Williams FW44

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Big Tea

Re: Williams FW44

Francesc wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 20:09
It will be interesting to see with what they come up at Silverstone. With the amount of time they've had to develop the upgrade I hope they don't dissapoint us. [-o<

In Baku the FW44 was one of the cars that had the least porpoising. I don't know if it was because they were running it quite high or what.
Or just very slow :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

tomazy

Albon had the 7th fastest lap of the race in Baku(he had 3 laps faster than 8th fastest lap), so in the race trim, they were not that slow. I too am also curious what there big update will look like, and am hoping that it workes better than expected. That woul mean that they can figh for regular points hopefouly.

Big Tea

tomazy wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 20:27
Albon had the 7th fastest lap of the race in Baku(he had 3 laps faster than 8th fastest lap), so in the race trim, they were not that slow. I too am also curious what there big update will look like, and am hoping that it workes better than expected. That woul mean that they can figh for regular points hopefouly.
TBH, I think Williams are so under rated. They are almost there but just do not get the headlines.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

proteus

Big Tea wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 20:36
tomazy wrote:
TBH, I think Williams are so under rated. They are almost there but just do not get the headlines.
Their biggest problem this year is Latifi. Dorlington has enough funds to finance the team and if they want to get money back, they will need to spend money in order to create it. Even though Latifi brings in cash, he is also bleeding it out with poor results, crashes and by lowering their overall image for potential sponsors... I seriously thought he finally managed to get himself up to decent speed after last year, when he managed to get himself to points but this season he looks lost more than ever. They cant solely count on Albon to seek for points, Latifi should be atleast right behind to claim them, if something goes wrong for Alex.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Mr Brooksy

Big Tea wrote:
tomazy wrote:
I guess the proof of their ability will be made known with the update. Geez I hope it's a very big step forward...
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

mclaren111

Mr Brooksy wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 08:13
Big Tea wrote:
tomazy wrote:
I guess the proof of their ability will be made known with the update. Geez I hope it's a very big step forward...

We had the same aspirations at McLaren with their Barcelona update... Didn't really work... :(

I hope Williams do better... :D

organic

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/will ... /10322886/

Large and "visibly different" update incoming from Williams apparently, surely.to arrive at Silverstone. Finally committed something from the wind tunnel to manufacturing:

"In terms of short-term and the rest of this season, I think we're committed to a concept that will be slightly different, visibly different, to what you can see now."

What do we think - a Blue bull to complement the other two?

jagunx51

............!!!!

Stu

One thing that we can take from those pictures is that the cooling in the side pods has a very similar set-up to Mercedes factory team; the bottom of the matrix is very, very low.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

jagunx51

unlike W13, it looks like FW44 has no insulating material to keep the fuel cool ......

*edit : AMR22 https://i.imgur.com/3BHUY3J.jpg

............!!!!

roadie

Lots of reports on updates for Silverstone and I look forward to seeing what direction the team is taking.

Francesc

roadie wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 11:31
Lots of reports on updates for Silverstone and I look forward to seeing what direction the team is taking.
Still not entirely clear if they will be ready:
“We’re going to Silverstone, hopefully we can see how our updates are doing and if we can get them in time,”

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/23/rac ... p-23-06-5/

Francesc

Team principal Jost Capito said over the Canada weekend that Williams was “working hard” to get the update package - which is set to be “visibly different” - ready in time for the British Grand Prix.

“We see the results from CFD, wind tunnel, and the simulator, but we have to see how it proves on track,” Capito said.

“If we can replicate what we see in theory, then we should make a step forward.”
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/albo ... /10329267/

Moctecus

It's now been confirmed that the upgrade will be ready for Silverstone, but fitted to Albon's car only.

Lawrence Barretto says, "according to simulations, and depending on the track, it should be worth around a second in qualifying."

Chris Medland says, it's rumoured to be "along the same lines as the Red Bull concept"

Moctecus