2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

carisi2k wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 14:23
basti313 wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 12:04
The amount of rake is significant in the point of bottoming less.
The red bull isn't running any rake. There are photo's on the RB thread showing the car is not running any rake. The RB18 is bottoming less because it is running a higher ride height, better suspension and a better underfloor design.
More ride height with the front floor constantly scratching the ground? I guess we have a different definition of "rake".

But what do you want? Higher is higher, isn`t it? This is purely aero concept, I can not see where you bring in the suspension, how you can dare to judge the suspension on this ride height issue.
Don`t russel the hamster!

erudite450

What happened to Russell? I didn't see his qualy sim. Redbull and Ferrari tend to take a step from Friday to Saturday but it was an encouraging FP2. I hope the race sim backs it up. They'll need to outqualify one or two of the Redbull/Ferrari to have a chance in the grand prix.

Big Tea

erudite450 wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 18:18
What happened to Russell? I didn't see his qualy sim. Redbull and Ferrari tend to take a step from Friday to Saturday but it was an encouraging FP2. I hope the race sim backs it up. They'll need to outqualify one or two of the Redbull/Ferrari to have a chance in the grand prix.
According to Shovlin (on sky) he was concentrating on the hard tyre and they are satisfied with things
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Tvetovnato

Looks very similar to Spain. Still porpoising in fast corners, not much on the straights. Ferrari and RB will turn it up tomorrow again and be gone.

erudite450

Tvetovnato wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 18:25
Looks very similar to Spain. Still porpoising in fast corners, not much on the straights. Ferrari and RB will turn it up tomorrow again and be gone.
Quite a few teams were porpoising in the fast corners. The Mercedes didn't look that bad honestly. But like you said, I expect Redbull/Ferrari to be a few tenths up the road tomorrow.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

wogx

Norris: "He was a great person, but it's different at Mercedes".

Lando Norris looks back on growing up with friend George Russell, but says the British driver has changed since racing for Mercedes. Speaking to the Independent, he says Russell's 'fun side' is no longer visible.

Drivers should not be moulded
Norris says his parents, trainer and manager never tried to mould him. Now that the young Briton is driving in Formula One, he sees other drivers being shaped by, for example, the teams they work with. "I don’t think that is a good thing. It takes away their personality," Norris says.

As an example, he cites Russell, who has not driven at Williams since 2022, but at top team Mercedes. "He was a great person, but it is different at Mercedes – a different vibe and a different atmosphere. I just don’t see as fun a side of him," says the McLaren driver.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/114064/n ... cedes.html
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

wogx wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 19:41

Lando Norris looks back on growing up with friend George Russell, but says the British driver has changed since racing for Mercedes. Speaking to the Independent, he says Russell's 'fun side' is no longer visible.

Norris says his parents, trainer and manager never tried to mould him. Now that the young Briton is driving in Formula One, he sees other drivers being shaped by, for example, the teams they work with. "I don’t think that is a good thing. It takes away their personality," Norris says.

As an example, he cites Russell, who has not driven at Williams since 2022, but at top team Mercedes. "He was a great person, but it is different at Mercedes – a different vibe and a different atmosphere. I just don’t see as fun a side of him," says the McLaren driver.
I, and a couple others, said similar a while back that George isnt being George since he joined Mercedes. Shame really. However I think thats the way the Mercedes team operates on race weekends. Always seems a lot more formal, than the other teams,

siskue2005

wogx wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 19:41

Maybe running in mid field and being in backmarker teams, there is less pressure compared to running in top teams.. George is having to endure a lot of stress. It's understandable that he is not joking around and goofing around like they used to. May be Lando should put more effort rather than being content with beating an old end of career teammate on a mid field car. That's why he was so quick to say just raise the car and race (porpoising), he has lost the fire to win.

JPower

siskue2005 wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 20:25

Maybe running in mid field and being in backmarker teams, there is less pressure compared to running in top teams.. George is having to endure a lot of stress. It's understandable that he is not joking around and goofing around like they used to. May be Lando should put more effort rather than being content with beating an old end of career teammate on a mid field car. That's why he was so quick to say just raise the car and race (porpoising), he has lost the fire to win.
The sheer amount of conjecture and pettiness over an opinion given by a driver that has probably known Russell for almost a decade. :lol:

siskue2005

JPower wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 20:27
siskue2005 wrote:

The sheer amount of conjecture and pettiness over an opinion given by a driver that has probably known Russell for almost a decade. :lol:
So?
Lando needs to work harder and stop goofing around and stop expecting his childhood mates to do the same. If not Lando will be the next Riccardo, atleast Riccardo has multiple race wins under his belt.

JPower

siskue2005 wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 20:32
JPower wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

So?
Lando needs to work harder and stop goofing around and stop expecting his childhood mates to do the same. If not Lando will be the next Riccardo, atleast Riccardo has multiple race wins under his belt.
You're being overly dramatic to say the least.

siskue2005

JPower wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 20:57
siskue2005 wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 20:32
JPower wrote:

So?
You're being overly dramatic to say the least.
So? Saying the truth is dramatic?
Lando needs to know reaching f1 is not the goal, the goal is to become the top driver in f1 ... just look at the attitude of Vettel (pre Aston Martin), Max, leclerc, Lewis, Alonso. You can see they are all here to prove they are the best. Unlike Lando and his mates.

And burning brudges with poor statements like this and raising ride heights etc is not good. Ask Alonso how that's helped him... atleast Alonso was 2 times world champion when he made those comments.

BTW, Discuss the post not the poster. Thanks

zibby43

Lando has an opinion about everything. He’s run his mouth about Lewis, too.

Right now, he’s writing checks with his mouth that his talent can’t cash.

I call him Jacques Villeneuve Jr.

hollus

And this is the Mercedes team thread.
Rivals, not enemies.