2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Watto

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Probably explains why the car was struggling as above would be interesting to see where it was stuck if they could have removed it if they knew about it then,

TNTHead

Watto wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 03:37
Probably explains why the car was struggling as above would be interesting to see where it was stuck if they could have removed it if they knew about it then,
For me the question is whether some of the underfloor tunnels were only stuck with this peace of AT car or that it really damaged the underfloor. In the first case may be they could have removed it during a pit stop with a more thorough inspection of the underside.

gandharva

TNTHead wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 17:43
Watto wrote:
For me the question is whether some of the underfloor tunnels were only stuck with this peace of AT car or that it really damaged the underfloor. In the first case may be they could have removed it during a pit stop with a more thorough inspection of the underside.
Big damage. Max lost 50% rear downforce.
“When I jumped out of the car I had a look at the floor and underneath, on the left hand side, it is completely ruptured, everything is gone”

silver

gandharva wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 17:53
TNTHead wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 17:43
Watto wrote:
Big damage. Max lost 50% rear downforce.
“When I jumped out of the car I had a look at the floor and underneath, on the left hand side, it is completely ruptured, everything is gone”
Verstappen would have probably disappeared in a distance if not for the 1st lap incident. That car looked immense in practice with the ease with which lap time was coming for him.

chrisc90

Spoutnik wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 20:30
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess he has a very valid point. Charles, and Perez is Max's main rivals this year. Nobody else will come close.

ispano6

Didn't the Canadian GP marshals wave a yellow flag to pick up a soda can on the track? Yet the Silverstone marshals/stewards neglected to VSC for a massive piece of carbon that at least one driver called out?

Also a lot of F1 news outlets were talking about a front wing end plate, but as Gasly mentioned after the race he got a black and orange flag for his rear wing end plate coming off. In any case Yuki pretty much messed up 3/4 of the Red Bull driver's British GP- hope he learned from his error (I'm sure Marko had his say)

chrisc90

Do we have an onboard of Max smashing into half a Alpha Tauri yet?

AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 22:06
Didn't the Canadian GP marshals wave a yellow flag to pick up a soda can on the track? Yet the Silverstone marshals/stewards neglected to VSC for a massive piece of carbon that at least one driver called out?

Also a lot of F1 news outlets were talking about a front wing end plate, but as Gasly mentioned after the race he got a black and orange flag for his rear wing end plate coming off. In any case Yuki pretty much messed up 3/4 of the Red Bull driver's British GP- hope he learned from his error (I'm sure Marko had his say)
It was black and probably hard to spot given how far away the marshall stands are.

Sevach

silver wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 18:42
Verstappen would have probably disappeared in a distance if not for the 1st lap incident. That car looked immense in practice with the ease with which lap time was coming for him.
First start ended up Max, Carlos, Hamilton, Leclerc(healthy car), with the Carlos road block helping i believe Max would indeed disappear into the distance and make his 2 stopper work.

Sieper

Yup, a hard one to swallow for a Max fan, but that is how it goes. After 3 races I thought the season would not materialize at all.

napoleon1981

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 02:03
That's a massive and very visible chunk of carbon.
If you hold it like that, yes very visible. On a track in a corner not necessarily. He did see it, but too late to change direction.

In a racecar you sometimes commit to a line early, and then there is little you can do to just drive around something. He decided to hit it head on which now with the raised wings didnt work.

silver

napoleon1981 wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 14:17
PlatinumZealot wrote:
If you hold it like that, yes very visible. On a track in a corner not necessarily. He did see it, but too late to change direction.

In a racecar you sometimes commit to a line early, and then there is little you can do to just drive around something. He decided to hit it head on which now with the raised wings didnt work.
Where did he pick it? I thought it was at the start of hangar straight when he overtook Sainz as Sainz came back on track and Verstappen ran a bit wide on the kerbs there.

SirBastianVettel

silver wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 17:09
Where did he pick it? I thought it was at the start of hangar straight when he overtook Sainz as Sainz came back on track and Verstappen ran a bit wide on the kerbs there.
He said turn 5.

PlatinumZealot

napoleon1981 wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 14:17
PlatinumZealot wrote:

That's a bit unfortuante for him. Depends on where he drove over it he could have just lifted. Was a give away race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