2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

bluechris wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 11:31
Sevach wrote:
codetower wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 03:18

How good will the tow be at this circuit? He can still give Sainz a nice tow in Q3. Maybe get Sainz his maiden pole.
In this track being close around the lap will be a net negative i think.
Because Leclerc doesn't have to get a run the team could position him to be caught right at the hairpin, that's a somewhat complex task however.

I think Charles will run in Q1 to get within the 107% and then park the car, and that's the right thing to do.
No, he must help Sainz to be as high as possible, meaning to help him with tow in q3 to give him pole.
Are you serious ? you really think they would run Charles and waste tyre,fuel whatever that is just to put Sainz on top ? 😁😁

Shal_Leg16

tpe wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 17:11
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.
Meaning, the safest approach is to change the whole PU and not just the ICE.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.

Big Tea

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 05:54
tpe wrote:
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.
Give them a chance, they have not even done 1100 races yet ( :mrgreen: )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wowgr8

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
tpe wrote:

Just my 2 cents.
Afaik you aren't allowed to crack a homologated engine open to check the cylinders and such.

JPower

Ah, so close!

Didn’t get the win, but that was easily Sainz’s best race as a Ferrari driver. Got a point for fastest lap at least.

He’s made a big step since Monaco IMO. If he can keep this up, Ferrari can still be in this fight.

wowgr8

Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.

tpe
tpe

wowgr8 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 14:46
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
tpe wrote:

Just my 2 cents.
Afaik you aren't allowed to crack a homologated engine open to check the cylinders and such.
The can use cameras. Obviously they missed something

chrisc90

wowgr8 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 21:44
Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.
I thought they changed that rear wing flap?

Fer.Fan

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 21:59
wowgr8 wrote:

Ferrari needs to improve their pitstops, it was disaster for LEC, 5,3 sec for him. #-o #-o #-o

F1NAC

wowgr8 wrote:

They tried lower df wing on Leclerc but I think they didn't optimized the setup. Leclerc had constantly bad exit from hairpin. Dunno if it was due to older tyres or not enough df on rear axle.

Sainz didn't had problem passing Alonso.

Nevertheless, great overtake from Lec on Bottas. Also it would be interesting to see what could Sainz do had he not locked up in hairpin the moment he was the closest to Verstappen.

Anyway... season starts in Silverstone, we can do it. It is not over yet.

Forza Ferrari!

Shal_Leg16

just watched Charles post race interview. he did mention the 5.3s stop that dripped him in the drs train. fortunately due to SC he could get pass the two Alpines .

Ferrari is stupid.

Spoutnik

For me this championship is over. RB/Max are superior operationally to Ferrari/Charles.
Only Merc/Lewis(George ?) can cope with theses guys.
If I want to be provocative I would tsay there's more chance of a Merc title challenge than a Ferrari one...

wowgr8

F1NAC wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 22:56
They tried lower df wing on Leclerc but I think they didn't optimized the setup. Leclerc had constantly bad exit from hairpin. Dunno if it was due to older tyres or not enough df on rear axle.

Nevertheless, great overtake from Lec on Bottas. Also it would be interesting to see what could Sainz do had he not locked up in hairpin the moment he was the closest to Verstappen.

Forza Ferrari!
Yeah the wing Charles had on was lower df, whether that was the reason his exit was bad is hard to tell.

I think that if Sainz got past Max would've retaken him, that Red Bull with DRS is a bullet.

dialtone

wowgr8 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 22:56

Forza Ferrari!
Yeah the wing Charles had on was lower df, whether that was the reason his exit was bad is hard to tell.

I think that if Sainz got past Max would've retaken him, that Red Bull with DRS is a bullet.
Nah he wouldn't have because sainz was faster through the lap, had he managed to pass he would have gapped Verstappen. Sainz was on average over 15kph faster than Max in the final straight over the past 15 laps, some laps over 20kph faster. Often gained over 0.4s just there. Unless you have a serious traction deficit at hairpin, it's very hard to pass here.

Ver couldn't pass LEC in Baku over 10 laps with tow and DRS. The speed difference is minimal between the 2.

Sevach

Ferrari needs the mother of all upgrades otherwise this is it, trading wins is not gonna cut it.