2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 17:09
And this is exactly why you don't trash your driver after the start of season. Carlos is showing growth in experience in the car since Monaco.

Well done.
The short sightedness of F1 fans never ceases to amaze me. Just like Juan Pablo Montoya said recently, Carlos didn't forget how to drive, the car just isn't a good fit for his driving style.

Anyway, Sainz did a good job putting the lap together in tough conditions.

I don't know how Ferrari will do re: race pace but I'm hoping for a clean race. A Sainz win would be nice though.

tpe
tpe

Sainz reached a significant milestone: His first pole.

Now, if he can translate it to a win, it would be great. The whole thing is to stay calm. I liked the "smooth operator" message. As long as he stay focused and he is NOT stressed, he might be able to win the race, provided he can stay ahead of VER in the first laps and that his strategy is the correct one.

Let's see.

silver

Good job there by the Ferrari boys. I honestly didn't think they could get a pole, considering how fast Verstappen was! Hopefully, they have tyre management under control and can have a good race!

Alonsismo

Its always a pleasure to see a Spaniard conquering UK hahaha

cmon Sainzzzzz

chrisc90

Good drive from Sainz today, with a bit of luck at the end with the yellow flag on a faster lap of Max having to lift.

Ferrari need to be on the ball tomorrow with strategy. Given the uncertainty of the weather, I think strategy at the top teams will be chosen very late with starting tyre choice, especially if rain is in the air with a rotating wet/dry/wet track which could prove interesting.

Mostlyeels

dialtone wrote:
And this is exactly why you don't trash your driver after the start of season. Carlos is showing growth in experience in the car since Monaco.
Yep, great job by Carlos. The relief on the face of his manager (cousin) in the garage afterwards was priceless!

Criticism will be good and bad from fans all through the season. Such is the way of team threads. What's the saying? "You're only as good as your last album." :)

ringo

Leclerc need to pass Max at the start if they want to win. Also Ferrari should focus the strategy of their 2 cars around Max. Ignore Checo.
For Sure!!

Shal_Leg16

Will see how Ferrari acts tomorrow, do they make a stand or let them drive .

CRazyLemon

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 06:34
Will see how Ferrari acts tomorrow, do they make a stand or let them drive .
Ferrari need to find themselves in a position to make a call first. So let's hope for that to start with.

saviour stivala

The track conditions at the final shoot-out was the same for everybody on that lap. What would have happened without the yellow flag can only be assumptions. The mostly British press covering qualifying could not stomach a Spanish driver taking pole, they showed it all by going superfast to the defense of their ‘bood-out’’ boy. Fastest of them all was one of the lot that claim their F1 SITE cannot be beaten.

Andres125sx

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 03:11
Leclerc need to pass Max at the start if they want to win.
Obviously, but the opposite is more plausible, Max passing Sainz at the start

I´d say RBR is doing faster starts than Ferrari consistently this season

Gillian

dialtone wrote:

Well done.
I agree you shouldn't trash your driver (why would you do that) but I'm not convinced in your second statement. It feels a bit like the short-lived Perez hype. Sainz did well to get pole but I don't really see any growth attributing to it. He kept it on track and got lucky his teammate messed up. Otherwise it would have been P3. Mind you, I'm not a Sainz basher like some here seem to be. Just check my post history and you'll see I think highly of Sainz.

JPower

Gillian wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 12:39
dialtone wrote:

Well done.
I agree you shouldn't trash your driver (why would you do that) but I'm not convinced in your second statement. It feels a bit like the short-lived Perez hype. Sainz did well to get pole but I don't really see any growth attributing to it. He kept it on track and got lucky his teammate messed up. Otherwise it would have been P3. Mind you, I'm not a Sainz basher like some here seem to be. Just check my post history and you'll see I think highly of Sainz.
I think his ability to understand what the style the car wants vs his driving style has been fairly apparent post-Monaco.

As he said, at Spain he was afraid he was going to lose the car at any moment. No confidence in the car. I haven’t seen that hesitancy since then. He’s been driving like the Carlos we’ve seen for most of his career.

Will that translate to a win today? That remains to be seen.

Gillian

JPower wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 13:32
Gillian wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 12:39
dialtone wrote:

Well done.
I think his ability to understand what the style the car wants vs his driving style has been fairly apparent post-Monaco.

As he said, at Spain he was afraid he was going to lose the car at any moment. No confidence in the car. I haven’t seen that hesitancy since then. He’s been driving like the Carlos we’ve seen for most of his career.

Will that translate to a win today? That remains to be seen.
Not very apparent to me, I just don't see it (yet). But I do hope you're right. Let's hope for a good race. :)

JPower

Let’s try this start again.