2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 18:08
The car is coming good. Great development potential indeed.
Car is still struggling in slow corners.
AM must have planned an upgrade package for Silverstone to improve that area.

Mansell89

I think as they optimise this package we can expect steady progress from Aston Martin. Certainly a design style that is working wonderfully for Red Bull

Roman

Considering this car is only 3 races old they could end up being 5th or maybe even 4th strongest Team at the end of the season (not 4th or 5th in WDC, but being top of the midfield). I am just wondering how much money they burned developing the AMT22B...

NAPI10

Roman wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 13:19
Considering this car is only 3 races old they could end up being 5th or maybe even 4th strongest Team at the end of the season (not 4th or 5th in WDC, but being top of the midfield). I am just wondering how much money they burned developing the AMT22B...
Money is no more a concern for this team.FIA will definitely audit the cost cap.

gandharva

Slightly OT, but I wonder how long it will take until we see a similar upgrade on the Alpha Tauris? Marko was already seeking clarification with FIA about this topic.

JordanMugen

F1doc wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 21:04
JordanMugen wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 19:09
Do AMR have a front wing in Canada?
Yes they have a front wing, but it hasn't changed in philosophy since the first iteration of the car.
Whoops!

It seems to be working well anyway, so some good potential in the AMR22. =D>

NAPI10

why Lance is struggling so much?
Seb is close to top teams & Lance is almost a second down. He was not that bad last year.
Either Seb has up the game massively or Lance is under pressure (Maybe an ultimatum from Dad).

organic

NAPI10 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 23:46
Seb is close to top teams & Lance is almost a second down. He was not that bad last year.
Either Seb has up the game massively or Lance is under pressure (Maybe an ultimatum from Dad).
Almost completely new car, maybe with a characteristic that Vettel likes. We have seen RB with a very planted rear all season; AMR adopt the concept and perhaps this brings a more stable rear for Vettel. He can push with full confidence & start unlocking the potential. Stroll maybe not finding the setup directions vettel has taken. Crashes like at Baku qualifying don't help his confidence

F1doc

NAPI10 wrote:
I'm afraid we are seeing the limit of Lance's talent.

prendrefeu

NAPI10 wrote:
Someone should tell Stroll his nepotism is showing.

F1doc

Vettel out-qualified Stroll by just over 1s, but just ended up 1 grid slot higher. I wonder what happened to their practice pace?

organic

https://the-race.com/formula-1/aston-ma ... el-aghast/
Aston Martin believes the cause of the problem was failing to reduce the tyre pressures enough to compensate for the track conditions improving.

“We ran quite a lot this morning, and the pressures didn’t come up very well,” explained team principal Mike Krack.

“So we had to take a lot of laps to build pressures. And we thought that the conditions were quite similar [for qualifying].

“But we had 20 cars on track in the afternoon, which were probably drying the track or making the track faster, much, much quicker than we were anticipating

"... had we managed into Q2, we would have been able to adjust it in time or to make further adjustments. But we ran out of time.”

Krack said Aston Martin had reduced the pressures but realised in hindsight “we should have done a further step”.

“But it went maybe a bit in the wrong direction. Because as I said this morning, we were really struggling to get the temperatures up. And this afternoon, it was exactly the opposite.”
Today's qualifying was penance for the brilliant performance they had at Turkey 2020

NAPI10

Re: Aston Martin AMR22

Are any updates planned for Silverstone?
Car needs updated front wing & floor to optimize 'B-spec' package. I am hoping, AMR22 will take the next step at Silverstone.

Roman

Mike Krack confirmed an update package for Silverstone in Amus but did not specify the kind.
According to the article he hopes rhe update will help to convince VET to stay at AM.

Link (German): https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... unft-2022/

continuum16

Re: Aston Martin AMR22

diffuser wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 20:35
NAPI10 wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 18:42
collindsilva wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 12:19
It has been nearly 4 races since the B version was introduced, with another major upgrade done during the last race.
The car behaves weird and each race the pecking order changes.
The major weakness being not being able to bring temp into the tires, which has made the qualifying very difficult.
In the race trim, seems working good on certain type of tires. Yesterday the run on the soft was horrible.

If this continues seb would definitely leave by the end of the year.
Either team has no idea to set 'B-Spec' in wet or it's inherently slow in wet. I am interested to see dry quali.
They need a better driver.
At least one... :roll:

Still can't believe they didn't bring a new front wing. Baffling considering how much of the middle and rear of the car has changed. I get the feeling that although the B-spec might be easier to drive, it's not remarkably faster than the original. Lest we forget that the team got into Q3 in Miami and came from pitlane to points (even without the Germans colliding, VET was into the top 10 by that point). Other than in practice in Canada the new car has not looked any faster than the old one. Even then, the pace evaporated when it mattered most.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain