2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ryar

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

RonMexico wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 17:32
The AMuS article from today seems to indicate that there is quite a bit of pushback against Mercedes at the moment behind the scenes. I'm surprised to see Alpine standing up to them also, the use of a second stay on Friday so soon after it was allowed has aroused suspicion in the paddock.
Suspicion? I guess they know for sure Mercedes got insider information or injected the change which is why Mercedes came prepared and no one else. Like Binotto said, TD is meant to clarify rules and to clamp down any misuse of regulations, not to introduce a new regulatory change. It was a farce.
Hakuna Matata!

zibby43

Ryar wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 04:06
RonMexico wrote:
The AMuS article from today seems to indicate that there is quite a bit of pushback against Mercedes at the moment behind the scenes. I'm surprised to see Alpine standing up to them also, the use of a second stay on Friday so soon after it was allowed has aroused suspicion in the paddock.
Suspicion? I guess they know for sure Mercedes got insider information or injected the change which is why Mercedes came prepared and no one else. Like Binotto said, TD is meant to clarify rules and to clamp down any misuse of regulations, not to introduce a new regulatory change. It was a farce.
Why does anyone think that a metal rod and some brackets required advance notice?

Mod edit: irrelevant point removed

Ryar

zibby43 wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 04:20
Ryar wrote:
RonMexico wrote:
Why does anyone think that a metal rod and some brackets required advance notice?
Anyone that believes, perfectly cut to shape and size of the metal stays, needless to say, camouflaged in black, is a coincidence is really naive. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

zibby43

Ryar wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 04:40
zibby43 wrote:
Ryar wrote:
Anyone that believes, perfectly cut to shape and size of the metal stays, needless to say, camouflaged in black, is a coincidence is really naive. :lol:
Sorry, I'm all out of tinfoil hats at the moment.

Ryar

zibby43 wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 06:07
Ryar wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

https://twitter.com/LEWISHAMIL7ON/statu ... WFCqV8ZgKg
Yeah, I guess you have over used them. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

Quantum

Ryar wrote:
zibby43 wrote:
Ryar wrote:
Adding a rudimentary stay is literally something an apprentice could measure and complete on his own inside an hour.

You could argue the location of placing the stays are more difficult.
And they'd know that with the click of a button(floor flexing data).

They even knew 4 days before that the FIA would introduce some measures. The FIA said it themselves.
Nobody knew the measures. Backed up by Merc holding 2 floors back in Brackley.

Mercedes added stays, shipped them over, and it didn't work.

Why is the more convoluted conspiracy theory necessary when Occams razor slices right through it?
Especially when there's zero evidence and the only defence to the theory is....You can't add stays in a day bro.

You can.
"Interplay of triads"

fritticaldi

I think Christian Horner has Toto Wolff by the balls. How did Wolff know to bring a second tray for the floor at the Canadian GP. ? Sounds like he had an insider from his former attorney now working for the FIA.

SiLo

fritticaldi wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 16:01
I think Christian Horner has Toto Wolff by the balls. How did Wolff know to bring a second tray for the floor at the Canadian GP. ? Sounds like he had an insider from his former attorney now working for the FIA.
The left floors back at the factory in anticipation because the FIA had already made it known there might be changes coming.

Anyone with half a brain might think "could be floor changes".

Most of the stuff you read if fluff by the media to drum up a bunch of noise and clicks, and is fed by RB and Ferrari (and also Mercedes') PR departments.
Felipe Baby!

zibby43

Ryar wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 08:30
zibby43 wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 06:07
Ryar wrote:

https://twitter.com/LEWISHAMIL7ON/statu ... WFCqV8ZgKg
Yeah, I guess you have over used them. :lol:
Dealing with posts like these? You bet lol!

napoleon1981

fritticaldi wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 16:01
The fact that they decided not to run them after the fuzz tells you alot.

napoleon1981

Big Tea wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 12:58
They had probably already tested something similar on the model long ago. 'This is the offending part, so lets nail it down for now'. " but its not allowed" ' Ok, take it off after we try it'.
Thats what most people would do and I'm sure they have very smart people there.
Had they tested it a long time ago, and it worked, they would have introduced a reinforced floor already. This was not a magic part laying around since february filming day. Hell even barca filmingday

pursue_one's

Mercedes gets aero testing boost after 2022 F1 struggles
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes ... struggles/

silver

A good consistent stream of performances so far by Russell. A good summary from F1.com. If not for a risky decision in Canada qualifying, he would have got another podium.

PlatinumZealot

Russell's higher DF rear wing was good in the wet, but I doubt that he could have held back Lewis (aka the guinea pig) who was nearly half a second a lap faster in the dry.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AR3-GP

pursue_one's wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 13:34
Mercedes gets aero testing boost after 2022 F1 struggles
https://storage.googleapis.com/the-race ... 8x1152.png
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes ... struggles/
The irony is that it's on-track testing that they need more of. The issues they are trying to study are only observed at the race track.