2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
26 May 2022, 02:48

These are laps 2-24. Any medium speed corner is really a struggle for SAI, especially T8, and S3 is a bit more difficult too. Other than those 2 points the drivers are basically the same through the first 24 laps.
Which is probably what Binotto and the engineers at Ferrari are seeing and why the overreactions in this thread are misplaced.

As usual, the Tifosi are short on patience and long on coming up with wild solutions to Ferrari's problems. :lol:

At least we know the car is there for Ferrari to succeed. Thanks for the analysis.

wickedz50
wickedz50

All bygones be bygones. A win this weekend is most important for this year WDC. Nothing more than a win will bring back this team and Charles a more positive motivated fighting spirit. RBR will play all mind games and throw everything to mentally break the entire Ferrari unit. The pressure is immense and I hope Charles can lead the way for Ferrari. He has to lift his team with all the mental strength and spirit. I hope Ferrari have smooth and clean weekend.

Andres125sx

Chuckjr wrote:
25 May 2022, 21:18
JPower wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:34
Sainz isn't Senna or Schumacher and its pretty stupid to make that comparison given they are top 5 all-time drivers. No one but you is holding him to that type of standard.

As for drivers going through slumps or taking time to figure out cars, yes, it happens. I'd count Lewis' entire 2011 season as a slump. Kimi had multiple underperforming stints. Ricciardo has had a few and is arguably in the middle of one now. Bottas had a few too.
Why not compare him to some of the best? I’m sure he does to himself and I’d think less of him if he didn’t. Should he be striving for mediocrity as you wish him, it seems? Seems stupid to strive for mediocrity when you’re driving a Ferrari, but maybe that’s just me.
Calling mediocrity comparing him to Hamilton or Raikonnen? Yes, that´s just you #-o

It makes me sick when people assume if X driver is not in the group of the best ever, even if he´s in the top group of current grid, he´s mediocre #-o #-o #-o

Any F1 driver is far from mediocre, let alone Sainz who has proved to be in the upper half of the field. Saying it´s mediocrity to compare him with Hamilton or Kimi is even more absurd.

Obviously he´s not at Lecrerc, Verstappen, Alonso level, but that´s the same for 95% of F1 grid, and none is claiming to fire them all, except irrational fans

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

wickedz50 wrote:
26 May 2022, 05:27
All bygones be bygones. A win this weekend is most important for this year WDC. Nothing more than a win will bring back this team and Charles a more positive motivated fighting spirit. RBR will play all mind games and throw everything to mentally break the entire Ferrari unit. The pressure is immense and I hope Charles can lead the way for Ferrari. He has to lift his team with all the mental strength and spirit. I hope Ferrari have smooth and clean weekend.
agreed, and i have all the believe that leclerc can lift them but... Ferrari needs to improve on its race strategy if they really want to get close to RB.

RB have Car, Driver, wingman, optional strategy. all 4 variables available to play with. and frightening truth is they are very good at it. if their car stays healthy its a mountain to climb.

F1NAC

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:14
wickedz50 wrote:
agreed, and i have all the believe that leclerc can lift them but... Ferrari needs to improve on its race strategy if they really want to get close to RB.

RB have Car, Driver, wingman, optional strategy. all 4 variables available to play with. and frightening truth is they are very good at it. if their car stays healthy its a mountain to climb.
Race strategy is not bad last 2 years.. They need Carlos up there to atleast keep checo behind. Ferrari strategy dept. cannot do anything if they are left with 1v2 ...

Of all drivers on the grid I think Charles is capable to withstand this kind of pressure. He has an immense mental strength.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

F1NAC wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:22
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:

Race strategy is not bad last 2 years.. They need Carlos up there to atleast keep checo behind. Ferrari strategy dept. cannot do anything if they are left with 1v2 ...

Of all drivers on the grid I think Charles is capable to withstand this kind of pressure. He has an immense mental strength.
i personally think Ferrari are no match to RB on strategy front.
agreed RB have multiple options because of Perez but still other things like Pit stops, etc are so avg by Ferrari almost 3 to 3.5 seconds. Also In certain situations RB always goes for the kill always ready to take extra risk while Ferrari stay more traditional , more passive - responsive type.

dialtone
dialtone

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

agreed RB have multiple options because of Perez but still other things like Pit stops, etc are so avg by Ferrari almost 3 to 3.5 seconds. Also In certain situations RB always goes for the kill always ready to take extra risk while Ferrari stay more traditional , more passive - responsive type.
Lec had the fastest pitstop in spain…

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

dialtone wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:28
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:

well obviously they show frequent flash in the pan thing here and there but it should be on regular basis.

for eg. i can recall at imola had they did a good pit stop on leclerc , he would have come out far ahead of perez. perez had pitted a lap earlier and had his tyres upto temperature so passed leclerc easily.. These are small things but matter alot in F1. if they want to beat RB they cant afford such sluggishness.

