2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

How is Ferrari always the one with the most negative supporters that turn into bandwagoners?

People always here ready to ask for someone’s head… fire Binotto in 2020, fire Sainz after 6 races, now the car is terrible despite being clearly the best of the lot…

Calm down, let the team work with continuity.

Drift4794

It hurts not to maximize our points on a track that seemed clearly well-suited to our car.

On a positive note, Merc engineers said Leclerc's race pace was extremely strong and he would've been able to do a two-stopper like HAM today. The upgrades have worked and the tyres held up..

Let's hope the PU is okay / it's not a big issue.

Mansell89

Sainz said yesterday something about struggling with the rear wing on this years car affecting him and not suiting him.

Anyone know what he means?

.poz

Mansell89 wrote:
22 May 2022, 22:14
Sainz said yesterday something about struggling with the rear wing on this years car affecting him and not suiting him.

Anyone know what he means?
CS likes an understeering car with a stable rear
CL likes a pointy front and can drive over an unstable oversteering rear (look at Q3 lap)

The F1-75 has a pointy front with an unstable oversteering rear

futures upgrades are rumoured to be usefull to make the car works also with a setup more suited for CS

.poz

chrisc90 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:29
dialtone wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:46
Judging by the sound imho it was a Turbo failure, nothing to do with ICE that had reliability issues at start of season.
Yeah, I heard that whoosh whoosh whoosh noise as it stopped. Almost like a failed dump valve and the air speed was hitting against the turbine sort of sound.
Let's hope it's just something in the high pressure air circuit leaking

chrisc90

.poz wrote:
22 May 2022, 22:34
chrisc90 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:29
dialtone wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:46
Judging by the sound imho it was a Turbo failure, nothing to do with ICE that had reliability issues at start of season.
Yeah, I heard that whoosh whoosh whoosh noise as it stopped. Almost like a failed dump valve and the air speed was hitting against the turbine sort of sound.
Let's hope it's just something in the high pressure air circuit leaking
It definitely sounded a bit more mechanical rather than a split boost pipe or similar.

I think I heard Binotto was shipping the engine back to Italy for inspection, which I don’t think they’d need to do if it was just a air leak

Alonsismo

Ferrari shoud make this car to be Neutral.
the actual oversteering is killing sainz

Mostlyeels

dialtone wrote:
22 May 2022, 21:37
How is Ferrari always the one with the most negative supporters that turn into bandwagoners?
It's the same in all the team threads, just part and parcel of the whole thing :)

E: really disappointed for Charles, good to see him hug all the mechanics after he got of the car, they were devastated too.

Shal_Leg16

Alonsismo wrote:
22 May 2022, 23:09
i don't think thats how it works. If they want to fight Max they wont change it. if so i dont think Sainz would improve much but it may harm Leclerc more.

selvam_e2002

It is difficult to beat RB if Sainz not improving his game. Mercedes also improving. Lecrec need Sainz support like how Pereze helping Max.

Shal_Leg16

selvam_e2002 wrote:
23 May 2022, 06:47
It is difficult to beat RB if Sainz not improving his game. Mercedes also improving. Lecrec need Sainz support like how Pereze helping Max.
i dont agree with this - Sainz is struggling/ Not getting the feel or Car not desined for him at all.

for me sealing wise he is up there at his best just behind Charles & Max. its just that unlike perez he is pushing it too hard. he wants to beat Charles thats it. if he lets it go and just focuses on optimising his performance he will finish 3rd 7 out of 10 times. and you never know might get lucky with a win too , like yday max ran wide , Charles retired.

Alonsismo

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
23 May 2022, 06:29
Alonsismo wrote:
i don't think thats how it works. If they want to fight Max they wont change it. if so i dont think Sainz would improve much but it may harm Leclerc more.
a neutral car wouldnt slow down leclerc.
and sainz in normal conditions is faster than leclerc in race pace, so if ferrari adapt the car to be neutral, Sainz could still win the championship

wickedz50

I am gutted like all fans on this forum, Does anyone know what exactly was the issue on Charles car/engine? I know its still a long way to go but if this continues for few more races down the road, Max will wrap up the 2022 WDC very easily.
Sorry about the way Carlos is driving, we expect him to back up Charles and drive an error free races. Is this talent or pressure or something but surely he is doing no good to his reputation.
We need a error free clean race in Monaco even if Ferrari does not win. A solid result will bring back the positive vibes for the team or else we are going to see another 2018.
Yesterday race reminded me of Germany 2018 and we all know what happened thereafter and how Ferrari fell apart for the remainder of season. RBR/Max/Checo/Horner/Marko will just play around mentally and Ferrari which lacks mental strength and belief will just fall apart.
The RBR unit is very strong as a team and miles above strategically and knows how to get best result even if their car/engine is not number 1. Hats off for bringing everything together.
Carlos for his self sake of trying to challenge his position as No 1 is likely ruining his career and the entire team chances of beating RBR. On paper he looks solid stable but 6 races now and we see the reality.
Reminds me of what Alonso said when he left Ferrari that this team even with best machinerary will fail to win the championship. Hope this jinx does not become reality,

Shal_Leg16

Alonsismo wrote:
23 May 2022, 08:47
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
and sainz in normal conditions is faster than leclerc in race pace, so if ferrari adapt the car to be neutral, Sainz could still win the championship
"sainz in normal conditions is faster than leclerc in race pace"

really amazed , i thought this nonsense was over. anyways lets just agree to disagree, imo this is waste of time.

Alonsismo

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
23 May 2022, 09:10
Alonsismo wrote:
23 May 2022, 08:47
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

"sainz in normal conditions is faster than leclerc in race pace"

really amazed , i thought this nonsense was over. anyways lets just agree to disagree, imo this is waste of time.
this istn nosens, is the truth.

you can agree or not, but it wont change the reality.