2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
seense
seense

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think the Ferrari was actually a faster race car in Canada. Usually Verstappen destroys Sainz in the race and battles Leclerc. Sainz matching Verstappen says it all. Wonder how fast Leclerc would have been at the front. Other possibility is that the updated ferrari came a bit more towards Sainz liking, but I believe Leclerc is still faster on Sundays.

Aesop
Aesop

seense wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 11:40
I think the Ferrari was actually a faster race car in Canada. Usually Verstappen destroys Sainz in the race and battles Leclerc. Sainz matching Verstappen says it all. Wonder how fast Leclerc would have been at the front. Other possibility is that the updated ferrari came a bit more towards Sainz liking, but I believe Leclerc is still faster on Sundays.
Valid point. Let's imagine Leclerc in front, flatout being chased by Perez with Max out. No doubt we assumed the Redbull the faster car. Though I think Sainz indeed might have taken a step this weekend.

epo
epo

ringo wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 07:56
RB18 is the best race car. I have been saying this from the start of the season.
No point in ferrari's car being able to only win if its on pole. A team literally cuts its chances in half when it must execute absolutely perfectly to stay ahead. Having a car that can race and overtakes gives more strategic and tactical flexibility and thats what the redbull has.
It's not dominant, but it's the best car on a Sunday with the highest chances of winning a race. The Ferrari is quick but unreliable and slow in a straight line. Those key points makes it the least favoured to put up a consistent season.
Yeah you have been saying that everywhere, but your not right as usual. It might be the best race car in the hands of Verstappen, it is a combination not just the car.

Alexf1
Alexf1

If RB were faster then how come Verstappen couldn't increase the gap to Sainz after a few laps in the race and how come Sainz was able to get back into DRS zone again after VER managed to get the gap to over 1 second a few laps after the SC? Ferrari was equal or the faster car this race. Performance difference has been razor thin all season now between the Fer car and the RB18. So the RB18 is anything but the dominant car. It's Fer errors that dominate.

DR30
DR30

Alexf1 wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 15:07
If RB were faster then how come Verstappen couldn't increase the gap to Sainz after a few laps in the race and how come Sainz was able to get back into DRS zone again after VER managed to get the gap to over 1 second a few laps after the SC? Ferrari was equal or the faster car this race. Performance difference has been razor thin all season now between the Fer car and the RB18. So the RB18 is anything but the dominant car. It's Fer errors that dominate.
Didn't Sainz get a free pitstop and new tires? Generally new tires will give an F1 car a significant pace advantage, especially when they can be "consumed" vs old tires.

PlatinumZealot

Junior driver suspended for uttering racist slurs in online stream:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... juri-vips/

Hmm this is not the first driver of theirs uttering racist slurs. Good move to suspend this one right away.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:21

Hmm this is not the first driver of theirs uttering racist slurs. Good move to suspend this one right away.
A good, very worthy post PZ, but….
….as it is off topic (not about 2022 Oracle/Red Bill Formula One Team); any further comments within this thread will be deleted.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

chrisc90

Stu wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 08:00
PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:21

A good, very worthy post PZ, but….
….as it is off topic (not about 2022 Oracle/Red Bill Formula One Team); any further comments within this thread will be deleted.
I posted about it on the F2 2022 topic.

Alexf1
Alexf1

DR30 wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 00:50
Alexf1 wrote:
Didn't Sainz get a free pitstop and new tires? Generally new tires will give an F1 car a significant pace advantage, especially when they can be "consumed" vs old tires.
2nd pitstop of Max was on lap 43 and Sainz on lap 49. Both went to hards which lasted for at least 49 laps as Bottas demonstrated with his only stop on that lap. So not much performance differences to be expected within 6 laps from that tyre

ringo

Alexf1 wrote:
Then why didnt Sainz win?

His car was not fast enough to win from behind.

Relatively poor traction in Canada for some reason.
Redbull aslo better on the brakes.

Yes Max drove well, but he didnt even need to defend. Such was the pace in the car at the right parts of the track.

Anyhow Silverstone next. Hard to say who will be quickest, Ferrari though weak engined last year was respectable and almost won, but i beleive this RB team can adapt the car nicely to the characteristics of the track to be in a very strong position.
For Sure!!

ME4ME

ringo wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 01:52
Yes Max drove well, but he didnt even need to defend. Such was the pace in the car at the right parts of the track.

Anyhow Silverstone next. Hard to say who will be quickest, Ferrari though weak engined last year was respectable and almost won, but i beleive this RB team can adapt the car nicely to the characteristics of the track to be in a very strong position.
That was the beauty of Max' driving, he didn't defend fresh air. He was confident and focused enough not to bother moving off line for an approaching Sainz.

I expect Ferrari will be strong in sector 3 in Silverstone but overall it should be close.

Wouter

Behind The Charge | Oh Canada Max Verstappen wins in Montreal
Max Verstappen delivered a Champions performance at the Canadian Grand Prix, mastering difficult conditions in qualifying
before delivering a faultless drive to the chequered flag on Sunday.
Get full access to the garage and watch how the weekend unfolded for the Bulls in Montreal...
The Power of Dreams!

Alexf1
Alexf1

ringo wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 01:52
Alexf1 wrote:
Then why didnt Sainz win?
Because he couln't get by Max due to having the barndoor fitted on his car: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wing ... /10326566/

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 19:38

Do any of the other teams do anything like this? Ive never come across it.

Absolutely love the fan engagement RB and the drivers give their fans, especially when they bring other sports-people into it from the RB sponsored stuff.

fritticaldi

I think Red Bull is cheating and using the Alpha Tauri wind tunnel testing time. They are sister teams and share aero bits. How is this monitored?