2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Bill wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 08:36
lets not exaggerate Newey or Rbr for that matter ferrari still have the faster car .Newey according to him didnt work of the aerodynamics he worked on the suspension element so he lead a group of talented individual who do great work and deserve credits.where would Rbr be if they were underpowered like merc up until barcelona due to relibility or if they used a ferrari that keeps breaking up.what if Max was not there lead driver but Gasly or perez the picture would look different.success is a cumulation of many people at redbull and sakura not just one guy.
Could you please use ... and ,,, and CAPITALS, so people can read what you want to tell. Thanx.
The Power of Dreams!

Gillian

basti313 wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 17:26
ringo wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 15:19
Sieper wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 12:03
I believe that is one of the main points F1 always strived for, road relevance.

RB17, the F1 car that got skipped (replaced) by the 16B, cheeky :-)

I also believe Newey was not happy with the way Aston Martin went with the Valkyrie, way too heavy, too big of an engine. Curious to see what he will come up with.
A V12 will always be a better experience. The Valkyrie is what you would call a heavy car by any means, and I feel there is a point after which whoever is buying these cars wont care about how much fast they are than the other F-1 inspired hyper car. The driving experience is what counts and the V12 has a huge advantage there.

Anyhow so as to not go off topic, that V8 hybrid could also be an outlet to do engine development for 2026.
I was never impressed by a V12. Especially as most come with a heavy car...600 Mercs...BMW 850s...rather boring. The BMW V10 against these V12....always the V10. Also the AMG 65 lost in drivability and "fun" against the 55 in my point of view.
Today the simply issue is that you need a modern engine as modern engines are better. There is no modern V12 on the market since AMG stopped the 65, right? And again...even if you find a V8 with turbo, it is heavy. If you want to go fast round a track you end up at something with 6 cylinders with some turbochargers if you want a good performing engine without 100kg overweight.

Which brings us to this thread: Porsche has engines that are not suitable for track series without a BOP, but for a supercar...excellent.

Regarding development:
No, there is simply no relevance you test an F1 engine on the dyno, then you put it into the car and see how it handles the Gs. No relevant test in another car possible.
A little off topic but anyway....

I have personally owned every car you mention here and you have to remember they're all GT cars, not sports cars. They're all meant to be "boring", they're ships for the road.

Compare those V12 to a Ferrari V12 and it's a difference of night and day. Even a 612 (Ferraris take on a V12 GT and one of my absolute favourite cars) is a lot wilder than any of the above.

And speaking of Porsche... They have a pretty neat 4.0 flat six that works pretty good on a track.

Wouter

Interview with Max en Checo from 41:05 till 01:04. :)

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Sieper wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 10:03
There are still many options with the engine situation, Honda returns in full, RBPT rebrand, real own Porsche engine. Everything stays as is and Redbull remains an independent team. They are building the infrastructure for that. I read somewhere Sauber-AUDI could happen. Geographically that makes sense to me, and then Red Bull Porsche?
I hope so =D> , but any truth to the rumours of RB-Porsche 2026 announcement at Austria? :wink:

I do think, regardless, that Honda branding/sponsorship will return for 2023-2025 as it is such cost-effective advertising at this point for Honda and they have already sufficiently respected the former CEO's wishes by running unbranded in 2023. 2026 is so far away that I'm not too worried about that just yet!

organic

https://racingnews365.com/marko-unhappy ... -direction

Seems there is a lot more performance to extract

Juzh

Hopefully they turn it around today, otherwise they'll have to deal with mercedes for P3. None of the drivers had particularly good lap (sai, ham, ver), so they all have much more in hand, it doesn't apply only to verstappen.

chrisc90

Charles was also well down. I think come FP3 we will get a much better view of where teams are.

Of course the british weather could seriously hamper any setup or dry running if theres a heavy shower at the time of the session.

I cant see RB being left behind. Typically we seen the Ferrari a good tenth or 2 ahead in FP and it generally does close the gap come FP3 and qualifying.

I see FP3 being another busy session as teams try to dial in the setup for the upgrades.

LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 12:13
Charles was also well down. I think come FP3 we will get a much better view of where teams are.

Of course the british weather could seriously hamper any setup or dry running if theres a heavy shower at the time of the session.

I cant see RB being left behind. Typically we seen the Ferrari a good tenth or 2 ahead in FP and it generally does close the gap come FP3 and qualifying.

I see FP3 being another busy session as teams try to dial in the setup for the upgrades.
Seems like you’ve been watching a different season then. Except Saudi Arabia, Emilia Romagna und Canada (a chaotic one) Ferrari have been 2-3 tenths faster in Q3 than RedBull.

organic

Possibly the best the car has looked all year. Seems very easy to drive for Max, no understeer at MB complex for him. Checo up there too (but still far off) - maybe some setup changes to make for him

Juzh

organic wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 14:06
Possibly the best the car has looked all year. Seems very easy to drive for Max, no understeer at MB complex for him. Checo up there too (but still far off) - maybe some setup changes to make for him
Agreed. This is a completely different car compared to yesterday, mainly there's much less nervousness in low speed corners. Few things I've noticed looking at telemetry in f1 app is that they are simply slower in most medium-high speed corners than ferrari and mercedes, but somehow make up laptime elsewhere. Part of it is on the straights as they're consistently faster by ~4-6 kmh on top end, but that is not enough for 4 tenths, so gains must be in slower speed corners, which is very strange given what we've seen yesterday.

Another thing I've noticed, apart from russell who took copse flat, verstappen was the next fastest on pretty much every run. So on very high speed corner RB is working well, less so when speeds are around 180-250 kmh.

Wouter

Horner: Liam Lawson will be the new test- and reserve driver for RBR.

About Liam: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/juniorte ... iam-lawson

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 15:32

https://img.redbull.com/images/c_crop,x ... zyf/lawson
Wow that worked out well for Liam, didn't it.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 18:29
Wouter wrote:

It sure did. I am sorry for Juri. I think the punishment was way too harsh.
The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

Wouter wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 18:41
ispano6 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I am a person of color and have faced discrimination, but I do think it was harsh. All that he grew up dreaming of, seems to have gone with a naive mistake. Racism and all kinds of discriminations should be absolutely unacceptable in the society. The problem is, a lot of kids like Yuri have grown up in a atmosphere where using "n" word casually was normal and it became part of vocabulary for them, which brought his downfall. I have seen my own people using "n" word casually! Not sure how many such talented kids are around who would go down that path unconsciously. The world should strive to improve on racism where it is NOT being monitored, more than where it is and parents/guardians/schools should provide an upbringing that also educates the evils of racism. That would bring true change.
Hakuna Matata!

Big Tea

Ryar wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 19:01
Wouter wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 18:41
ispano6 wrote:

I am a person of color and have faced discrimination, but I do think it was harsh. All that he grew up dreaming of, seems to have gone with a naive mistake. Racism and all kinds of discriminations should be absolutely unacceptable in the society. The problem is, a lot of kids like Yuri have grown up in a atmosphere where using "n" word casually was normal and it became part of vocabulary for them, which brought his downfall. I have seen my own people using "n" word casually! Not sure how many such talented kids are around who would go down that path unconsciously. The world should strive to improve on racism where it is NOT being monitored, more than where it is and parents/guardians/schools should provide an upbringing that also educates the evils of racism. That would bring true change.

I really agree with you, but it is so difficult to decide if there was intent or not. It is a zero tolerance thing, which I suppose has to be followed. I am from Waaay back, and could so easily fall into that trap even though I would have no bad intent. The line has to be somewhere. Having said that, I hope it is not a permanent bar to progress
(in his case, because I think it was not his intent)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.