
21 May 2022, 20:33
mstar wrote:Seems lewis was mentioning he was struggling with the rear all day today. I wonder if he is going for more race set-up to protect the rears / fronts more? His car through sector 3, particularly the last corners looks very unstable at the rear
If his setup was about protecting the rears then they failed, he was sliding everywhere in s3.

Sorry i meant he wanted to protect the rear more, but found the set-up went opposite and made it more unstable as the front became more dominant. On-board he seemed to have the unstable rear through qualy. I don't know if russell had the same but probably not as he was good in S3.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

mstar wrote:
21 May 2022, 20:53
dialtone wrote:
21 May 2022, 20:33

Sorry i meant he wanted to protect the rear more, but found the set-up went opposite and made it more unstable as the front became more dominant. On-board he seemed to have the unstable rear through qualy. I don't know if russell had the same but probably not as he was good in S3.
Russell commented that they didny have the rear tyres in the window in qualy

Dee
Dee

Just a quick question

Lewis was 337 on the speed trap, Russell was 324

How is that possible, are they running different setups? Was that speed clocked for Lewis under DRS?

theblackangus
theblackangus

Dee wrote:
21 May 2022, 21:27
Just a quick question

How is that possible, are they running different setups? Was that speed clocked for Lewis under DRS?
Better exit onto the straight, I suppose.

wogx

According to Ted Kravitz, Mercedes has solved their bouncing problems by... stiffening the floor. Looks like they were looking too deep and the solution was right under their nose - successfully applied to other teams before. #F1pl #EchaPadoku
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

organic

That seems pretty silly for them to have overlooked so much if true, but does strengthen (excuse the pun) the theory that they've increased the added floor height to fit internal stays

PlatinumZealot

wogx wrote:
21 May 2022, 22:54

According to Ted Kravitz, Mercedes has solved their bouncing problems by... stiffening the floor. Looks like they were looking too deep and the solution was right under their nose - successfully applied to other teams before. #F1pl #EchaPadoku
Makes sense. This was one of the solutions being discussed in the threads.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

theblackangus wrote:
21 May 2022, 22:07
Dee wrote:
Just a quick question

That would not account for a 13kph difference. That is just way too high imo.
I did notice lewis was sub par in sector 3 as well all weekend and such an advantage in top speed leads me to believe he was in fact running less downforce.

theblackangus
theblackangus

Hammerfist wrote:
22 May 2022, 00:15
theblackangus wrote:
21 May 2022, 22:07
Dee wrote:
Just a quick question

That would not account for a 13kph difference. That is just way too high imo.
I did notice lewis was sub par in sector 3 as well all weekend and such an advantage in top speed leads me to believe he was in fact running less downforce.
Doh!!!!
I read 334 vs 337...
Yeah I would agree that there is likely a bit of wing difference.

JordanFiveOh
JordanFiveOh

Hamilton hit 320kph on his fastest lap. Where are you seeing 337?

AA_2019
AA_2019

Source link?

Where are the official top speeds published by the FIA?
One day AI might be able to fix the W13 zero pod concept !