2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

I can see Perez frustration, but when your on a different tyre strategy, I think it was the right call.

I don’t think Perez would have had the pace to pass max.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

etusch wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:49
Tvetovnato wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:43
Mindblowing drive by Hamilton.
a half good race and all holy ham fans are appeared suddenly :lol:
I like most Toto's face when Sainz overtake Ham.
Apparently they open up the engine and says we are back. By the way, for showing Ham's mentality; he would withdraw from race to save engine for monaco if team accept his offer.
I liked when Max lost the car on his own, was being served by George in wheel to wheel racing and when he was gifted the win by his team. Astounding effort, well done.

Hamilton was easily the best driver in the field today, together with Leclerc. I would never expect someone like you to see that however.

dialtone
dialtone

chrisc90 wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:58
I can see Perez frustration, but when your on a different tyre strategy, I think it was the right call.

what different tyre strategy? perez didn't stop after the pass and max had no DRS

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

If Mercedes didn't have enough fuel in their car they will be disqualified. Just like Vettel last year in the Hungaroring.

matt_b
matt_b

Someone remind me why did Ferrari give Sainz a 2 year contract extension? He's been the worst driver so far this season another shocker today in that car #-o

Noble29
Noble29

Surely people can realise the scenario regarding 'Lewis wanted to retire the car, what a loser/bad attitude bla bla bla'. In an era [which we've been in for a while now, you'd think people would realise and understand] where saving engine/component milage is critical, when you find yourself nearly a minute behind where you should be after 1 lap, it's pretty natural and forward thinking to assess the situation of the current race, and think about what might be more achievable in a future race when in a far better scenario after 1 lap.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is the ability for someone like Max to make a rather large unforced error, as well as his hot-headedness with the DRS issue and team trying to help, and not have hundreds of pages bashing him, unlike when a certain other drive finds himself in the same situation or better yet, a far lesser situation and still draws all the attention for people to flame. Bravo.

Some of the trolls here who apparently have nothing better to do than keep nitpicking the same driver without fail need to take a step back and maybe assess their conduct. It's boring to neutrals and distant observers to read what is absolute dross time and time again. It's hard to understand whether it's comments made purely for bait and the want for need and attention and to get a reaction from people because they're that sad, or if it's actual beliefs to the point where they feel they need to make the point on a forum because somehow that satisfies their needs regarding this sport, which is just as sad.

The fact of some of you can look at that drive from Lewis today and still come out with the usual 'getting battered by his team mate, he's finished and doesn't care' is really rather pathetic. Shame he has such an important and meaningful impact on you that you can't help but make the effort to come onto an internet forum to write a post talking about anything negative to do with him without fail.

silver
silver

NicoS wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:57
Great race by Team RB!
need to sort reliability.
Jorge showing us why he is the future at MB.
When going gets tuff lewis quits... team has to hold him up like a hand puppet. time to bring more new blood.
It was so annoying to see that he doesn't want to fight. The team deserves a better driver in these difficult situations. Imaging what's happening in the factory with such an attitude.

PlatinumZealot

silver wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:47
I'm totally disgusted with these RedBull team orders. It's just so manufactured and fake.. And it's just six races in. Smh.
Stop it. Everybody does that and to repeat what Toto said after Russia 2018, the management would look foolish to not capitalise in these situations.
Stop what? No one likes team orders necessary or not, and it's manufactured when it's six races into the season. Perez was in front of Max no fault if his own, and was pushed aside when he had the pace. Not to mention his strategy was hobbled. With two RedBulls in front there is no race for the win basically.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

chrisc90 wrote:

I think the team will say exactly that. “Look we pitted Max to release you to attack RUS, otherwise you would have been behind both for quite a few laps”
But seeing PER frustration is quite normal, I’d be pissed off too. If you don’t want to win then you shouldn’t be a F1 driver.

DChemTech
DChemTech

dialtone wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:59
chrisc90 wrote:

what different tyre strategy? perez didn't stop after the pass and max had no DRS
Perez did stop an other time. Question was whether he would have needed to or if it was just for fastest lap, but he did stop later. I do agree it was likely Max would have won (if his DRS did work and they did not clash during an overtake attempt), but it would have been better if they actually properly played it out on track.

Spacepace

GrizzleBoy wrote:
What are the odds of the two posters making the most goading and troll like posts both misspelling George Russels name in the exact same way..................
Russell* #-o

chrisc90

dialtone wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Well for a start Perez didn’t do a middle stint on soft tyres.

Ver : S- M - S- M
Per : S- M - M - S (to get fastest lap)

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

Noble29 wrote:
Surely people can realise the scenario regarding 'Lewis wanted to retire the car, what a loser/bad attitude bla bla bla'. In an era [which we've been in for a while now, you'd think people would realise and understand] where saving engine/component milage is critical, when you find yourself nearly a minute behind where you should be after 1 lap, it's pretty natural and forward thinking to assess the situation of the current race, and think about what might be more achievable in a future race when in a far better scenario after 1 lap.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is the ability for someone like Max to make a rather large unforced error, as well as his hot-headedness with the DRS issue and team trying to help, and not have hundreds of pages bashing him, unlike when a certain other drive finds himself in the same situation or better yet, a far lesser situation and still draws all the attention for people to flame. Bravo.

Some of the trolls here who apparently have nothing better to do than keep nitpicking the same driver without fail need to take a step back and maybe assess their conduct. It's boring to neutrals and distant observers to read what is absolute dross time and time again. It's hard to understand whether it's comments made purely for bait and the want for need and attention and to get a reaction from people because they're that sad, or if it's actual beliefs to the point where they feel they need to make the point on a forum because somehow that satisfies their needs regarding this sport, which is just as sad.

The fact of some of you can look at that drive from Lewis today and still come out with the usual 'getting battered by his team mate, he's finished and doesn't care' is really rather pathetic. Shame he has such an important and meaningful impact on you that you can't help but make the effort to come onto an internet forum to write a post talking about anything negative to do with him without fail.
=D>

silver
silver

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:01
silver wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:47
I'm totally disgusted with these RedBull team orders. It's just so manufactured and fake.. And it's just six races in. Smh.
Stop it. Everybody does that and to repeat what Toto said after Russia 2018, the management would look foolish to not capitalise in these situations.
Stop what? No one likes team orders necessary or not, and it's manufactured when it's six races into the season. Perez was in front of Max no fault if his own, and was pushed aside when he had the pace. Not to mention his strategy was hobbled. With two RedBulls in front there is no race for the win basically.
Stop senseless complaining. It happened in 2018 when Bottas was used a defence mechanism against Vettel in this very circuit. So it's not new. Verstappen was to suffer without his own fault when the DRS malfunctioned. He deserved to win it as much Perez did.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Tvetovnato wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:02
silver wrote:
NicoS wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:57
Great race by Team RB!
need to sort reliability.
Jorge showing us why he is the future at MB.
When going gets tuff lewis quits... team has to hold him up like a hand puppet. time to bring more new blood.
It was so annoying to see that he doesn't want to fight. The team deserves a better driver in these difficult situations. Imaging what's happening in the factory with such an attitude.
Are you really this daft, or are you only joking? Serious question.
Come on now. If there's anyone who doesn't want to fight/win, its the well known, uninterested slacker that is Lewis Hamilton.

/s, obviously.