2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:55
bluechris wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:42
JPower wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:39

Says who?
Common sense and all people eyes. Sainz made two mistakes .. lost on the 1st start from Verstapen and the 2nd went off track. I dont count his old mistakes. And we have Leclerc who is faster than Sainz and has a damaged car.
1+1 = 2
Common sense would tell you Ferrari doesn’t see it that way. Otherwise they would’ve sacrificed Sainz far earlier.
they indeed told Sainz to move away so there goes your weak logic in bin. only thing is that they dont have balls to call it quickly.

Drift4794
Drift4794

How Inaki Rueda still holds the Head of Strategy position since 2014 is beyond me. Fire the entire department already. This team won't win anything like this.

Having a competitive car doesn't mean anything when you can't get the most basic decisions right.

xaero
xaero

So gutted for Charles.. Pace was there was no comparison between him and Carlos.. He doesn't deserve this sort of treatment :(
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

rafeyahmad wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:02
How Inaki Rueda still holds the Head of Strategy position since 2014 is beyond me. Fire the entire department already. This team won't win anything like this.

Having a competitive car doesn't mean anything when you can't get the most basic decisions right.
Exactly. they didnt just screw Charles, they gave away a 1-2.

Had they pitted both and gave away position to lewis still they could have passed him with fresh softs. This is not monaco where track position is everything. 1-2 was possible.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

cmooooooon

great win for sainz.

sainz comeback is still going, and this win is a big gain in confidence for him.

yeah

Schippke
Schippke

If this proves one thing, the Championship is not only over for Charles (and Ferrari) due to the last few races of reliability concerns, but to strategy calls that aren't being made and sloppy decision making when it counts.

How Charles was treated today throughout the race was unacceptable; Being held up so long at the beginning, despite damages, then not pitting under safety car... as soon as that Alpine had come to a stop on track, any strategist in Ferrari's position should've been screaming to prepare for a double-stack.

Whilst I'm happy for Sainz to win, the wrong driver won... through very little fault of his own. Sadly, Ferrari threw away a 1,2 on a golden opportunity to try and claw some points back on Red Bull and Max.

Final point... now we've got Mercedes coming into the mix; Let alone worrying about finishing 3rd/4th on days Red Bull is too strong (and more are coming)... we'll have to worry about 5th/6th.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Alonsismo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:21
cmooooooon

great win for sainz.

sainz comeback is still going, and this win is a big gain in confidence for him.

yeah
This raced proved why he will never be a serious contender. Slower than Leclerc despite the latter having damage and also made a sloppy mistake the moment he was under pressure.

ringo

I do not think you guys are seeing the big picture.
Ferrari did the right thing. Give Sainz his win. And after this no more gifts!
Striaght focus on Charles.
If they asked Sainz to give up P-1 that would damage the team spirit and especially Sainz side of the garage for the whole season. Giving him this win will boost team moralle and also calm him down and you will have a more confident and competitive Sainz.
Leclerc knows he is better, so doesn't lose much today. Binnotto just need promise him from here on out they are fully behind him.
Sainz just got exposed as a slower driver completely today. He is just not on the highest level to be champion.
He can learn from this and go do his homework.
For Sure!!

JPower
JPower

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:46
Alonsismo wrote:
cmooooooon

great win for sainz.

yeah
This raced proved why he will never be a serious contender. Slower than Leclerc despite the latter having damage and also made a sloppy mistake the moment he was under pressure.
Another Sainz will never? Let’s list the ones I’ve heard since he’s signed.

Sainz will never:

- Outqualify Leclerc
- Handle Ferrari politics
- Get an extension at Ferrari
- Outscore Leclerc
- Win a race at Ferrari

Its not that serious. Let’s lay off the prediction making.

Xyz22
Xyz22

JPower wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:05
Xyz22 wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
cmooooooon

great win for sainz.

yeah

Sainz will never:

- Outqualify Leclerc
- Outscore Leclerc
- Win a race at Ferrari

I always try to judge the performance. Sainz performance today wasn't very good, like every races this year bar Canada.

He still got the win so congrats to him.

Big Tea

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:13
JPower wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

Sainz will never:

- Outqualify Leclerc
- Outscore Leclerc
- Win a race at Ferrari

I always try to judge the performance. Sainz performance today wasn't very good, like every races this year bar Canada.

You don't have to be perfect, just good enough
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Big Tea wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:15
Xyz22 wrote:
JPower wrote:

Sainz will never:

- Outqualify Leclerc
- Outscore Leclerc
- Win a race at Ferrari

Or lucky the team doesn't --- your strategy...

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:00
I do not think you guys are seeing the big picture.
Ferrari did the right thing. Give Sainz his win. And after this no more gifts!
Striaght focus on Charles.
If they asked Sainz to give up P-1 that would damage the team spirit and especially Sainz side of the garage for the whole season. Giving him this win will boost team moralle and also calm him down and you will have a more confident and competitive Sainz.
Leclerc knows he is better, so doesn't lose much today. Binnotto just need promise him from here on out they are fully behind him.
Sainz just got exposed as a slower driver completely today. He is just not on the highest level to be champion.
He can learn from this and go do his homework.
In my opinion, Ferrari's blunder today wasn't which driver won - but that they managed to fail to maximize points! It doesn't matter who wins all that much if it was a 1-2. Their title rivals were out of the picture completely and they barely gained any points in both championship.

ringo

Saniz has beaten Leclerc over a season. So it is possible. It is just very unlikely. I will not condemn him.
Right now he is just not fast enough. Maybe he needs to learn some new skills. I am no karter, so I don't know what it takes for a driver to increase his skills, or if it is down to God given talent. I have no idea, but what I do know is Leclerc is blessed with astonishing amount of talent compared to Carlos. If Button can beat Lewis, and Ricciardo Max, then sure Sainz can be champion.

Can Ferrari catch Verstappen?
All being well Max would have had another win today.
For Sure!!

Big Tea

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:16
Big Tea wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:15
Xyz22 wrote:

Or lucky the team doesn't --- your strategy...
Yes, that'll do it every time :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.