2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

outsid3r wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 10:19

I don't understand... isn't it the Turbo which was the problem? And I dont think the CE can have wear and tear unless you physically damage the thing, so what could have gone wrong here? :-k
They are replacing the whole engine again to get spare parts and do it all in a single race, Leclerc is starting last.

Sevach

codetower wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 03:18
organic wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 02:20
JPower wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 02:02
With a new engine, Charles will have more than enough pace to fight his way through the field. Might run into traffic if Vettel and Alonso are as quick as it seems though.

Long runs looked solid. I think RB might have a long run pace advantage but hard to tell given fuel and PU settings are unknown.

I think Ferrari can still qualify 1-2 though.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVfLp0eUYAI ... name=large
Unlikely Leclerc will bother fighting through to Q3 whilst starting from the back of the grid; no point risking the car etc

Long runs look very good. Could be Sainz's weekend
How good will the tow be at this circuit? He can still give Sainz a nice tow in Q3. Maybe get Sainz his maiden pole.
In this track being close around the lap will be a net negative i think.
Because Leclerc doesn't have to get a run the team could position him to be caught right at the hairpin, that's a somewhat complex task however.

I think Charles will run in Q1 to get within the 107% and then park the car, and that's the right thing to do.

bluechris

Sevach wrote:
codetower wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 03:18
organic wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 02:20
Unlikely Leclerc will bother fighting through to Q3 whilst starting from the back of the grid; no point risking the car etc

Long runs look very good. Could be Sainz's weekend
How good will the tow be at this circuit? He can still give Sainz a nice tow in Q3. Maybe get Sainz his maiden pole.
In this track being close around the lap will be a net negative i think.
Because Leclerc doesn't have to get a run the team could position him to be caught right at the hairpin, that's a somewhat complex task however.

I think Charles will run in Q1 to get within the 107% and then park the car, and that's the right thing to do.
No, he must help Sainz to be as high as possible, meaning to help him with tow in q3 to give him pole.

Schippke

If he could get into Q3 an offer Sainz a tow on his final 2 runs heading into the final chicane, then its worth it... IF the SF-75 is within touching distance of Red Bull in qualifying.

organic

It will be too wet for a tow to matter anyway

wowgr8

They're using the Jeddah/Imola/Miami medium df wing here, sucks it isn't a new one with a better flap, the bad DRS on this wing will definitely hamper Charles when he has to overtake cars 15 or more times.

f1316

wowgr8 wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 14:43
They're using the Jeddah/Imola/Miami medium df wing here, sucks it isn't a new one with a better flap, the bad DRS on this wing will definitely hamper Charles when he has to overtake cars 15 or more times.
Supposedly they have made changes to the upper flap:
Ferrari, as we can see in the main image above, has focused attention on aerodynamic efficiency, with changes being made to both the upper elements of the rear wing and the beam wing in order that they work together to reduce drag, without compromising on downforce
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/cana ... /10324304/

politburo

Amazing how Charles says he's not so affected by porpoising in the press conference but Carlos is only 2nd to George Russell in complaining about it.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

wowgr8

They heard my cries! I noticed the new rounded top edges watching the first few minutes of FP3

JPower

Car looked a lot better on wets than inters. Probably the way to go if the rain keeps up.

dialtone

JPower wrote:Car looked a lot better on wets than inters. Probably the way to go if the rain keeps up.
Need to warm inters up a lot in those conditions, he had a purple s1 but maybe met traffic. Anyway, we'll see later anyway, damp track and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPower

dialtone wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 20:08
JPower wrote:Car looked a lot better on wets than inters. Probably the way to go if the rain keeps up.
Need to warm inters up a lot in those conditions, he had a purple s1 but maybe met traffic. Anyway, we'll see later anyway, damp track and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just watched his fast lap on inters. Backed way off at the last chicane as there was a slower car ahead.

Car looked dicey but probably would’ve been in the 33’s had that not happened.

maxxer

So Charles can start tomorrow with the dry setup while all others are now stuck with wet weather ?

dialtone

maxxer wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 21:23
So Charles can start tomorrow with the dry setup while all others are now stuck with wet weather ?
Or they'll take bigger risks with dry weather setup, or they won't start as high as they could.

JPower

Carlos couldn't quite hook up that last corner. Shame. S1 and S2 were right there.

Should be able to get past Alonso but I don't see him going to toe to toe with Max tomorrow. I don't think anyone can at this specific track just given the RB's characteristics.

I don't think Leclerc is going to having any issues moving through the pack especially if he's on a good strategy. There are some cars out of place though, namely Checo.

Will be an interesting watch.