2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Wouter

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

djones wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 12:10
You only have to look at the Haas to see what impact a setup can have in the wet?

Alonso is a a really good driver and I love watching him. But he is not one of the greats.
The guy could not even beat Hamilton in Hamilton's first season in F1 :lol:
Well, I think Alonso is one of the greatest!! Together with Max and Senna.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 12:24
djones wrote:
You only have to look at the Haas to see what impact a setup can have in the wet?

Alonso is a a really good driver and I love watching him. But he is not one of the greats.
The guy could not even beat Hamilton in Hamilton's first season in F1 :lol:
Well, I think Alonso is one of the greatest!! Together with Max and Senna.
I agree, and I don't like Alonso. Can not take it from him, one of the best ever.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Alonsismo

Alonso is on its own league with the gods of F1.
only Senna, Schumacher and Clark are at the same level.

Andres125sx

djones wrote:

Alonso is a a really good driver and I love watching him. But he is not one of the greats. The guy could not even beat Hamilton in Hamilton's first season in F1 :lol:
Did you watch 2007 season? Both McLaren and FIA were eager to have a british champion after many many years without any, and went as far as inventing new rules and even sabotaging Alonso´s car, and even with all that cheating Lewis couldn´t score a single point more than Alonso :wtf: :lol:

2007 was an scandal of epic dimensions. Reading people who didn´t even notice, is almost unbelieveble #-o

I´ve always been an Alonso Fan, but in 2006 I also was a Hamilton fan. His season in GP2 was utterly impressive. In some races Hamilton looked like on a different category, and I was eager to see his fight in F1 with Alonso. Greatest season are not those wich dominate your favourite, greatest season are those when two great drivers have a tough fight.

McLaren and FIA robbed us what could have been one of the best F1 era ever. Alonso should have win 2007 title, and 2008 would have been another epic battle, but they couldn´t wait and ruined what could have eclipsed Prost-Senna battles

Wouter

"I think we'll attack Max on the first corner." :)

The Power of Dreams!

Alonso Fan

djones wrote:

Alonso is a a really good driver and I love watching him. But he is not one of the greats. The guy could not even beat Hamilton in Hamilton's first season in F1 :lol:
By that logic Hamilton is not one of the greats because he was beaten by button in his 3 years at mclaren, was beaten by rosberg quite often and totally in 2016 and now is being beaten week in week out by Russell who is in his first season at merc.

Pretty easy to make ill informed decisions on who are greats and who are not if you just look at the stats
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

I think the team made some really good progress on the chronic tyre wear issues in Spain. The pace in that race was pretty encouraging for most upcoming races this season as its an all rounder track. I still think the alpine car prefers high speed fast tracks with minimal slow corners as evidenced by the pace at Saudi Australia and now here. I think the pace is more track specific. Silverstone should be good as well as monza. I think Singapore is gonna be tough because of its stop start nature.

Last year in Qatar alonso started 3rd I think and had to worry about Perez and bottas coming from behind. Bottas got a puncture and Perez got delayed by a vsc. This year its Perez and leclerc who are fighting their way through. Top 5 finish is a must but I think the car could be capable of a podium because of the good race pace compared to Qatar last year. Let's see. I will be on the edge of my seat
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 01:41
Alonso Fan wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 17:21
Looks like the car doesn't really like point and squirt tracks. Still, double points. Hoping Canada's smoother nature helps us out a bit
Smooth? Cana..da?
Well I was right wasn't I? :P
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

AR3-GP

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 14:41
AR3-GP wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 01:41
Alonso Fan wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 17:21
Looks like the car doesn't really like point and squirt tracks. Still, double points. Hoping Canada's smoother nature helps us out a bit
Smooth? Cana..da?
Well I was right wasn't I? :P
I'm happy to be wrong! :lol:

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 14:36
I think the team made some really good progress on the chronic tyre wear issues in Spain. The pace in that race was pretty encouraging for most upcoming races this season as its an all rounder track. I still think the alpine car prefers high speed fast tracks with minimal slow corners as evidenced by the pace at Saudi Australia and now here. I think the pace is more track specific. Silverstone should be good as well as monza. I think Singapore is gonna be tough because of its stop start nature.

Last year in Qatar alonso started 3rd I think and had to worry about Perez and bottas coming from behind. Bottas got a puncture and Perez got delayed by a vsc. This year its Perez and leclerc who are fighting their way through. Top 5 finish is a must but I think the car could be capable of a podium because of the good race pace compared to Qatar last year. Let's see. I will be on the edge of my seat
There is always hope for a great floor upgrade that helps low speed cornering. To be honest they seem to have found a little in slow corners already.

Alonsismo

Magic Alonso is gonna do it.

SchuMassa

What a pathetic, uninspiring showing from Ocon so far.

Michelangelo

Why keep Alonso on track???

peewon

Alpine stretching the budget by saving a few set of tyres.