2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:54
If the marshalls were waving double yellows for Perez, then Sainz is fully to blame for crashing into Perez and I cant see it getting brushed under the carpet tbh, Not without some stern questioning from the stewards.

This is the first time it was displayed to him, yellow panel and a guy in the background barely visible with a single yellow, his wheel is already turning when the light panel goes on. I have basically no concerns even it was double yellow, which it wasn't.

chrisc90

dialtone wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:13
chrisc90 wrote:
If the marshalls were waving double yellows for Perez, then Sainz is fully to blame for crashing into Perez and I cant see it getting brushed under the carpet tbh, Not without some stern questioning from the stewards.
https://i.postimg.cc/VL4rh5n1/IMG-3888.jpg

This is the first time it was displayed to him, yellow panel and a guy in the background barely visible with a single yellow, his wheel is already turning when the light panel goes on. I have basically no concerns even it was double yellow, which it wasn't.
Any chance of the bit footage of it?

Marshall does look to have double yellows so he should in theory....be prepared to stop.

aleks_ader

Be prepeared to stop aldredy at braking zone. LOl good luck to punish that.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

jumpingfish

And why not introduce a sound notification at the moment the color indication on the steering wheel is triggered? "Yellow flags", "Red flag", repeat several times. If driver didn't notice flags, he could hear that notification at least.

dfegan358

Any damage to sainz car?

Shal_Leg16

jumpingfish wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:46
And why not introduce a sound notification at the moment the color indication on the steering wheel is triggered? "Yellow flags", "Red flag", repeat several times. If driver didn't notice flags, he could hear that notification at least.

lol, seriously so much technology and high-tech stuff but they still rely on flags. joke.

GrrG

Leclerc's telemetry: in Monaco there was none for anyone
https://www.formulapassion.it/opinioni/ ... 19778.html

Drift4794

Oh my god...

JPower

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:16
dialtone wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:13
chrisc90 wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/VL4rh5n1/IMG-3888.jpg

Any chance of the bit footage of it?

Marshall does look to have double yellows so he should in theory....be prepared to stop.
It was a single yellow.

Regardless, if no investigation announced by now then very likely there’s no issue. I don’t see how anyone would’ve expected Sainz to react that quickly to slow to stop immediately after T7.

PlatinumZealot

Good job Carlos wven though you are still costing the team a lot in repairs!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mr.S

Carlos has to come out of delusional state, he is saying he could have been P1 if not for the crash. Painting an alternative view for last season like he was quicker than Leclerc. Like Charles didn’t have the Monaco or Hungary DNF & that he didn’t benefit in Russia or Abu Dhabi with luck. Leclerc would have finished 50-60-70 points ahead last time in a normal season with some luck & was easily ahead last year in qualifying. Only difference in Sainz was happy to near Leclerc last season & make the best of any opportunity if Leclerc had bad luck.

This season he wants to beat Leclerc & establish himself as the No.1 but there can only be so much misfortune for a teammate & good luck for you. As a matter of fact, Leclerc had the engine blow up issue & Sainz didn’t have the car blowup issue. Most of his issues relate to qualifying low or mistakes from his end or overdriving the car.

Today he got lucky with P2. He was P4 in the last run in S1, both Max & Perez we’re ahead - Leclerc was about to destroy him !

Charles is 40 odd points ahead - By Britain he should be 60-70 points ahead. Last year teams took the call around Britain (Mercedes too) & before the end of H1, teams have to take a call around a No.1 Driver !

Fer.Fan

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 May 2022, 02:22
Good job Carlos wven though you are still costing the team a lot in repairs!
Carlos is such dissopoitment. Half of the budget goes to repair his misstakes. So far he has faild to bring car in one piece at allmost any GP this year. #-o #-o :oops: :oops:

wowgr8

Can't blame Sainz for the incident with Perez, the session should have been red flagged immediately. Hopefully there's no damage to the car.

I'm anxious about Leclerc's engine, TC/MGU-H 1 which has done a lot of mileage, at a track where cooling is on the limit. I wonder why Ferrari won't just break out the 3rd TC/H, seems a big risk to take.
Last edited by wowgr8 on 29 May 2022, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

silver

With the way SF75 loads the front for a sharp bite and the oversteer, no wonder they have so much grip for one lap and face difficulties in tyre management in races. Although it looked good in Spain where the race didn't go normal, we have to see how it goes in future races. They should look at protecting the tyres and avoid so much oversteer that cooks the tyres, but it seems like Leclerc is happy with this pointy setup that puts him on pole most of the times, even though he was consistently being overtaken in races. With a gritty driver like Max behind in races with a car that has good tyre life, it's difficult to get away with such a biased setup.
I hope Monaco goes to Leclerc. He deserves it so much in front of home crowd.

Andi76

silver wrote:
29 May 2022, 07:51
With the way SF75 loads the front for a sharp bite and the oversteer, no wonder they have so much grip for one lap and face difficulties in tyre management in races. Although it looked good in Spain where the race didn't go normal, we have to see how it goes in future races. They should look at protecting the tyres and avoid so much oversteer that cooks the tyres, but it seems like Leclerc is happy with this pointy setup that puts him on pole most of the times, even though he was consistently being overtaken in races. With a gritty driver like Max behind in races with a car that has good tyre life, it's difficult to get away with such a biased setup.
I hope Monaco goes to Leclerc. He deserves it so much in front of home crowd.
I think its not right to say Ferrari have difficulties in tyre management in the race. Ferrari had a clear advantage in the first few races regarding tyre management. It was only in Imola and Miami when there were problems, and it both were related to set-up decisions made to get out the DRS-window immediately. In Barcelona they did not take this approach and tyre wear and management was not a problem and the F1-75 used its tyres nicely again. So, in Ferraris case, tyre management depends on the set-up decisions clearly. And its a positive thing and a great job done by the designers, because the F1-75s suspension obviously has a big window to play with. In Monaco Ferrari seems to have choosen a similar path like they did in Miami and heat up the tyres quickly. But in Monaco tyre wear is not a problem at all and in Monaco this should be an advantage, as they should be able to put 2 secs between themselves and the Red Bulls in the first few laps. The Red Bull always needs some laps to heat up the tyres and and their suspension does not have a such a wide range of variations like the Ferrari. So i think what was a disadvantage in Miami, will be an advantage in Monaco.