2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonsismo

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

why ferrari didnt put mediums for sainz at the SC????

tpe
tpe

On the race thread they said he had one for the race, and he used it at the start

ringo

Sevach wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 23:42
Ferrari needs the mother of all upgrades otherwise this is it, trading wins is not gonna cut it.
Yes the pace of the cars are too close, but most of All redbull can race because they can overtake. Ferrari need more straightline speed. The need to put some distance between them and Redbull pacewise.
As it stands the redbull is the best race car to have. Ferrari better in quali, but seems like it has to driven more on the limit in the race to keep up with redbull.

Max is very much in a very comfortable position to Charles. Ferrari need dominance at the moment to bring Charles and Carlos onto the top 2 steps for a string of races.
For Sure!!

dialtone

ringo wrote:
Sevach wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 23:42
Ferrari needs the mother of all upgrades otherwise this is it, trading wins is not gonna cut it.
Yes the pace of the cars are too close, but most of All redbull can race because they can overtake. Ferrari need more straightline speed. The need to put some distance between them and Redbull pacewise.
As it stands the redbull is the best race car to have. Ferrari better in quali, but seems like it has to driven more on the limit in the race to keep up with redbull.

Max is very much in a very comfortable position to Charles. Ferrari need dominance at the moment to bring Charles and Carlos onto the top 2 steps for a string of races.
Only the last paragraph is actually agreeable. The rest lacks any factual basis.

Alonsismo

this ferrari es like 2013 mercedes
top at qualy, but RB is better at race

Schippke

I re-watched a bit of Sainz final pitstop when the safety car came out... it too was on the slower side; Close to 4 seconds I believe?

Had it been closer to 2.5 seconds or something, he may very well have stayed ahead of Max upon exiting the pits.

At least that's what I thought, given the fact it was 5am in the morning in Australia and I was barely keeping awake. :roll:

napoleon1981

Alonsismo wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 00:23
this ferrari es like 2013 mercedes
top at qualy, but RB is better at race
Didn't look like the better car today race pace. RB has been maximizing results, but the number of races where the car was actually the better racecar are limited. Miami, Jeddah, Imola come to mind. However you can produce a similar list for Ferrari, with Barcelona and Canada recent examples.

f1316

Yeah I mean ultimately it’s all disappointing given the pace of the car - and results have far from maximised the pace of the car (only 40 points ahead of Mercedes is woeful given the gulf in pace) - but nevertheless things can easily all change.

We saw Checo have more poor reliability again today - so the Red Bull is still far from bullet proof - and it only takes one or two of those for Max and/or Ferrari getting their act together and it all looks different again.

I was very encouraged by Sainz’s race pace today and if he was faster than Max, on what was thought to be a RB favouring track, it speaks well to the strength of the package. Supposedly the slightly slimmer sidepods are due for Silverstone - and I wonder if part of this is aimed at a small drag reduction - so let’s see what happens before we declare the not even half season finished.

ringo

Where was Sainz faster than Max though adjusted for tyre wear?
Max was comfortable managing the pace. Even at the end with Sainz having DRS he could not get close enough.
For Sure!!

Alonsismo

sainz was faster on S2

dialtone

ringo wrote:Where was Sainz faster than Max though adjusted for tyre wear?
Max was comfortable managing the pace. Even at the end with Sainz having DRS he could not get close enough.
Max was never comfortable managing. He said himself he was slower than Sai.

Spoutnik

Really happy for Sainz he's getting closer and closer.
I'm sure he'll be a very valuable assets for the rest of the season now. It's now redemption time for him

wowgr8

Makes you wonder what Charles could have accomplished when Sainz was so quick. Lec usually has a few tenths a lap on him.

Alonsismo

leclerc did a very discrete race... so i dont think he could have done better...

dialtone

Just to repeat the deal:

This is one of the few laps on same tyres, same fuel, in clean air without DRS and tow for both Sainz and Verstappen.

No top speed difference. Anyone saying otherwise is mis-informed.