New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mclaren111

Re: New Videos

Iik wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 09:32
#-o Wat is dis?
=D> =D> =D> =D>

johnny comelately

Felt this was worth reposting as this is an astounding and very revealing interview and the fact that one of the drawbacks of forums is that things get covered over very easily.

Amongst many other fascinating things "Nige" discusses spinal concussion of 85G from the crash at the 1987 Japanese GP qualifying at about the 24 minute mark, he was a paraplegic for 3 months !
F1 injuries dont get aired enough and the nature of them has changed with the different formulae and tracks.

Last edited by johnny comelately on 24 Jul 2022, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

proteus

Lando and his feelings toward the car in Austria:

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

johnny comelately

English subtitles
Fascinating history and the design process of a small F1 team ...all the players

Big Tea

A light hearted look at Ferrari's tactics and boobs this week
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Holm86

Strong words from Vettel

johnny comelately

Paying homage before the barbarians at the gate consign this beauty to the annals of history

And the result....

johnny comelately

AMG all the racing history cars and some road cars, Coulthard, Lewis, Bernd Schneider etc

johnny comelately

"That's like getting my wife ready to go out on a date" (from one of the comments)

johnny comelately

A tremendous talk from Sir Lewis Hamilton, quite the insight.
You may have noticed his trip to Africa with his brothers lately too.

Airshifter

johnny comelately wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 00:43
AMG all the racing history cars and some road cars, Coulthard, Lewis, Bernd Schneider etc
They have built some great cars, but for me the best were the older "sleepers" when they were not in house with MB yet, and branding wasn't often recognized by many.

There was a local guy that, like myself, was friends with the owner and a customer of his local computer shop. I had met him a number of times, and somehow one day we got talking cars. When I mentioned AMG, he pointed to his 450 and said it was an AMG. Completely under the radar in such a big car, without any real external clues. From my memory I think it had a 7.3 liter engine based on the Merc 6.9. He took me for a ride down the road, and for such a large car it would flat out scoot! Even with some lifting to ease the 1-2 shift it gave a solid bark of the rear tires and could really pull. Sleepers are fun. :mrgreen:

Here in the US, the Hammers were the cars that really brought AMG into the public eye. I think they got reviewed by a number of the big car publications, and that didn't hurt. There were a couple in my area, mostly owned by the crew of a successful local music producer. A number of others that were modded to look like the Hammer with wheels and such, but lacking the true muscle.

vorticism

Warning these are very 90s.

𓄀

johnny comelately

This caught my attention, shame it is a shooting brake

johnny comelately

A fascinating history of Alfa, from 1950 inaugural WDC with 7 races including the Indy 500 at 300hp, 1951 with 420bhp supercharged, Farina and Fangio through the skirts, ground effects, no skirts, Ecclestone's free engines, sports car racing in the 33 TT onto now with just the name... there is a straight 8 there in the Alfetta 158, a 1500cc supercharged

johnny comelately

1964 Sebring, the Lotus Cortina with Jim Clark and a cast of thousands lines up for the 250 stock? car race and then the 12 hour!
How far we've come...