Alpine A522

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Enstone

Re: Alpine A522

Mateo wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 15:08
Other POV

https://zupimages.net/up/22/26/5jyb.jpeg

It's really a shame that the car has lost paint. In addition to the fact that aesthetically it's not terrible, it masks the details less (so much better for us) and makes them easier to copy by other teams (a pity for the team).
Weight gains... even tiny grams are useful !

Blackout

The new diffuser has more rounded top corners now (like RB and others), amongst other changes (roof shape, sides)
Top pic is from winter testing but is still representative
https://pmw-magazine.com

GrizzleBoy

Alonso just had some crazy porpoising going through copse.

Has the alpine been a victim of porpoising this season?

Redragon

GrizzleBoy wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 17:41
Alonso just had some crazy porpoising going through copse.

Has the alpine been a victim of porpoising this season?
Yes they have, I assuming they are testing how lower the car can go with the new floor.

diffuser

javalinex wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 00:45
Looks like a copypaste

https://i.imgur.com/2OuyhoB.png
Yeah, nowhere near a copy paste. What's really cool is they anticipated RBR tightening of rear bodywork and have come out with that at the same time. Plus they've been able to blend in some of the great parts of the Ferari design too.

All in all, I wasn't expecting this. Just blows me away with the scope of this upgrade.We can tell there have been major changes to the floor too but we will not know what they are until we can see the bottom.

diffuser

Blackout wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 14:11
GrizzleBoy wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 13:01
They've done a good job of pushing that undercut way back and having lots of exposed floor in front of it like RB.
Still different from RB. Now it's a mix between the Alpine undercut philosophy and the RB/AT/new AM undercut style.

https://i.imgur.com/XyxCUSW.jpg
Nextgen - AMuS
Don't forget the Ferrari sidepod top!

Redragon

On this article, they say, there is a new front wing and front suspension too apart of the body and floor https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/notic ... n=noticias

hollus

Nowhere in that article does it say front wing.
Rivals, not enemies.

Andi76

diffuser wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 19:56
javalinex wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 00:45
Looks like a copypaste

https://i.imgur.com/2OuyhoB.png
Yeah, nowhere near a copy paste. What's really cool is they anticipated RBR tightening of rear bodywork and have come out with that at the same time. Plus they've been able to blend in some of the great parts of the Ferari design too.

All in all, I wasn't expecting this. Just blows me away with the scope of this upgrade.We can tell there have been major changes to the floor too but we will not know what they are until we can see the bottom.
Yes, really a great update. Alpine seems to take the best ideas of Ferrari and Red Bull and adapt it to their car and concept. Usually this the way to "copy" sucessfully. Not copy and paste.

Redragon

hollus wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 08:50
Nowhere in that article does it say front wing.
Para ello han emprendido una pequeña revolución, que va más allá de las clásicas actualizaciones que requiere la adaptación a cada circuito. Alpine ha llevado a Silverstone un paquete notable de novedades técnicas, que habrá que medir si son 'mejoras' o 'peoras' en función de su resultado. Desde el alerón delantero, pasando por un notable cambio en los pontones laterales, el equipo de Enstone ha evolucionado incluso conceptualmente: el A522 se ha 'ferrarizado'.

Aleron Delantero in Spanish is front wing and it is on the article.
It is on the second paragraph of the article. https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/notic ... n=noticias

The translation of the paragraph

For this they have undertaken a small revolution, which goes beyond the classic updates that adaptation to each circuit requires. Alpine has brought to Silverstone a remarkable package of technical innovations, which will have to be measured if they are 'improvements' or 'worse' depending on their result. From the front wing, through a notable change to the sidepods, the Enstone team has evolved even conceptually: the A522 has become 'ferrarised'.

hollus

I stand corrected
Rivals, not enemies.

Redragon

hollus wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:30
I stand corrected
Your Quote. "Nowhere in that article does it say front wing."

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all

Alonso Fan

Redragon wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:48
hollus wrote:
I stand corrected

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all
You misunderstood this one. I appreciate English may not be your first language so let me explain. The term 'I stand corrected' essentially means 'you're right'. In other words, @hollus is admitting he has been corrected by you
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Redragon

Alonso Fan wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:58
Redragon wrote:
hollus wrote:
I stand corrected

You misunderstood this one. I appreciate English may not be your first language so let me explain. The term 'I stand corrected' essentially means 'you're right'. In other words, @hollus is admitting he has been corrected by you
Ok misunderstood, sorry for that, something new learned, but yes my intentions as said was just to draw attention to that front wing in case of any changes, etc....

Alonso Fan

Redragon wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 13:01
Alonso Fan wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:58
Redragon wrote:

Ok misunderstood, sorry for that, something new learned, but yes my intentions as said was just to draw attention to that front wing in case of any changes, etc....
No worries, thanks for pointing it out. Both cars in the pits quite a lot this session. Ted reported new bodywork was taken back to factory for inspection overnight because of cracking
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa