2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Alonso makes a bizarre statement. Surely it is Alpine's own fault for not building a winning car and Alonso should blame the team rather than the sport for only four cars being contenders?
Unfortunately, Formula 1 is still very predictable. I don't know any other sport like that. But it's still too boring, even if this is a feature of Formula 1. There will always be teams that are faster than others. We are not fighting for victories, and I don't think the situation will improve quickly.
Piastri's career is not a priority for Alonso either:
I look at the situation differently. If you are slow, then you are standing in the way of rising talents and should step aside. But I think it is drivers other than me who are blocking this fresh blood.
With no announcement on a Piastri-Williams deal, you have to imagine Alpine are considering placing Piastri directly into the Alpine team. That would save money and develop their future driver, no? Otherwise they would have to release Piastri from his Alpine contract if they cannot find an F1 drive anywhere for him, which they may still choose to do, that's up to them if they consider Piastri subpar and not up to being an Alpine Grand Prix driver at any stage.

Reference: https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula ... do-alonso/

Andres125sx

JordanMugen wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 00:17
Alonso makes a bizarre statement. Surely it is Alpine's own fault for not building a winning car and Alonso should blame the team rather than the sport for only four cars being contenders?
Unfortunately, Formula 1 is still very predictable. I don't know any other sport like that. But it's still too boring, even if this is a feature of Formula 1. There will always be teams that are faster than others. We are not fighting for victories, and I don't think the situation will improve quickly.
I look at the situation differently. If you are slow, then you are standing in the way of rising talents and should step aside. But I think it is drivers other than me who are blocking this fresh blood.
With no announcement on a Piastri-Williams deal, you have to imagine Alpine are considering placing Piastri directly into the Alpine team. That would save money and develop their future driver, no? Otherwise they would have to release Piastri from his Alpine contract if they cannot find an F1 drive anywhere for him, which they may still choose to do, that's up to them if they consider Piastri subpar and not up to being an Alpine Grand Prix driver at any stage.

The bizarre statement is yours I´m afraid...

What do you find bizarre from Alonso´s one? F1 is not predictable in your opinion with only two cars fighting for victories?

And you know some driver, from any category, whose priority is the career of a different driver? :roll:

Both statements from Alonso are perfectly normal, not sure what would you expect from him

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 12:10
JordanMugen wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 00:17

The bizarre statement is yours I´m afraid...

What do you find bizarre from Alonso´s one? F1 is not predictable in your opinion with only two cars fighting for victories?

And you know some driver, from any category, whose priority is the career of a different driver? :roll:

Both statements from Alonso are perfectly normal, not sure what would you expect from him
It's only a team short coming if you believe "the team" has the same opportunities as the other teams. Alpine came out and said that they were at their max budget right now! That they don't have any more money to increase the budget. F1 ignores that and increases the budget for 2022 by almost 5 million. That will make it harder for Alpine to keep up/catch up cause they don't have that extra 5 million. From that perspective, the problem is F1.

peewon

" I wasn't in the team when Fernando was signed . Here he has all the atmosphere, the atmosphere, the employees and the car he needs," said a dry Szafnauer, adding that "I think we will have one of the three best cars in two years". Since he arrived from Aston Martin, his relationship with Alonso is almost zero.

While with Alonso it's all coldness, and it's not the first time this season, for Piastri he has devotion. "Oscar already has potential for Formula 1. We haven't made a decision on the second driver yet, but I have no doubt that Piastri is ready ."

Fernando Alonso is quite clear: "Alpine is my priority, but I can't put a gun to their heads to renew ,"
Dont know how reliable a source this is but it seems to be quoting people directly so, if true, doesnt seem like Alonso renewal is likely. Which is also the direction it seemed to be heading to me based on Alonso's comments and the time taken to work out a deal...

https://www.motorpasion.com/formula1/je ... o-ficharon

Alonso Fan

peewon wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 12:00
" I wasn't in the team when Fernando was signed . Here he has all the atmosphere, the atmosphere, the employees and the car he needs," said a dry Szafnauer, adding that "I think we will have one of the three best cars in two years". Since he arrived from Aston Martin, his relationship with Alonso is almost zero.

While with Alonso it's all coldness, and it's not the first time this season, for Piastri he has devotion. "Oscar already has potential for Formula 1. We haven't made a decision on the second driver yet, but I have no doubt that Piastri is ready ."

Fernando Alonso is quite clear: "Alpine is my priority, but I can't put a gun to their heads to renew ,"
Dont know how reliable a source this is but it seems to be quoting people directly so, if true, doesnt seem like Alonso renewal is likely. Which is also the direction it seemed to be heading to me based on Alonso's comments and the time taken to work out a deal...

Will not believe it till I see an official announcement. I think it's one of the worst kept secrets in the paddock right now that alonso is expected to do another 2 year deal with alpine. Likely won't be announced until the summer break though
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

Good video about alonsos lost points this year
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 12:36
peewon wrote:

Will not believe it till I see an official announcement. I think it's one of the worst kept secrets in the paddock right now that alonso is expected to do another 2 year deal with alpine. Likely won't be announced until the summer break though
The only part of that article that is true is that both parties want to wait till the summer break. When you realise that, you understand the rest of the article is filler.

Alonsismo

Otmar have to go out of the team.
he is very toxic

peewon

diffuser wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 13:52
Alonso Fan wrote:
peewon wrote:

The only part of that article that is true is that both parties want to wait till the summer break. When you realise that, you understand the rest of the article is filler.
Alonso has been making statements about 'feeling young' and wanting to race for 2-3 years more since last season which I felt as odd and almost a message that he wants out there. Earlier it was reported that both sides were going to negotiate during the break. Now its after the break. Usually when negotiations keep getting pushed, its a sign of disagreement. The quotes attributed to both Otmar and Alonso seem a bit more substantial (if true) than being mere filler.

JordanMugen

Alonso Fan wrote:
Piastri's deal has to be the priority. If Alpine cannot find a placement for Piastri, then Alpine have no choice but to put Piastri in the Alpine. :)

Unlike Alonso to which Alpine have no obligation, Piastri is however under contract to Alpine. It is certainly a pressing matter that Piastri's Formula 1 drive at Alpine or elsewhere be announced promptly.

Alonsismo wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 14:00
he is very toxic
:roll:

Otmar is a fine team principal. Otmar rightly notes that an F1 drive must be found for Piastri, while it is Alonso who seems selfishly interested in only his own drive and less so about finding a drive for Piastri.

diffuser wrote:
First and foremost Piastri's drive needs to be settled. If Alpine can't find a F1 drive elsewhere for Piastri, then Piastri will be the Alpine driver and there is no vacancy at Alpine for Alonso to fill as such. Otmar makes clear that Piastri is ready to be an Alpine F1 driver.

SchuMassa

JordanMugen wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 23:24
Alonso Fan wrote:
Piastri's deal has to be the priority. If Alpine cannot find a placement for Piastri, then Alpine have no choice but to put Piastri in the Alpine. :)

Unlike Alonso to which Alpine have no obligation, Piastri is however under contract to Alpine. It is certainly a pressing matter that Piastri's Formula 1 drive at Alpine or elsewhere be announced promptly.

Alonsismo wrote:
he is very toxic

Otmar is a fine team principal. Otmar rightly notes that an F1 drive must be found for Piastri, while it is Alonso who seems selfishly interested in only his own drive and less so about finding a drive for Piastri.

diffuser wrote:
First and foremost Piastri's drive needs to be settled. If Alpine can't find a F1 drive elsewhere for Piastri, then Piastri will be the Alpine driver and there is no vacancy at Alpine for Alonso to fill as such. Otmar makes clear that Piastri is ready to be an Alpine F1 driver.
Each and every driver is "selfishly interested in only his own drive" - expecting anything else would be an outstanding example of naivity. Criticizing Alonso for making such statement is unjust.
As a matter of fact, the quote you are indirectly referring to was not addressed to Piastri but to his [Alonso's] criticizers, who go on about his age all the time. Of course, age is not - and for any reasonable team manager, it should not be - completely irrelevant. However, Alonso has been showcasing exceptional speed and competitiveness this season, he has a point there.

Alonso Fan

SchuMassa wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 00:01
JordanMugen wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Alonsismo wrote:
he is very toxic

diffuser wrote:
Each and every driver is "selfishly interested in only his own drive" - expecting anything else would be an outstanding example of naivity. Criticizing Alonso for making such statement is unjust.
As a matter of fact, the quote you are indirectly referring to was not addressed to Piastri but to his [Alonso's] criticizers, who go on about his age all the time. Of course, age is not - and for any reasonable team manager, it should not be - completely irrelevant. However, Alonso has been showcasing exceptional speed and competitiveness this season, he has a point there.
I think piastri is set for Williams or mclaren next year. The delay in his announcement may be down to the fact they are trying harder for a mclaren seat. I heard Williams is already fully down for piastri. But if mclaren are open to negotiations (remember ricciardos recent comments) then this could delay a deal. Obviously all speculation at this point but based on credible sources at least about the Williams part
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

diffuser

SchuMassa wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 00:01
JordanMugen wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Alonsismo wrote:
he is very toxic

diffuser wrote:
They have a choice. They can release him out right. Let him find his own seat.

Mr Alcatraz

I'm guessing that Mc 'Astri will sign with Williams, or Mc' McLaren, with Fred hanging at Alpine. I guess we'll see

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 05:34
They have a choice. They can release him out right. Let him find his own seat.
They can certainly do that. It's not a good option if they actually want Piastri to drive for Alpine though. :)

With this option if Piastri impresses for Williams, he could be poached by AlphaTauri into the Red Bull junior program, McLaren or HAAS into the Ferrari junior program or whoever and it would rather make the Alpine junior program seem a waste of time and money for the sportscar maker.

If rookie F3 and F2 champion titles are not enough to be considered worthy of promotion in the Alpine junior program than what is? :wtf: