[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Hutchie.91

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

LVDH wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 20:55
OK,
a new version of MFlow is up. It is only poorly tested. Please report any issues, so I can fix them. For certain reasons, I had to get it out today. There is potentially something wrong as the Changelog is obviously wrong.
Also the Dropbox plugin to the Wordpress download manager did not work. This affects Windows users. There should be a link visible, so just copy paste that into your browser.
Have fun with CFD (I hope)...
So to get access to this MFlow, do I just need to register an entry for the 2022 season under this link?

Do I already need OpenFoam installed? As I assume this MFlow is a custom script for OpenFoam for importing CAD geometry, defining inlet, boundry and outlet conditions, creating the mesh and then results postprocessing all specific to external racecar airflow workflow?

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
OK,
a new version of MFlow is up. It is only poorly tested. Please report any issues, so I can fix them. For certain reasons, I had to get it out today. There is potentially something wrong as the Changelog is obviously wrong.
Also the Dropbox plugin to the Wordpress download manager did not work. This affects Windows users. There should be a link visible, so just copy paste that into your browser.

throws this in CMD when opening, then closes I'm afraid
MVRC - Panthera

etsmc

I to am getting the same error as above
If it helps running windows 10 21H2
Bluecore 2017-2
I did note both of us had extracted the MantiumFlow folder to a second drive (D:\) so I copied it to my OS Drive (C:\) and ran as administrator and still the same error

Koldskaal

Hutchie.91 wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 21:30
LVDH wrote:
OK,
So to get access to this MFlow, do I just need to register an entry for the 2022 season under this link?

Do I already need OpenFoam installed? As I assume this MFlow is a custom script for OpenFoam for importing CAD geometry, defining inlet, boundry and outlet conditions, creating the mesh and then results postprocessing all specific to external racecar airflow workflow?
You don't need to register, to download Mflow. On windows Mflow uses BlueCFD-core so you'll need to install that. (If your using windows)

This applies to everyone: the fixed rake for the first race has been changed to 0 degrees. The rules should be updated shortly.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

yinlad

How do we feel about having the diffuser outer width increased +10mm inwards to 20mm total from 10mm? Considering the 10mm rule and meshing issues otherwise, having it at 10mm maximum feels a bit too tight
MVRC - Panthera

BBackhuijs

Hey guys, great to hear MVRC is back for another exciting season!
It will be very interesting to see all the creative solutions again and see who will be the fastest.
Im not sure if I will be able to participate this year due to busy work and other projects but I hope to get a car ready at some point in the season.
I also have a question, anyone has any recommendations for a free to use CAD software, I have left university so I will be looking for a new program to use and develop the car.
MVRC - GCBBcorse

CAEdevice

yinlad wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 00:04
https://i.imgur.com/ZU0Lklw.png
How do we feel about having the diffuser outer width increased +10mm inwards to 20mm total from 10mm? Considering the 10mm rule and meshing issues otherwise, having it at 10mm maximum feels a bit too tight
I agree, 20mm-25mm would make sense.

CAEdevice

BBackhuijs wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 11:35
Hey guys, great to hear MVRC is back for another exciting season!
It will be very interesting to see all the creative solutions again and see who will be the fastest.
Im not sure if I will be able to participate this year due to busy work and other projects but I hope to get a car ready at some point in the season.
I also have a question, anyone has any recommendations for a free to use CAD software, I have left university so I will be looking for a new program to use and develop the car.
FreeCAD (free and open source) or Fusion 360 or Alibre (with special conditions of use for hobbyists) are all suitable. Some teams use SketchUp but I don't like it.

Ft5fTL

When can we expect the fixed version of the mflow for Windows? And another question that i have is are you guys gonna fix the brake ducts for the new 18" tire models? Talking about this: Image
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

Ft5fTL wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 18:48
When can we expect the fixed version of the mflow for Windows? And another question that i have is are you guys gonna fix the brake ducts for the new 18" tire models? Talking about this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 8/Adsz.jpg
The suspensions are based on a model I did some months ago. If it is ok for LDVH and for the staff, I can update it ... as soon as I am back from vacation (next week).

LVDH

Yes, we can make these small adjustments to the CAD they, seem very reasonable.
About the issues with MFlow. I somewhat expected a little trouble and guess we will wait a few more weeks for MVRC race one 2022 to fix this, although I think it should not take very long,
However, please report issues over here, so I can fix them and preserve the solutions for other people:
https://mantiumflow.com/mantiumflow-cfd ... e-support/
I will get in touch with the new staff to finalize the calendar.

G-raph

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster!
I'm Raph and I'd like to enter this year's challenge. I'm struggling a bit with FreeCAD but hopefully I'll be ready for the first race.

If the suspension gets redrawn, would it be possible to move the rear wishbone out of the Diffuser reg box? That's a massive pain to go around it. I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Koldskaal

Hi everyone.

It's been a bit turbulent trying to get everything sorted for the new season. So we have decided to postpone the first race. We will essentially just skip the first planned race, and add a last race in December. So the first race is now planned for July 31st.

Also: you can register as a competitor here: https://mantiumchallenge.com/mvrc-2022-registration/

Finally:
Some of you have pointed out some irregularities concerning the wheels and suspension. I think the best thing right now would be to focus on getting everything ready for the first race. So dont expect large changes before the first race. Immediately after the first race we can release an update to the CAD files that fixes a bunch of things at once.

This is where we need you guys: It would be great if you all could share images of, and discuss, improvements you would make to the existing CAD-files. That way we get to hear pros and cons from multiple people, and hopefully reach some sort of concensus before changes are fully adobted. For now I think we should focus on changes to the suspension, the wheels and the front wheel deflectors. Andre wants to completely reshape the front wheel deflector RV, so please share your suggestions.

Remember: in the end Andre has the final word. So the final implementation may not align 100% with your suggestion.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 09:39
Yes, we can make these small adjustments to the CAD they, seem very reasonable.
About the issues with MFlow. I somewhat expected a little trouble and guess we will wait a few more weeks for MVRC race one 2022 to fix this, although I think it should not take very long,
However, please report issues over here, so I can fix them and preserve the solutions for other people:
https://mantiumflow.com/mantiumflow-cfd ... e-support/
I will get in touch with the new staff to finalize the calendar.
I would, only the website doesn't work either :D

'ERROR: Sorry, there was an error. Please be sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled in your browser and try again.'

(I have both enabled)
MVRC - Panthera

CAEdevice

I was looking at the latest template, what do you think about the mandatory component "MAND_Misc_Systems_V01"? Isn't it a bit too wide? What about adding rounds at the corners? Is the alignment with the engine correct in X direction?