2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonsismo

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

today Alpine throw away a podium.
the strategy was just pure sabotage to Alonso's race

Alonso Fan

peewon wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 21:53
Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 21:45
strategy was a bit of a farce. also alo had an engine issue. no wonder lec and ham overtook so easily while ocon could hold them up. Shame. but good race by ocon taking advantage of safety car. alo should have committed to a 2 stop from the beginning. was surprised they were trying to do a 1 stop. saved the hard tyres only to actually stop again. still i think merc were faster today. merc are usually faster on the race day then practice simulations show. i think 6 and 7 was the max for the team, but no doubt alo should have been ahead of ocon
How do we know about Alo's engine issue? Had the vol. off a lot.
it came over the radio but we only found out in the last stint. the problem existed since lap 20 which kind of explains how in the second stint he was no match for both mercs. in the 1st stint he was pulling away from hamilton and keeping within drs of sainz for quite a few more laps than i expected. easy top 5 finish lost due to reliability and bad strategy. on a track like this where overtaking is possible especially with the rocketship alpine, the team should definitely go for more stops over tyre preservation. and that last penalty for weaving is just salt in the wounds. alo needs to brush up on that
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

SchuMassa wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 23:40
A five-second penalty drops Fernando to 9th.
What a piece of cr@p. They literally screw him every chance they get.

selvam_e2002

Alpine already decided place between 5th and 7th. not good with respect Alonso. If they allow to pass Ocon, they could have scored more points with penalty. are they supporting Ocon indirectly like how Meclare did in 2007 with Hamilton?

max_speed

There was a reason i did not post anything after P2 in quali. I was fully aware how 3rd class this team is. When you get P2 , teams go aggressive and somehow they always put alonso on wrong foot during race. I hope aston takes alonso. Car is not bad but both of their drivers suck, they need Alonso and have money.

selvam_e2002

max_speed wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 05:10
There was a reason i did not post anything after P2 in quali. I was fully aware how 3rd class this team is. When you get P2 , teams go aggressive and somehow they always put alonso on wrong foot during race. I hope aston takes alonso. Car is not bad but both of their drivers suck, they need Alonso and have money.
Agree! They screwed his race with two virtual safety car. why they did not call him? or just follow what leaders do. Worst race strategy and it helps Always OCON. Just move out from Alpine.

Bisonas

Maybe Piastri is coming in, the decision not to renew Alonso have been taken and they don't want Alonso starring that much, because it would be hard to explain their decision. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I actually hope Piastri goes to Williams and Alonso stays with Alpine though. i don't think Aston Martin would be a better choice for next year TBH, but we don't know.
What happened in lap 19 was unimaginable unlucky for Alonso. Engine problem aside the lap 19 flow of incidents and the timing of them where really unlucky.
There is no question that the VSC start and ending times where the most unlucky. It was like a divine power telling him, look i will try and give everyone the chance to benefit from it except you. :) literally it was like that. Very very unlucky. Even his engineer told him pit unless VSC ends, and it ended few meters before the pit entry.
The Alipine's fault was that assuming they had the yellow flag out at turn8 and flashing on their screens before Alonso pass the pit entry and before the VSC started, it would have been a great split second decision taking into account that he had already done 19 laps on the medium, to pit him under yellow flag either way and done a very comfortable double stuck pitstop with ocon and Alonso having the perfect space between them for a double stack. It seemed from TV at the time that Mercedes made that split second decision and they where 1.5 seconds behind Alonso at the time while Alpine did not.
The thing is that i am not actually sure it was a split second decision. Actually after watching the onboard from Russell i believe that it was an arranged pitstop to undercut Alonso, with lady luck being extremely kind to them.
After that the race became literally a "Murphy's law" example for Alonso.

Alonsismo

alonso only had 2 races without problems this year... (monaco and baku).

danypons8

Alonso is going to stay in Alpine.
There is no free seats in F1.
Maybe its not sure if Ricciardo can stay in McLaren.
And today, McLaren had the worst engine, and cant package better in the car like Alpine.
For me, is the best decision he can make.
The big problem in Alpine, its they have only 2 engines for get datas and improve the reability.
If the FIA dont aprovve the difusser tight, Alpine will be more faster, cause they do a heavy diffuser for have a regular perfomance, and they have to race with a heaviest car.
Other teams had a car with light diffuser and porpoising, but this teams put the difusser thigts and can race wih a light car.
This is not fair.

peewon

diffuser wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 02:01
SchuMassa wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 23:40
A five-second penalty drops Fernando to 9th.
What a piece of cr@p. They literally screw him every chance they get.
The ones in Miami were sketchy. The one here was justified I think.

Jambier

Will bad luck end one day for Alonso ? There was a chance for podium here

Alonsismo

Jambier wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:13
Will bad luck end one day for Alonso ? There was a chance for podium here
ive been waiting for his bad luck to end since 2008.

Alonso Fan

Penalty was deserved imo. Still, positives to take from the race:
1. When the car has an engine issue it usually isn't terminal
2. We didn't do a mclaren or Aston (Aston not knowing where the pace went)
3. Tyre wear looked OK all things considered
4. Good pitstops

And looking to silverstone: high and medium df package looks decent and it's possibly another track which should somewhat suit the car I think
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

Bisonas wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 09:35
Maybe Piastri is coming in, the decision not to renew Alonso have been taken and they don't want Alonso starring that much, because it would be hard to explain their decision. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I actually hope Piastri goes to Williams and Alonso stays with Alpine though. i don't think Aston Martin would be a better choice for next year TBH, but we don't know.
What happened in lap 19 was unimaginable unlucky for Alonso. Engine problem aside the lap 19 flow of incidents and the timing of them where really unlucky.
There is no question that the VSC start and ending times where the most unlucky. It was like a divine power telling him, look i will try and give everyone the chance to benefit from it except you. :) literally it was like that. Very very unlucky. Even his engineer told him pit unless VSC ends, and it ended few meters before the pit entry.
The Alipine's fault was that assuming they had the yellow flag out at turn8 and flashing on their screens before Alonso pass the pit entry and before the VSC started, it would have been a great split second decision taking into account that he had already done 19 laps on the medium, to pit him under yellow flag either way and done a very comfortable double stuck pitstop with ocon and Alonso having the perfect space between them for a double stack. It seemed from TV at the time that Mercedes made that split second decision and they where 1.5 seconds behind Alonso at the time while Alpine did not.
The thing is that i am not actually sure it was a split second decision. Actually after watching the onboard from Russell i believe that it was an arranged pitstop to undercut Alonso, with lady luck being extremely kind to them.
After that the race became literally a "Murphy's law" example for Alonso.
Alpine has said that he's renewed for next year, unofficially. They just need to get the paper work done.

They're also gonna send Paistri to Williams for 2 years.

Turns out they didn't really have a PU problem, they had a cooling problem where the PU air cooling was not going down the paths it was suppost to, leaking out and causing PU Overheating. To counter that they were cutting the MGU-K down the straight.

Guess you can say they got lucky to finish the race.

diffuser

Jut noticed that after 9 races Alonso leads Ocon in the Quali Challenge 6 to 3. That's including Australia that he was well ahead but suffered hydrolics issues, it could have easily been 7 to 2. Ocon better step on it otherwise, we're approaching domination.