General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Rodak wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 03:13
Why on earth would Honda have ANY interest in dealing with McLaren again? Mclaren burned and buried that bridge.
If the engine is great and the deal feels right they could be back together again. It was mostly Alonso who created a stink, but Honda did openly acknowledge that they were not meeting expectations - size zero mandate or not.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

Rodak wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 03:13
Why on earth would Honda have ANY interest in dealing with McLaren again? Mclaren burned and buried that bridge.
I don't know how many of those who would have 'negotiated' with each other then would still be in place the positions today. Probably a different set on both sides, so any personal agro is probably gone by now.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JordanMugen

With the way Red Bull Racing are cramming sponsors onto every square centimetre of the car (the latest one being Pokerstars), you'd think some a payment for some Honda decals would be welcome. Perhaps an announcement for after the mid-season break or at Suzuka. [-o<

It only just occurred to me why the team uniforms have Honda on the collar, it's not just to sell more RBR merchandise in Japan (itself a worthy reason), but of course also for the purposes of the RBPT personnel who used to wear Honda uniforms in the pit garage and now wear standard Red Bull uniforms. Silly me. #-o

NL_Fer

How I see it:

There are 4 top teams of which 2 are manufacturers and 1 is going to partner with VAG/Porsche.
There 2 midfield teams that wannabe topteams, of which 1 is also a manufacturer and the other wants to be one.
There are 4 small customer teams.

Honda probably wants to partner a top 4 team, if they would return and 3 of them are not an option.

Big Tea

NL_Fer wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 17:30
How I see it:

There are 4 top teams of which 2 are manufacturers and 1 is going to partner with VAG/Porsche.
There 2 midfield teams that wannabe topteams, of which 1 is also a manufacturer and the other wants to be one.
There are 4 small customer teams.

Honda probably wants to partner a top 4 team, if they would return and 3 of them are not an option.
I can not help but remember Honda were when working with Franz's team (AT now), and wonder if they are still rumoured to be for sale. Honda could do worse than take them on and supply a tear 3 team too.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Gasly is then also in a fine position. And Didn’t he and Marko talk in Baku?

JordanMugen

The RB16B makes a cameo in the advertisement for the new North American market Honda HR-V:

[It's a little larger than the international Honda HR-V, but even the mid-size Honda Pilot 7-seater is a featherweight compared to the full-size Cadillac Escalade - "insert joke about Americans here".]

In combination with the title sponsorship of the Japanese Grand Prix, is this really an automaker with no interest in taking power unit naming rights sponsorship at Red Bull Racing & AlphaTauri from 2023 to 2025?

Rushu

Dieter's Diary: Honda name to return to F1

I pick up that Red Bull and Honda are close to announcing an alternate engine deal - which started as a full works supply arrangement for both Red Bull teams, then mutated into an in-house project with Red Bull acquiring the intellectual rights and producing engines in Milton Keynes after Honda formally withdrew from F1 last year. When that proved tight, Honda agreed to supply 'white label' engines from Japan.

However, the issue is IP: by holding Honda's IP, Red Bull - even if the rights are unused - may not be viewed as a new engine supplier under F1's 2026 regulations, which provide development concessions to a newcomer, which Red Bull Powertrains, currently being set up in Milton Keynes, aims to be. The story goes that Red Bull will relinquish the IP rights, with Honda returning as low-key supplier with on-car branding.

https://racingnews365.com/dieters-diary ... turn-to-f1

ispano6

JordanMugen wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 16:37
The RB16B makes a cameo in the advertisement for the new North American market Honda HR-V:

[It's a little larger than the international Honda HR-V, but even the mid-size Honda Pilot 7-seater is a featherweight compared to the full-size Cadillac Escalade - "insert joke about Americans here".]

In combination with the title sponsorship of the Japanese Grand Prix, is this really an automaker with no interest in taking power unit naming rights sponsorship at Red Bull Racing & AlphaTauri from 2023 to 2025?
Honda North America is a crying shame, not once did they mention Red Bull Honda's success on their US website. It's a good thing Honda has Formula 1 fans that know whats up and what Honda is capable of. And now they develop a US only HR-V which appears as a step down from the International model.

anthonyfa18

JordanMugen wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 17:20
With the way Red Bull Racing are cramming sponsors onto every square centimetre of the car (the latest one being Pokerstars), you'd think some a payment for some Honda decals would be welcome. Perhaps an announcement for after the mid-season break or at Suzuka. [-o<

It only just occurred to me why the team uniforms have Honda on the collar, it's not just to sell more RBR merchandise in Japan (itself a worthy reason), but of course also for the purposes of the RBPT personnel who used to wear Honda uniforms in the pit garage and now wear standard Red Bull uniforms. Silly me. #-o

The The merch you can buy does not come with the Honda logos on it which is quite frustrating. Now unless they release a different polo for the Japanese market which I highly doubt. I tried everything to get one with a Honda logo the only way was to get fake replicas on websites. Even if we look back to last year’s polo Honda was written on the back in very big but the polos you buy did not come with the Honda logos on the back like the team

Snorked

Rushu wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 06:22
Dieter's Diary: Honda name to return to F1

I pick up that Red Bull and Honda are close to announcing an alternate engine deal - which started as a full works supply arrangement for both Red Bull teams, then mutated into an in-house project with Red Bull acquiring the intellectual rights and producing engines in Milton Keynes after Honda formally withdrew from F1 last year. When that proved tight, Honda agreed to supply 'white label' engines from Japan.

However, the issue is IP: by holding Honda's IP, Red Bull - even if the rights are unused - may not be viewed as a new engine supplier under F1's 2026 regulations, which provide development concessions to a newcomer, which Red Bull Powertrains, currently being set up in Milton Keynes, aims to be. The story goes that Red Bull will relinquish the IP rights, with Honda returning as low-key supplier with on-car branding.

https://racingnews365.com/dieters-diary ... turn-to-f1
Don't believe a word, lol

Red Bull will be making an engine announcement at their home race according to blick, there they'll announce a Porsche partnership.

JordanMugen

Snorked wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 19:11
Red Bull will be making an engine announcement at their home race according to blick, there they'll announce a Porsche partnership.
That's for 2026, no?

Snorked wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 19:11
Don't believe a word, lol
This is for 2023-2025.

anthonyfa18 wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 12:48
The The merch you can buy does not come with the Honda logos on it which is quite frustrating.
That's a shame. :(

Rushu

In the recent #AMuS episode, Michael Schmidt talked about the new engine rules for 2026.

Audi‘s first option remains Sauber. Porsche with Red Bull but it becomes more & more clear that Honda also wants to return. Maybe a collaboration with Alpha Tauri could be an option.

Aesop

Rushu wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 07:30

In the recent #AMuS episode, Michael Schmidt talked about the new engine rules for 2026.

Audi‘s first option remains Sauber. Porsche with Red Bull but it becomes more & more clear that Honda also wants to return. Maybe a collaboration with Alpha Tauri could be an option.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVyshUvXwAE ... me=900x900
Redbull could be in a difficult situation? On the contrary I'd say.

etusch

Yes. They have a relation and experience with Honda,a good one, so if honda decide to return that is only a good news.