2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Zynerji

Re: 2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

hollus wrote:
22 May 2022, 23:29
Are we going to have a six way fight in every race from now on?
Does one even dare to wish so much?!
/drooling off/
I'm definitely feeling it, and let's not forget that 3 more teams (with more tunnel time) could join the fight with slight upgrades...🤯

Mchamilton

hollus wrote:
/drooling off/
Merc need to rediscover their low speed prowess for monaco to compete against Ferraris traction

Zynerji

Mchamilton wrote:
22 May 2022, 23:36
hollus wrote:
/drooling off/
Merc need to rediscover their low speed prowess for monaco to compete against Ferraris traction
Everyone has Monaco Special front suspension arms for the max-steering lock and IIRC there is more mass added to the suspension arms to handle side-load spikes (wall taps).

It all may change a bit with geometry.

organic

hollus wrote:
/drooling off/
One can only hope.. 7 way fight with bottas in the mix at monaco? =D>

ispano6

Expressing frustration is different from being disrespectful. I'm sure the team don't want to let Max down due to reliability.

fritticaldi

Red Bull used Perez like a Pawn. Checo feels betrayed and humiliated . I fully understand his frustration. He should no longer listen to team orders and from now on drive like an a-hole. Never mind what Horner and Marko say to the media. If I were him I would leave the team with immediate effect. Whats the point in racing ?

organic

fritticaldi wrote:
23 May 2022, 00:29
Red Bull used Perez like a Pawn. Checo feels betrayed and humiliated . I fully understand his frustration. He should no longer listen to team orders and from now on drive like an a-hole. Never mind what Horner and Marko say to the media. If I were him I would leave the team with immediate effect. Whats the point in racing ?
Does everyone forget he knew what he was signing up for by joining RB?

fritticaldi

organic wrote:
23 May 2022, 01:42
fritticaldi wrote:
23 May 2022, 00:29
Does everyone forget he knew what he was signing up for by joining RB?
Certainly, Red Bull gives you wing man

Sevach

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:41
fritticaldi wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:36
Ferrari must terminate Sainz . The Spaniard never makes a good start and makes embarrassing mistakes. He is under-performing badly
He needs to calm down and just drive the damned car. I have a feeling he listening to thw wrong advice behind the scenes. Someone is telling him to push to be number 1 this year when it just aint gonna happen. The car is a winner so wins will come. Could have been there behind Charlesbif he didnt fluff the start
Leclerc's car failed, Max made a mistake and then had car troubles, this should've been the day for him to be in the right place to pick up the pieces...
Except he had a bad start, spun even before Max and had no pace to recover...

That's not good.

So... Red Bull, i feel like if Max DRS was working they would've allowed Max to pass on track perhaps, just the usual "keep it clean", which of course already plays into the hand of the guy who is coming faster, if you can't "get your claws out" in your defense.

With today's situation, where Checo probably could've kept Max behind with the malfunctioning DRS, Max would get frustrated again... they decided to just call it.
Anyway it's a team focussed on one driver, and now that guy has his speed edge over his team mate back after a couple of races where Checo was close.

Russel didn't have much pace, but Hamilton appeared like he did.
Last edited by Sevach on 23 May 2022, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

fritticaldi

Unless Ferrari deliberately detuned his Engine after Leclerc retirement, Sainz had no pace on red tyres. Inexplicably odd for such a fast car.

dialtone

fritticaldi wrote:Unless Ferrari deliberately detuned his Engine after Leclerc retirement, Sainz had no pace on red tyres. Inexplicably odd for such a fast car.
He had diffuser damage after the gravel trip, according to Binotto 1s per lap pace lost

zeph

Very impressed with Russell today. That was some incredible defending he did, so much harder than it looks.

Sucks for Leclerc to go out like that, but that’s all part of the game.

RBR 1-2. I would have liked to see Perez get a fair crack at it, but that was never gonna happen.

Artur Craft

ringo wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:15
Alonso, Riciardo, Vettel, these guys are getting smashed. Hamilton at least has the pace.
He is doing well at his age to even be as quick as he is and having the race stamina.
:?
Alonso is 90% of the time way faster than Ocon. :o (ignoring misfortunes) Vettel is not outpaced by Stroll often, either

Meanwhile, LH was Latifi like on Jeddah and Imola

And you talk like you are the reasonable member patronizing all the "dumb" LH haters like me, let´s say :?: :!:

zeph

I’m a little surprised to see Tsunoda ahead of Gasly in the standings. I haven’t been following that, how did that happen?

holeindalip

Artur Craft wrote:
23 May 2022, 03:27
ringo wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:15
Alonso, Riciardo, Vettel, these guys are getting smashed. Hamilton at least has the pace.
He is doing well at his age to even be as quick as he is and having the race stamina.
:?
Alonso is 90% of the time way faster than Ocon. :o (ignoring misfortunes) Vettel is not outpaced by Stroll often, either

Meanwhile, LH was Latifi like on Jeddah and Imola

And you talk like you are the reasonable member patronizing all the "dumb" LH haters like me, let´s say :?: :!:
It’s probably because Mercedes’ are trying extreme settings on their cars to understand it. One car running closer to the sims while the other goes extreme the other way, but you wouldn’t understand it…..one car running extra sensor while the other is not. Not exactly smashed either.