2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mateo

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Wouter

Qualifying Alonso P7! =D> Lets do this tomorrow!!

The Power of Dreams!

Alonso Fan

Decent quali considering conditions other than Ocon having a battery issue
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

max_speed

This was i think most competitive race from alpine in season. Refering to the article posted before , it looks like update they brought solved tyres related problem (hard in today's race was hardest tyre from pirelli this season). Alpine was on par with Norris in phase-1 , gap stayed constant in range of (1.3 to 2 seconds) and in 2md phase on hard , story was same and when softs came Alpine was faster than Mclaren. Very happy with Alonso and strategy. I wished a bit more hoping Alonso will overtake hamilton and lecrec in end but it was just the case of me being too greedy. Ocon was bit unlucky.

Michelangelo

Strong pace today. I even hoped for a podium when those three came close on the final laps.

renault rs26

max_speed wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:50
This was i think most competitive race from alpine in season. Refering to the article posted before , it looks like update they brought solved tyres related problem (hard in today's race was hardest tyre from pirelli this season). Alpine was on par with Norris in phase-1 , gap stayed constant in range of (1.3 to 2 seconds) and in 2md phase on hard , story was same and when softs came Alpine was faster than Mclaren. Very happy with Alonso and strategy. I wished a bit more hoping Alonso will overtake hamilton and lecrec in end but it was just the case of me being too greedy. Ocon was bit unlucky.
I think Canada was better, clearly ahead of midfild, fighting with Mercedes, only issues with engine and strategy cost Alonso better place. I'm guessing Monza will be best race for Alpine.

Alonso Fan

Solid race. Finally a representative showing for alonso. Fuel pump issue for ocon meant an easy double points was lost. Also great work for the mechanics to replace the track rod in time
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Mr Alcatraz

Fred :::::

Brilliant.......simply brilliant!

Brilliant.......simply brilliant

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

AR3-GP

Is the fuel pump issue related to the pre-season supplier issue?

Michelangelo

I guess we can call the update a good step forward. I’d say Fernando would’ve pulled away from Norris if he ended up ahead at the start. They were clearly the 4th fastest team out there this weekend. One bad thing is another reliability issue for one of the cars, avoiding an issue free weekend.

The Prodigy

Michelangelo wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 09:22
I guess we can call the update a good step forward. I’d say Fernando would’ve pulled away from Norris if he ended up ahead at the start. They were clearly the 4th fastest team out there this weekend. One bad thing is another reliability issue for one of the cars, avoiding an issue free weekend.
But the fact that Alonso could not overtake Leclerc on old tires shows us that Alpine is still far away from the top Teams.

Nevertheless - the Update is a good step forward and it looks like the Car is a very good foundation.

draghixa

The Prodigy wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 13:00
Michelangelo wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 09:22
But the fact that Alonso could not overtake Leclerc on old tires shows us that Alpine is still far away from the top Teams.

Nevertheless - the Update is a good step forward and it looks like the Car is a very good foundation.
I think they didn't have enough dry track time to test and fine tune the set up for new upgrade, not surprising Ocon was a bit slower than Alonso, you know this old guy can drive anything fast with four wheels.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 03:08
I seem to remember that there was no fuel pump supplier issue. It was a RBR fuel pump user issue.

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 14:46
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 03:08
I seem to remember that there was no fuel pump supplier issue. It was a RBR fuel pump user issue.
I'm not talking about RB's fuel pump issue.

I'm talking about the supplier issue that was reported by AMUS that affected many teams and led to reduced running in Barcelona.
The teams and the FIA are worried about fuel delivery. The main pump from the catchtank into the high-pressure pump is a standard part built by Marelli since this year. During the tests, some teams had problems with the electronics, which were cast in a resin box next to the pump. Cracks developed. This allowed petrol to penetrate and destroy the electronics. Allegedly, this was the reason why hardly any race distances were covered during the tests. After qualifying, some teams asked the FIA to check the pumps. The request was granted, of course. Nothing would be more embarrassing than a mass death because of this part.
- AMUS

Kaklaman

Really good race, probably best showing since Jeddah. Reliability still an issue but all of the reliability problems seems like something small is leading to a big problem unlike Ferrari problems where the engine just stops, hopefully the team can get on top of it quickly. I think there's more pace to he found with the new upgrades. Austria should be a good track for us, sectors 2 and 3 at least, alpine's low traction could be a problem in sector 1 though. Sprint race weekend, hopefully now that the race pace seems on par or just below qualifying pace, the sprint shouldn't hurt the team as much as it did in imola.