Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Stu

Re: Introduce yourself here

NicoS wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:22
Hi
I'm also new.
Hi Nico, tell us a bit about yourself. How long have you been following F1?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

NicoS

Stu wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:39
NicoS wrote:
Hi
I'm also new.
Since Phoenix GP 1990... then took some time off over last 4 years.
hoping for some excitement again.
Not interested in fan dynamics, I like cars. But FIA have watered down cars very significantly! lets hope we get excitement again!

Stu

NicoS wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:45
Stu wrote:
NicoS wrote:
Hi
I'm also new.
Not interested in fan dynamics, I like cars. But FIA have watered down cars very significantly! lets hope we get excitement again!
The Alesi move on Senna?
I want excitement, not excrement….
Welcome aboard Nico.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

NicoS

Stu wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:49
NicoS wrote:
Stu wrote:

The Alesi move on Senna?
Welcome aboard Nico.
Yes I was in my teens, My mother still watched the race with me. in my time zone it was late evening. My mother became instant Alesi fan.

Stu

NicoS wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:55
Stu wrote:
NicoS wrote:

The Alesi move on Senna?
Welcome aboard Nico.
Yes I was in my teens, My mother still watched the race with me. in my time zone it was late evening. My mother became instant Alesi fan.
Alesi was an absolute demon, very underrated. Loved him as a racer.

NicoS

Stu wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 20:15
NicoS wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 19:55
Stu wrote:

The Alesi move on Senna?
Welcome aboard Nico.
Alesi was an absolute demon, very underrated. Loved him as a racer.
Yip, and Murray walker always referred to him as "Jean Alesi, the French Sicilian" He always had to remind us of that... for some reason!
Just a petty that Ferrari was such a mess back then. Alesi had real potential!

MKRaven

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone will read this but... yeah let's do this :) .

I am Marcin (or Martin if you prefer) from Poland. I've been into cars, racing, engineering and machinery since I can remember. It all started when I was 8 years old, when I begin racing with R/C cars. R/C racing ended when I was 18, but it shaped me a lot. R/C cars gave me passion for mechanics, cars and engineering. In general to everything that is designed and made by humanity, especially if it moves :D . This passion resulted in who I am, as I chose to go to University and get degree from Mechanical Engineering.

So here I am - now with my own family, but still racing and engineering fan, going to races and much passionate about all the eng. stuff behind. In part time doing also MSc. concentrating on Computer Aided Engineering (so FEA and CFD). Also working as an mechanical engineer, doing some simulations, but not exactly in automotive or racing business ;) .

And that is in general who I am. Been reading this forum for years now, it is time to become a member I think.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP

cheers from germany,

I had a problem when I created my new account because I usually use SICK AL everywhere but I couldnt take this one. Sick Al didnt work too so I thought I created an account with this name here a while back. most time I just had a look here for long years in hardware and development and some other tech topics. could one of our admins and or mods have a look if ya have some minutes left and help me to figure out what went wrong? I would like to change my name to Sick Al or SICK AL but didnt find a way how to get it done yet...

btw. I follow motorsports since early age but I dont prefer a special driver or team, I like most of them and sometimes some I like less than others. I would also prefer an open reglement, limited over budget per car and season and love to see tons of genius stuff and inventions we literally missed over decades. who knows how some crazy ideas would have change our lifes maybe? so Im not the biggest fan of rules, laws and limits but of course I respect natural law and physics and some other weird stuff. on the other hand I love good old raw and easy power on hot rods, choppers, kustoms etc. but am also not a fan of all the modern electro stuff everywhere. no tv, no radio for almost 20 years, no wifi, I dont even use a fridge since around 7 or 8 years and am online with my BlackBerry which I use as a modem for my Thinkpad. some people use to say that they cant live without tv. I just always answer that without tv, life really starts to begin.

however, my favorite part of this forum is all the tech and clean structure. also didnt figure out how to upload a picture from my laptop or mobile. maybe somebody can answer one or both questions.

thx! nice to see so many different concepts this season

hollus

This is as good a place as any to drop a link to this thread, better than most, actually:

How to post a picture

I can see your old user name, @Sick, I'll contact whoever can reset that account. Keep an eye on your email.
Rivals, not enemies.

prettysugar

Hi everyone,

I am from Serbia but not live in there. Last 10 years I am following f1 races. I also like Ferrari but hope, this year will be champ.
Life is good :)

AB_de_Vettel

Hello, F1 fan here since 2015. Massive Vettel fan, support Ferrari as well. Hugely interested in the technical side of the sport as well - have a fair grasp of the basics and hoping to learn the more complex details through this forum. Hoping to become an engineer in the future so this forum looked great.

Also started following WRC recently, loving it, and endurance racing to a lesser extent as well, given all the new changes there.
Keeping the past alive and building the future are one and the same thing

mitodriver

Hello everyone, nice to join this forum. I have been reading along on this forum since 2019 and from now on hope to join in discussions on this forum sometimes. I have been F1 fan since 1992. I am mainly an F1 fan and enjoy the battle between the drivers. I enjoy the new rules and hope that besides Red Bull and Ferrari there will be 1 or 2 teams competing at the front soon. That will make the excitement and enjoyment of a race greater.
-.-- --- ..- .-- .. .-.. .-.. --- -. .-.. -.-- ... . . .. - .-- .... . -. -.-- --- ..- --. . - .. -

Soalar

Hi everyone

My name is Nicola from the Netherlands, Italian roots so lately I've been feeling torn ( having to much to cheer for) :D . My first memories of formula one are from watching it with my dad, who is off course a massive Ferrari fan. Something I exploit every time RB wins, especially if it's Max, I'm half Dutch after all.

I've been feeling compelled to make this account after being happily reading along in the background for years now. Not perse to start interacting on this forum, more a way to get something of my chest.

And that's about the bickering and sly comments in the comments. It's.something that is really noticeable in the last year or two, and it's not especially nice to read. It was a lot better not that long ago. It feels that now everything devolves into some fanboyish argument that nobody will ever win.

Or am I the only one in that is noticing this? In that case, I stand corrected.

Big Tea

Soalar wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 23:18
Hi everyone

My name is Nicola from the Netherlands, Italian roots so lately I've been feeling torn ( having to much to cheer for) :D . My first memories of formula one are from watching it with my dad, who is off course a massive Ferrari fan. Something I exploit every time RB wins, especially if it's Max, I'm half Dutch after all.

I've been feeling compelled to make this account after being happily reading along in the background for years now. Not perse to start interacting on this forum, more a way to get something of my chest.

And that's about the bickering and sly comments in the comments. It's.something that is really noticeable in the last year or two, and it's not especially nice to read. It was a lot better not that long ago. It feels that now everything devolves into some fanboyish argument that nobody will ever win.

You do not have to follow just one driver or just one team. There are many of us here who are F1 fans, even if some lean a little more to one team or driver than the others.

Welcome aboard.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Stu

Soalar wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 23:18
Hi everyone

Welcome Nicola, you are not the only one noticing.