IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
CMSMJ1

Re: IndyCar Series

Was a decent race. Some of the less experienced guys banged it in the wall which goes to show that a few hours of left, left, left, left is harder than it looks.

Scott Dixon should have had that though - he was lairy onto the pit lane and that shot the fox.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

johnny comelately

Really worth the watch, it relates a little to F1 Monaco this year with the rain delay, safety, legends like Penske/, Donohue etc. Might have seen Chapman there. Offys, wings and speed

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach

Win number 52 for Scott Dixon, tying him to Mario Andretti in second place for most wins in Indycar, congratulations to the best of his generation.

AJ Foyt leads with 67, btw.

mwillems

Alex is now being sued by Chip Gnassi Racing as they believe he still has a contract with them, which they extended to the next year and apparently attributed a quote to him, as if he were part of the extension process, which he denies. He claims he informed the team he was leaving at the end of the year.

https://the-race.com/indycar/ganassi-be ... nst-palou/
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

trinidefender

Anyone on here still following Indycar? I watch it occasionally, mostly as a McLaren fan transplant.

Mostly posting this to hopefully bring the topic up to the top of the list to generate some discussion

djos

No, unfortunately I’m Australia it changed from the Kayo sports streaming service to the Stan service. I’m not paying for yet another darn steaming service for one Sport.
"In downforce we trust"

Swed3121

trinidefender wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 20:46
Anyone on here still following Indycar? I watch it occasionally, mostly as a McLaren fan transplant.

Mostly posting this to hopefully bring the topic up to the top of the list to generate some discussion
Looks like McLaren will be running 4 tribute cars at the Indy 500 this year.
3 of which being a tribute to a significant triple crown victory. 1 each of the Ueno Clinic F1 GTR, Malboro McLaren MP4/2 and the Papaya M16C/D.
The fourth driven by TK will be a tribute to the Triple crown itself.
Can’t say I’m not looking forward to a red and white AMSP indycar

Swed3121

djos wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 00:00
No, unfortunately I’m Australia it changed from the Kayo sports streaming service to the Stan service. I’m not paying for yet another darn steaming service for one Sport.
If your willing to exploit some grey areas, you can access IndycarLive through a VPN service or there Is normally a link to a live stream of the race on The r/indycar race thread on Reddit

mclaren111

trinidefender wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 20:46

I follow it & I like Indycar... Like it more now that Mclaren are there & 2023 got of to a good start for us...

Sadly too expensive to stream live in South Africa... Our currency is $1 = R19...

basti313

Well, you can nicely follow via youtube. The highlights they post are actually very good and usually more than enough. Especially last race in Texas...live it was sooo much time of nothing happening and cautions. Highlights is much better to watch.
Don`t russel the hamster!

mclaren111

basti313 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:58
Well, you can nicely follow via youtube. The highlights they post are actually very good and usually more than enough. Especially last race in Texas...live it was sooo much time of nothing happening and cautions. Highlights is much better to watch.

Ovals yes, but normal race tracks are very nice to watch live... Each to his own...

djos

mclaren111 wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 09:39
basti313 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:58

Ovals yes, but normal race tracks are very nice to watch live... Each to his own...
Yeah I like to watch a whole event too.
"In downforce we trust"

mclaren111

This weekend is Long Beach which is usually very interesting & eventful... :D :D