2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
El_KaPpa

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Hammerfist wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 20:14
Lewis damaged his suspension when gasly hit him at the start. Toto thinks there is more pace to be had from him tomorrow

George is running a barn door wing which is different to his qualifying wing so that explains why he was so much slower than the leading pack.
Where did u read about the suspension and pace.
Of course I struggle. I just don’t quit.

Hammerfist

El_KaPpa wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 20:36
Hammerfist wrote:
Lewis damaged his suspension when gasly hit him at the start. Toto thinks there is more pace to be had from him tomorrow

George is running a barn door wing which is different to his qualifying wing so that explains why he was so much slower than the leading pack.
Where did u read about the suspension and pace.

Rodak

Hammerfist wrote:
How can he run a different wing? It's parc ferme after qualifying; if you break it don't you have to replace with the same piece? Also, it would seem suspension settings would have to be the same as in qualifying.

pursue_one's

Rodak wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 00:38
Hammerfist wrote:
How can he run a different wing? It's parc ferme after qualifying; if you break it don't you have to replace with the same piece? Also, it would seem suspension settings would have to be the same as in qualifying.

Exceptionally, at an event where a sprint session is scheduled, replacement parts that are different in design will be permitted provided that the part is of a specification that has been used previously in a qualifying practice session or a race.

Hammerfist

Rodak wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 00:38
Hammerfist wrote:

From what i understand they didnt have another wing of the same spec. In that case i assume you are allowed to swap with a different spec.

No idea why youre talking about suspension settings. They said it was damaged.

mstar

lewis had race leader pace this weekend, upto the crash, but with the lack of new spec RW I think merc are now resigned to finish 5th and 6th. Anyone know of lewis is using less DF than George?

pursue_one's

mstar wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 08:42
lewis had race leader pace this weekend, upto the crash, but with the lack of new spec RW I think merc are now resigned to finish 5th and 6th. Anyone know of lewis is using less DF than George?

pursue_one's

Both Mercedes cars have some damage at the floor in Sprint
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... /10335986/

pursue_one's wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 10:39
Both Mercedes cars have some damage at the floor in Sprint
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... /10335986/
Always the case on this track.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

De Jokke

Crappy aero
draggy car
difficulties warming up the tyres

man, what a mess Eliott made of this car.
To be honest, looking at how they struggle to get this car in the right direction, I'm not expecting too much of W14.

ps: to be honest, it's better that they crashed here than in France (as the car should be better there)
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Mansell89

I thought Lewis looked okay yesterday but I thought it was telling that the traction level versus RBR and Ferrari was that bit less.

I’d wager that Merc are now closely matched with them on high speed corners, but not quite there at low speed traction out of corner?

Still, signs that it’s coming together

chrisc90

Did anyone notice the merc looking a bit twitchy around turn 6? Couple times on the camera angle of turn 7 up the hill could see the rear moving. Probably on the limit

Tvetovnato

De Jokke wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 12:59
Crappy aero
draggy car
difficulties warming up the tyres

man, what a mess Eliott made of this car.
To be honest, looking at how they struggle to get this car in the right direction, I'm not expecting too much of W14.

ps: to be honest, it's better that they crashed here than in France (as the car should be better there)
The pace Lewis had when he got past Sch/Mag/Oco says something else though. At the end of stint 1 he was faster than the Ferraris, so without that shunt in Q he would be in it for real. More to come still, France should be even better.

rickybobbyf1

I can’t deal with the slow pit stops. Both were slow for Ham today! They need to practice that more for sure. Hopefully they go better in France.

Hammerfist

Yeah the crashes in qualifying and the Russell damage at the start ruined their weekend. Race pace wasn't bad at all, especially the first stint for Lewis. They might have beaten Max today, who had horrid degradation on almost all his stints. They are catching up. I could feel a win is coming sooner than later.