2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

I am very impressed with what Alfa has been able to do with Bottas so far. Considering their budget and available resources it's amazing that they have been able to build such a competitive race car.

Darth-Piekus

You are missing the point. If Mclaren was so much slower than both Alpine and Alfa Romeo do you think that they would have been in front of both? Don't lie to yourself and stop overestimating the opposition. Think of it. Would Lando Norris alone be able to beat both Alfas and Alpines with a slower car?

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Pace is MUCH better on the MEDs. To be fair, MCL hardly had any running on the softs to dial that tyre in.

Darth-Piekus

In the meantime check Lando on the Mediums. He is gaining on Ocon very quickly. Danny's race seems to be over. I don't think he will be inside the top 10.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Pit stop errors creeping in again. Come on lads!

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:47
You are missing the point. If Mclaren was so much slower than both Alpine and Alfa Romeo do you think that they would have been in front of both? Don't lie to yourself and stop overestimating the opposition. Think of it. Would Lando Norris alone be able to beat both Alfas and Alpines with a slower car?
Need to stop thinking with your heart, we're all McLaren fans in here. There's no need to try and defend the team all the time. Please, look again. Ocon is beating Lando 3-2 this season.

Back to the race... Lando could score some decent points with all the drama. Racing Alonso, who is catching slowly.

Seerix
Seerix

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:30
I don't think they managed to nail the upgrade set up due to Friday's problems. I think the car is much faster than what they show. I am not accepting that Alfa Romeo and Alpine who were behind us suddenly gained a huge amount of time with one floor for the Alfa and 3 parts for Alpine while Mclaren brought 10 upgrades.
Alfa Romeo upgrades THIS GP: Front Wing Endplate & Flaps, Front Suspension, Engine Cover, Floor, Cooling Louvres, Rear Suspension, Rear Wing

maybe get proper info at some point

Darth-Piekus

I see. Then I was mistaken. My apologies. Still Mclaren has brought more upgrades and should have had the upper hand.

It's true we are all Mclaren fans but I don't like when people underestimate the team and overestimate the opposition when the results speak for themselves. Still stands what I think the team hasn't optimised the upgrades yet.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:58
I see. Then I was mistaken. My apologies. Still Mclaren has brought more upgrades and should have had the upper hand.

It's true we are all Mclaren fans but I don't like when people underestimate the team and overestimate the opposition when the results speak for themselves.
As someone else has already said to you, more upgrades does not mean better or faster. Think you need to realise this.

CjC
CjC

blastdoman wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:33
Xero wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:30
blastdoman wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:24
What a garbage of car is this McLaren
Insightful input as always. I think you're in the wrong place.
Perhaps you are the one in charge in this forum and you have to say what we forum members have or do not have to talk about
Your comment isn’t going to well received in the Mclaren thread though is it?

Mclaren developed further their 2021 car than any of the current midfield runners last season.
To see Haas and Alfa ahead at this stage of the season isn’t a big suprise to me… although it’s still frustrating
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

The car seem to be having problems with the softs each time. Should they keep more mediums.

MrGapes

If they pull this stint on the end on Lando's car, hoping Alpine still have there tyre eating issues, hopefully p6 is a possibility

Xero

MrGapes wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:06
If they pull this stint on the end on Lando's car, hoping Alpine still have there tyre eating issues, hopefully p6 is a possibility
Hopefully! Lewis is going strong, he could be quick once he pits late for softs. Great effort from Lando, particularly being ill in that heat.

Swed3120
Swed3120

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 May 2022, 15:43
Do you think if Mclaren wasn't fast would they have been in front with just only Norris? Don't lie to yourselves and stop overestimating the opposition. I don't know what they did with the 10 upgrades but clearly the opposition surpassed us as they haven't optimised it.

On another note fantastic Rusell.
Not really sure what you mean , every single midfield team has had good weekends and bad weekends, it’s clear we aren’t as quick as Mercedes but we can definitely fight alpine and Alfa for 4th, remember aswell that we weren’t the only ones who brought Upgrades and where still roughly in the same place as before

f1rules
f1rules

What a huge dissapointment of a car mclaren produced, and daniel nowhere again