2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 29 - 31

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MtthsMlw

2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 29 - 31

2021 Results
Qualifying

Race

2021 Pole Lap

2021 Race Highlights

Schedule and more information

LM10

Re: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 29 - 31

Ferrari's biggest rival will be Ferrari. Let's see how it turns out this time around.

organic

The circuit will suit the F1-75's strengths and highlight the rb18's weaknesses. I think this will be a 1-2 for Ferrari without other factors

aleks_ader

Hmm i m gona said it. Ferrari 1&2 very likely. But SC, VSC are very very big possibility. So yeah. Merc winning is not out of picture. Or even one of Alpines or Haases could suprise if chaos ensues.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

Merc has low speed provees as Ferrari. So yeah at pure pace not. But i can see that could be very very likely factor to consider.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Zynerji

I'm calling KMag and Haas' first win.😏

Sevach

I don't know wether he's bullshitting but Max said he expects Ferrari to run away with this one.

dialtone

Sevach wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 19:42
I don't know wether he's bullshitting but Max said he expects Ferrari to run away with this one.
Setup issues aside (Miami), not in a single race Ferrari was slower in any kind of corner than any other car. Ferrari is the only competition they have this race.

aleks_ader

dialtone wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 19:48
Sevach wrote:
Setup issues aside (Miami), not in a single race Ferrari was slower in any kind of corner than any other car. Ferrari is the only competition they have this race.
Imagine now LEC and SAI after front row lockup collide in first corner of race. That would such 2022 mood.

Wouter

https://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/mo ... .bild.html

Haas upgrade issues
Mick has the parts disadvantage

After the pointless Grand Prix in France (Mick was 15th), the next setback for Mick Schumacher (23): The long-awaited upgrade, which was supposed to come in Budapest/Hungary at the weekend, is not finished in time - at least not for Mick .

The first and last upgrade for the Haas will not be available for both cars. Those responsible for the US racing team therefore decided that Kevin Magnussen (29), Schumi Jr.'s teammate, would be the first to receive the new parts. Mick will have to wait until after the summer break when they race in Spa/Belgium at the end of August.

Mick to BILD: "I have to wait until Spa. Because it's just the way it is in this case." When asked, Mick is short: "It's okay."

Haas team boss Günther Steiner (57) confirms: “There will only be one car with upgrades. And even for this one, spare parts are becoming very scarce. It all came very late. Also, we had some accidents, so the material and resources were used to rebuild the cars.”
The Power of Dreams!

yamahasho

This may favor Mercedes as I recall Hungary is not a high speed track.

Can anyone give me the technicals details about Mercedes engine, why are they so down on power? Didn’t f1 engines get homologated? Does that occur at the beginning of the season? Or can teams continue to develop external engine parts?
Honda was down on top end last year the reason I’m asking and my intent is to find out exactly when they made the upgrade.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

organic

yamahasho wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 21:53

Can anyone give me the technicals details about Mercedes engine, why are they so down on power? Didn’t f1 engines get homologated? Does that occur at the beginning of the season? Or can teams continue to develop external engine parts?
Honda was down on top end last year the reason I’m asking and my intent is to find out exactly when they made the upgrade.
There was a large change in between 2021 and 2022 in terms of engines. They moved from E5 to E10 fuel which is doubling the amount of ethanol. The engines had to be changed to be efficient with the new fuel; clearly Honda did a better job at that adaptation than Mercedes

LM10

Sevach wrote:
I think it’s a pretty straightforward thing to be honest. Ferrari is the class of the field chassis-wise and will disappear into the distance under normal circumstances. Max is not bullshitting. And he can say it in a massively relaxed way due to the points gap he has to Leclerc. What a shame he does not need to care about this one, if you ask me. He can finish 3rd and it won’t hurt him in any way.

deadhead

LM10 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 18:37
Ferrari's biggest rival will be Ferrari. Let's see how it turns out this time around.
Rain.

I expect one of the drivers to crash/spin on Saturday or Sunday.. or both days and both drivers :(

yamahasho

organic wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 22:12
yamahasho wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 21:53

There was a large change in between 2021 and 2022 in terms of engines. They moved from E5 to E10 fuel which is doubling the amount of ethanol. The engines had to be changed to be efficient with the new fuel; clearly Honda did a better job at that adaptation than Mercedes
Curious how they managed that, ethanol creates a lot of cylinder wall wash, keeps them cooler, wonder if Honda is running more timing and hotter temps which could be the cause of their reliability issues in order to eek every bit out of it.

I don’t think Vest. should put it in cruise control, after spa, the cars may run different, he needs a big lead in case they lose their .5 sec a lap advantage.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro