What happens in 2021 stays in 2021

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hollus

What happens in 2021 stays in 2021

A thread to collect repetitive posts about 2021 events that have been discussed many, many times before.
It is not meant to collect all 2021 related posts, only those that are (were) blocking other threads and that discuss nothing new.
Rivals, not enemies.

PlatinumZealot

Re: What happens in 2021 stays in 2021

I hope this thread dies a terrible death. :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

It will if people stop posting about 2021….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

organic

Well lucky you made this thread, as the can of worms that is 2021 Silverstone was reopened post-race.

Lewis' quote post-race has now been responded to by Max Verstappen

Lewis' quote:
"Charles did a great job, what a great battle. He is a very sensible driver, clearly a lot different to what I experienced last year," Hamilton told Sky Sports after the race.

"At Copse for example, the two of us went through there with no problem. What a battle. Really, really amazing weekend."
Max's response (translated):
"I think it's great that, when you are 37 years old, at some point you understand how to reach the apex. So he does learn."
Thankfully this can be kept out of team threads. Putting this here to aid the quarantining

Stu

organic wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 17:57
Well lucky you made this thread, as the can of worms that is 2021 Silverstone was reopened post-race.

Lewis' quote:
"Charles did a great job, what a great battle. He is a very sensible driver, clearly a lot different to what I experienced last year," Hamilton told Sky Sports after the race.

"At Copse for example, the two of us went through there with no problem. What a battle. Really, really amazing weekend."
"I think it's great that, when you are 37 years old, at some point you understand how to reach the apex. So he does learn."
Thankfully this can be kept out of team threads. Putting this here to aid the quarantining
Touché!!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

chrisc90

organic wrote:

Lewis' quote:

HAHAHA, absolutely brilliant. Even reading that you can just imagine Max saying it in his usual tone.

Thats absolute hook line and sinker. Touché!

Wouter

organic wrote:

Lewis' quote:

In addition:
"I think it's pretty amazing that at 37 years old, you know how to do an apex. He is learning, so that is positive.
It is also positive for young drivers that you keep learning when you are 37 years old. I think it's good that he has found the apex now.

"You can clearly see in the footage what was different. I think Charles gave him less space than I did last year, so that says it all.
In the end he was the one who got a penalty last year, so you don't need to talk about that anymore either."

With his comments Hamilton has brought up a matter that was long closed and that just before a race where 60,000 Dutch people are expected. It could lead to the boos this weekend that were also audible at Silverstone, but in reverse.
"He has to live with that," Verstappen said coolly. "I think it's a bit churlish. But ultimately that has nothing to do with my performance.
I just need to concentrate on what we're doing here and I think we're doing pretty well this year. That's what I'm working on."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The Power of Dreams!

wogx

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

Max Verstappen responds with laughter to HAM's comments after #BritishGP that LEC would be a wiser driver as now 2 drivers could get through Copse: "It is positive that as a driver at 37 you can still learn how to pass an apex..." #F1 #AustianGP
:lol:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Just_a_fan

wogx wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 22:13

Max Verstappen responds with laughter to HAM's comments after #BritishGP that LEC would be a wiser driver as now 2 drivers could get through Copse: "It is positive that as a driver at 37 you can still learn how to pass an apex..." #F1 #AustianGP
Max should note that the only person not able to go through Copse with Lewis is him. Lesson to learn, Max. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

Max is the only person unable to share Copse with Lewis. That suggests that the problem is with Max, not Lewis. #-o

silver

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 02:38
Max is the only person unable to share Copse with Lewis. That suggests that the problem is with Max, not Lewis. #-o
Officials thought otherwise.

silver

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 02:28
wogx wrote:

Max should note that the only person not able to go through Copse with Lewis is him. Lesson to learn, Max. :lol:
Like Verstappen said, finally Hamilton learnt how to hit apex, which was what Officials found was lagging last year. :)

Just_a_fan

silver wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 03:05
Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 02:38
Officials thought otherwise.
The only crash was when Max was involved. Doesn't matter about officials - the fact is Lewis has been through Copse with other drivers without crashing. Only one turned in.

Just_a_fan

silver wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 03:07
Just_a_fan wrote:
wogx wrote:

Like Verstappen said, finally Hamilton learnt how to hit apex, which was what Officials found was lagging last year. :)
A. No requirement to hit an apex
B. The contact was before the apex

silver

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 03:24
silver wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 03:07
Just_a_fan wrote:

A. No requirement to hit an apex
B. The contact was before the apex
Sorry, zero interest in dragging a dead story further in this thread.