F1NAC

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:27
F1NAC wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

What a non sense... When did RB this season go for "the kill" while Ferrari didn't? some of your arguments are ridiculous.

Andres125sx

dialtone wrote:

One quick pitstop means nothing

This is out of sync and poorly edited, but shows even with Lecrerc, without problems, they're usually slower. Then Sainz pitstop was 5,7 seconds, enough for RBR to perform 2 pitstops #-o

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

F1NAC wrote:
26 May 2022, 11:30
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:27
F1NAC wrote:

What a non sense... When did RB this season go for "the kill" while Ferrari didn't? some of your arguments are ridiculous.
He might think about pitting under SC in Miami for Perez, or going for the undercut and doing an extra stop in Barhein for Verstappen.
Last season they were going for the kill too, Abu Dhabi or even Jeddah are prime example of their "extra risk" strategy (underfueling Perez's car, pitting every time under SC or VSC, putting Verstappen on the softer tyres to keep track position at the restart after the red flag even if it's costly on race pace hoping for another SC...).

Regarding the debate on Sainz the last 2 pages I think you have to remember Perez had a dreadful start of season in 2021.. but was a very valuable asset at the end of the season

wowgr8
wowgr8

I definitely see where he's coming from, RB are ultra aggressive when it comes to strategy, Ferrari haven't shown that sort of proactiveness yet. I don't think Ferrari are bad at strategy but RBR are very very good.

I think Ferrari will always have hesitancy when it comes to strategy because they're afraid of things going wrong, doesn't help that fans parrot that "Ferrari bad strategy" all over social media, it negatively affects the team and their ability to take risks. RB on the other hand don't give a damn.

dialtone
dialtone

Andres125sx wrote:
26 May 2022, 11:33
dialtone wrote:

One quick pitstop means nothing

This is out of sync and poorly edited, but shows even with Lecrerc, without problems, they're usually slower. Then Sainz pitstop was 5,7 seconds, enough for RBR to perform 2 pitstops #-o
So your counter "one quick pitstop means nothing" is to show one slow pitstop?

I've already looked at the pitstop data for each race, Ferrari had one slow pitstop in imola and bad miami, that's it, they've split the pitstop in the rest of the races or were within single tenth...

And this includes a double stack pitstop in bahrain were both stops were among the fastest in the race with both less than 2.7s.

Big Tea

wickedz50 wrote:
I see this weekend as important to Charles confidence. He was bouncing for it last year and so gutted.
If he does not get a good performance if not a win this week it could be the decisive point of his year and through that possibly his career.

It may sound dramatic, but it is all the tipping points like this that decide a career in the end.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

codetower

wowgr8 wrote:
26 May 2022, 14:12
I definitely see where he's coming from, RB are ultra aggressive when it comes to strategy, Ferrari haven't shown that sort of proactiveness yet. I don't think Ferrari are bad at strategy but RBR are very very good.

I think Ferrari will always have hesitancy when it comes to strategy because they're afraid of things going wrong, doesn't help that fans parrot that "Ferrari bad strategy" all over social media, it negatively affects the team and their ability to take risks. RB on the other hand don't give a damn.
The way I see it, a team can be more aggressive on strategy when they have less to lose. The last couple of years, Mercedes/Hamilton had already won consecutive titles, and they had the fastest car. They were basically playing with house money. If they get it wrong, 2nd place is terrible, but you can fall back on the "you can't win 'em all" mentality. For RB, as much as they wanted to win, they weren't expected to beat Merc, so naturally you can take greater risks, and they basically had no one behind them. For them to take a risk, you either win it all, or end up 2nd, where everyone thinks you would be anyway.

For Ferrari to take a risk and get it wrong, they could fall far down the order. They are in a similar situation this year... in addition, the expectations are even higher this year than before. In my opinion, Ferrari have much more to lose than RB, or even Mercedes at this point.

JPower wrote:
25 May 2022, 21:33

Gasly makes more close quarters mistakes than almost any driver in the field and honestly, Tsunoda has been more than a match for him this year thus far.

To think Ferrari would look his direction at this point is funny.
I agree, and honestly at this point I wouldn't swap Sainz for Gasly. But if they WERE to part with Sainz and look elsewhere, of the drivers who'd be available Gasly would probably be the best option, mainly because of his relatinship with Leclerc. But as I said, I would NOT make that switch.